Exploding water taps (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
How can I stop any of the hot or cold taps from splattering everything within 5 feet:cry:

The tank can be full, bled out , the pump stays pressurized and does not click until the taps are on.

There seems to be 50% air in the system even though I can run the taps through, they seem to almost explode water everywhere even with the tap just on:Eeek:
I put a stew pot under one on Sunday and covered walls/floors ect:Angry:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Them bleeding taps

How can I stop any of the hot or cold taps from splattering everything within 5 feet:cry:

The tank can be full, bled out , the pump stays pressurized and does not click until the taps are on.

There seems to be 50% air in the system even though I can run the taps through, they seem to almost explode water everywhere even with the tap just on:Eeek:
I put a stew pot under one on Sunday and covered walls/floors ect:Angry:

Hmmmm. We seem to have a similar problem in our Hymer. I always bleed the taps (all of them, including the shower) but after a day or so when I turn the bathroom sink tap on, it splutters and blasts water all over the place. So now I keep my trunks on all the time, though it can be a bit embarrassing in the local supermarket.
::bigsmile:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
possibly a leak or the pump starting to fail(water running backwards through it back into the tank), which in turn allows air into the system?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if the pump doesnt pulse unless a tap is opened it cant draw air into the pipes.....the pipes are pressurised and any leakage would be water going out...not air going in.

i suspect the pressure switch diaphragm spring has failed in so much as the cut off pressure has risen a lot and cutting out higher than normal.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
if the pump doesnt pulse unless a tap is opened it cant draw air into the pipes.....the pipes are pressurised and any leakage would be water going out...not air going in.

i suspect the pressure switch diaphragm spring has failed in so much as the cut off pressure has risen a lot and cutting out higher than normal.
Could there be a split in the draw /supply pipe to the pump so as to draw in air ? then pressurize it:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bazzermc

Free Member
Feb 7, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have just used our motorhome for the first time.

I didn't notice any problem when I cleaned the system at home, but when we got on site every time we switched on a tap we had an "explosion". We made do and when I got home I started to look for an air leak in the feed to the pump......we didn't have the problem, but we don't have the water heater on, so is the air in the system created when we heat the water?

Anyone come across this?

Autotrail Cheyenne.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have a similar problem with our Swift but we only get the 'explosions' when we first turn the tap on after switching on the pump, I assume this is due to air in the pipes.

I tend to have the kitchen tap only just switched on until only water is coming out.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back