Hi all; Newbie in the making from SOT (1 Viewer)

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Having not a clue on what Van to buy so can anyone point me in the right direction :
we have both decided that we would like a 4 berth , rear end lounge, two travelling seats,

Also we aim to tour France in 2014 so engine wise what would be best efficient engine to go for...

Many thanks it's all so mind boggling :Eeek:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know, but you have come to the right place, from the right place::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: some of us have to:Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Best advice I can give you is go to a funster meet and bring plenty oatcakes. Funsters are easily bribed with oatcakes, cheese and bacon :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
To get the most out of Fun just Link Removed it will be the best tenner you have ever spent and with Funster discounts you will get it back time and time again

Peter

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hello me duck, please don't bring me oatcakes, just the cheese and bacon LOL

I may not be fond of (Staffs) oatcakes - but I am fond of a nice bit of Spode or Wedgwood - old stuff will do, really old stuff even - so I'll be happy if you substitute that. My wants are simple ...... :ROFLMAO:

Oh come on, give us some clues! Like how much are 'we' spending? Obviously, as little as possible, that's everyone's ambition - but within a range of what ? to what ?

And do we intend to always have electric hook-up and stay on sites, or are we intending to wild and staying on aires in France?

All of em have a minimum of 2 belted seats, in t' front, or did you mean 2 EXTRA belted seats?

Do you want an overcab/Luton bed, or make up the lounge seats into a bed every night, or a fixed bed? Are you very tall, is your girth larger than normal? Not being size-ist, but dimensions of beds and bathrooms, and the willingness/ability to climb ladders, all come into it.

Any pets to carry - a St Bernard or Chihuahua?

Cooking requirements - do you want a full stove with grill and oven, or just a hob? (some foreign vans don't come with ovens or grills as standard)

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Newbie from SOT

Best advice I can give you is go to a funster meet and bring plenty oatcakes. Funsters are easily bribed with oatcakes, cheese and bacon :winky:

Now you are talking I was raised up on Oatcakes :thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to motorhomefun.

Mel

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Hello me duck, please don't bring me oatcakes, just the cheese and bacon LOL

I may not be fond of (Staffs) oatcakes - but I am fond of a nice bit of Spode or Wedgwood - old stuff will do, really old stuff even - so I'll be happy if you substitute that. My wants are simple ...... :ROFLMAO:

Oh come on, give us some clues! Like how much are 'we' spending? Obviously, as little as possible, that's everyone's ambition - but within a range of what ? to what ?

And do we intend to always have electric hook-up and stay on sites, or are we intending to wild and staying on aires in France?

All of em have a minimum of 2 belted seats, in t' front, or did you mean 2 EXTRA belted seats?

Do you want an overcab/Luton bed, or make up the lounge seats into a bed every night, or a fixed bed? Are you very tall, is your girth larger than normal? Not being size-ist, but dimensions of beds and bathrooms, and the willingness/ability to climb ladders, all come into it.

Any pets to carry - a St Bernard or Chihuahua?

Cooking requirements - do you want a full stove with grill and oven, or just a hob? (some foreign vans don't come with ovens or grills as standard)

Hi Jenny thanks for that reply "had me laughing"then I'm back being totally bewildered by the many options so qith a budget upto 20k , mainly there will be 2 of us but as I'm a very keen cyclist a 4 berth so that team members of my club can go over to Belgium for races. - pull down front bed , rear Lounge to make up , A class I guess .. we are off to Oaktree in Notts today so wish me luck and thanks for your advice ... taking 1/2 doz oatcakes with us (maybe a discount comes to mind) :winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Could be worth looking at 2000/2004 cica Hymer 584 or 544 would have most of what you want around the right price Nd good storage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back