R/H hab doors on site. (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
When in France I park the wrong way on site (unless a row of u/k MH`s) to fit in with euro r/h side doors.
This stops having to make neighbours feeling awkward about having to watch our lot shouting and being silly:ROFLMAO:
Pulled up Friday night on a numbered pitch ( to find a hire MH parked looking out to sea with a R/H hab door , so I though ok, and parked rear end out to put my door the opposite way:thumb: but--

Another pulled up on my other side and wanted a sea view but was faced with our x2 bikes/scooters/beer/shouting head on so, parked up facing us.

Lot`s of frowns from them (adult campers) later I thought , I cant do right for doing wrong:Angry:

So, if in the U/K, did R/H hab doors ought to park the wrong way around , because x1selfish one the wrong way around can mess up a whole row:Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
F.F.S.....does it really matter.

if they dont like it they have the option of finding another pitch.

they may have given dirty looks but i bet they never said a word.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I ask SWMBO which view she wants.

That's the way round I park, 'cos I have to live with her, not them.
No one has complained or given dirty looks to us, not even site wardens, but if they did I would be polite and try and resolve the issue with them.

I have had units park door facing door after we have parked up but it has never been a problem for us, and apparently not for them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We just park so as to have the view or position we prefer.

If you are on a site, just stay within the limits of the pitch and park as suits your wants....

If you can park one way with a lovely sea, lake, mountain or river view, and the other way round you will be facing a hedge, wall or toilet block, its a no brainer.

Simples.

::bigsmile:

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Why is the door position an issue?
We have a left hand drive motorhome with the habitation door on the right hand side and park however suits us, never had a problem here or in Europe!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try parking with your Hab door facing another on the CC Site at Baltic Wharf:roflmto:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Only the caravan club seem to have a problem in the UK. They get pretty uoset about the side the door us on. Currently on site in France and nobody cares which way round you are

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try parking with your Hab door facing another on the CC Site at Baltic Wharf:roflmto:
Or the CC&C site at Oxford!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
There is no "wrong way" unless it states "park this way" - if the other MH owner does not like it TOUGH they should move on as the other poster states. We have driven round a site for ages or parked up and walked round to find the right spot.

Enjoy your space and STUFF them........... Simples

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Arrive on site, check sun position and park with hab. door facing. Anything else not negotiable.:thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Only the caravan club seem to have a problem in the UK. They get pretty uoset about the side the door us on. Currently on site in France and nobody cares which way round you are

The moral here is never use CC club sites. We never do and while in the UK stay on C&CC listed sites

Allan

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We sometimes have a real dilemma which can be determined depending on where the 'view' is! We have a van conversion so have a large sliding door on the UK nearside with the dinette opposite on the offside, and a rear transverse bed. For a side view, whilst eating we like to be able to look out of the window on the UK offside to whatever the view is, but then again we sometimes like it the other way round and look out of the sliding door if it is a nice day and we can sit with it open ... then there's the rear or front view ... if we're planning on slobbing about on the rear bed we might like the van rear on to the view and have the rear doors open, of if we're going to be in the front of the van more then we'll put that facing the view. Also, I like to wake up to a view and as we have a window at the end of the bed on the UK offside that could determine which way we park! :Doh:

This is ONE reason why we bought our current van as very few of them have a window at the end of the transverse bed:

Attachments

• view from bed.jpg
    view from bed.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 33

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
When in France I park the wrong way on site (unless a row of u/k MH`s) to fit in with euro r/h side doors.
This stops having to make neighbours feeling awkward about having to watch our lot shouting and being silly:ROFLMAO:
Pulled up Friday night on a numbered pitch ( to find a hire MH parked looking out to sea with a R/H hab door , so I though ok, and parked rear end out to put my door the opposite way:thumb: but--

Another pulled up on my other side and wanted a sea view but was faced with our x2 bikes/scooters/beer/shouting head on so, parked up facing us.

Lot`s of frowns from them (adult campers) later I thought , I cant do right for doing wrong:Angry:

So, if in the U/K, did R/H hab doors ought to park the wrong way around , because x1selfish one the wrong way around can mess up a whole row:Angry:

This is why I use field and tap CS sites. I doubt any caravans or M/H are parked within 30 degrees of each other across the entire site.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Arrive on site, check sun position and park with hab. door facing. Anything else not negotiable.:thumb:

What if your facing neighbours are with kids/noisy/loud/football/scooters,
would you wish you parked the other way:ROFLMAO:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have not had a problem with any CC site and they dont care which way around.
rear offside or front nearside to the peg! i.e. middle of the pitch.
since November
Bunree
Strathclyde
Bridlington
Beechwood Grange
Wharfedale
Hebden Bridge
Alderstead Heath
Chapel Lane

so it is clearly not CC policy so tell the warden to do one!

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
[HI]would you wish you parked the other way[/HI]:ROFLMAO:

Not at all..........

We've got kids too, yes, kids can be noisy, kids can be loud, and our boys do have scooters.......

We could let the kids play running riot, whilst we get to know the neighbours, watch Sky Sports Footie with them, share cheap lager from Lidl, and throw our empties out the other side of our vans.........:RollEyes:

Mind you there are not often other vans parked near us so we don't have to worry... but when there are our boys are pretty well behaved, rarely use footballs and like to use their "stunt" scooters in a scooter park, not on a grass field...

Why the assumption vans with kids onboard are noisy and the neighbours from hell....... or are too many motorhomers just miserable grumpy old gits with preconceived prejudice............

:winky::winky::winky:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, I suppose you could say why the assumption that parents shouldn't be responsible for their kids?
I'm sure you are, but many aren't. It seems the norm now that kids are just left to their own devices, to cause as much noise and create as much mayhem as they want, and that's supposed to be acceptable.
So everyone has a choice. You either put up with it, risk getting into a punch up by saying something, or just turn the key. It's the age we live in. You need a licence to drive a car, fly a plane, use a ham radio, but the most important job in the world, namely bringing up children to be responsible adults, needs nothing.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well, I suppose you could say why the assumption that parents shouldn't be responsible for their kids?
I'm sure you are, but many aren't. [HI]It seems the norm now that kids are just left to their own devices, to cause as much noise and create as much mayhem as they want, and that's supposed to be acceptable.[/HI]
So everyone has a choice. You either put up with it, risk getting into a punch up by saying something, or just turn the key. It's the age we live in. You need a licence to drive a car, fly a plane, use a ham radio, [HI]but the most important job in the world, namely bringing up children to be responsible adults, needs nothing[/HI].

As you are "spending the kids inheritance", I guess you have kids. I'm sure they did not "cause as much noise and create as much mayhem as they wanted" whlst they were growing up.

I'm also sure you had no "licences" to bring your kids up, same as us, and neither did all our parents who brought us up. Are you suggesting parents need licences now?

What places are you going with your van where you fell you risk being punched, or was that just something you heard from someone who was also gassed and robbed in France?

I made my comments about the noisy neighbours "tongue in cheek", but it seems there are those out there who just see kids as feral beasts..... They seem to forget their own childhoods when they ran around, had fun and made a lot of noise.

On our summer tour this year we stayed on a site near Barcelona so we could visit the city. Our boys (5 & 10) befriended a little lad age 6, on the beach, whilst our boys were flying their kites, they let the other lad join in and play as he was fascinated by the kites. We ended up having a great few days with that family, eating in each others vans, sharing wine and beer, and laughs and fun with the kids playing on the beach and in the pools.

Sadly not a drop of "mayhem" could be found, amazingly no threats of violence ensued. The boys did make noise, it was screams of fun and laughter, we (adults) were making as much noise as them enjoying their fun having a great time in a happy environment.
That's the age we live in.... until, you know who, "Victor Meldrew" comes along.......:Doh:

Without all our kids, all the grumpy old gits who complain about them will have no one working to fund their pensions, so please, be nice to them, otherwise they might just actually revolt......:winky: :winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our last van and this one have continental doors, and when you choose your pitch its your choice, but when on site you sort out how you are going to park with the warden / steward before you pitch, if they don't like it get your money back and go somewhere else.::bigsmile:

When we parked people on the rallies, we always tried to park all doors the same side, unless they of course wanted doors to doors, two reasons the first is if you have children, the person next to you might have a dog that's not over friendly, as in our last dog fine if you kept your distance and ignored her.:Doh:
And the other reason is having your own space, then you can chose to invite them round for the BBQ, rather than them having to be part of it if they wished to site outside on their 'shared' pitch.:whatthe:

We have been at Rutland Water since Thursday very peaceful no marked pitches, on Saturday a tag axle a class motorhome parked really close to us, putting us in the shade, BBQ was On and all the smoke was coming our way, they drank far too much and empty bottles laid everywhere, and we were very happy when they finished at about two o'clock in the morning.:Doh:

We are just glad it was our friends Funsters Gaz ( Gary and Julie ) it was a great weekend. :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob and Jane, Izzy and Amber

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I have not had a problem with any CC site and they dont care which way around.
rear offside or front nearside to the peg! i.e. middle of the pitch.
since November
Bunree
Strathclyde
Bridlington
Beechwood Grange
Wharfedale
Hebden Bridge
Alderstead Heath
Chapel Lane

so it is clearly not CC policy so tell the warden to do one!
I agree there seems to be a witch hunt against them I've used CC sites for 30 years and have never had any problems you can park front in or reverse as long as you park at the peg,some wardens can be a bit nippy but not all Bill

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Try Rowntree park in york. The markers are in the left corner. We had a whole empty pitch with us in the corner. I queried this with the cc and have an email from them expkaining their reasons. No witch hunt, but both York and Bristol have given me a problem.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
would you wish you parked the other way:ROFLMAO:

No. I find a few tracks of Pink Floyd in the cans tend to block out any noise, be it boisterous children or Mr & Mrs Deaf with their tv on vibrate, and, what's even better, the music doesn't have any effect on the sun!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please help me...

Tell me if I have got this right.

It is possible, in some circumstances, to have paid money to stay on a campsite and then have someone come along and tell you which way around you must park your van?

Surely I am mistaken?

JJ :Cool:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Try Rowntree park in york. The markers are in the left corner. We had a whole empty pitch with us in the corner. I queried this with the cc and have an email from them expkaining their reasons. No witch hunt, but both York and Bristol have given me a problem.
I don't get this the pitch markers up here are in the middle and you pitch the front tyre left going in forward if you go in backwards you pitch right rear tyre on the peg it's something to do with a 6m rule between outfitsBill

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
As you are "spending the kids inheritance", I guess you have kids. I'm sure they did not "cause as much noise and create as much mayhem as they wanted" whlst they were growing up.

I'm also sure you had no "licences" to bring your kids up, same as us, and neither did all our parents who brought us up. Are you suggesting parents need licences now?

What places are you going with your van where you fell you risk being punched, or was that just something you heard from someone who was also gassed and robbed in France?

I made my comments about the noisy neighbours "tongue in cheek", but it seems there are those out there who just see kids as feral beasts..... They seem to forget their own childhoods when they ran around, had fun and made a lot of noise.

On our summer tour this year we stayed on a site near Barcelona so we could visit the city. Our boys (5 & 10) befriended a little lad age 6, on the beach, whilst our boys were flying their kites, they let the other lad join in and play as he was fascinated by the kites. We ended up having a great few days with that family, eating in each others vans, sharing wine and beer, and laughs and fun with the kids playing on the beach and in the pools.

Sadly not a drop of "mayhem" could be found, amazingly no threats of violence ensued. The boys did make noise, it was screams of fun and laughter, we (adults) were making as much noise as them enjoying their fun having a great time in a happy environment.
That's the age we live in.... until, you know who, "Victor Meldrew" comes along.......:Doh

No they didnt. I was serving in the Parachute Regiment whilst they were kids. Bad behaviour got a sharp clip behind the ear.

Read my post again, this time with your specs on??:winky:

Read all the posts again, but cant find anyone who thinks kids are 'feral beasts', but sorry, no fun in our house after my dad was killed in Korea.

I was speaking objectively. Only peeps I ever heard of in France being gassed were a few hundred thousand British Troops in WW1

That sounds really nice You could write travel books.

That's the age we live in.... until, you know who, "Victor Meldrew" comes along.......:Doh

Sure I must have met you before?? Are you perchance the guy who dosent like adverse opinion about his posts, and so in the end reverts to name calling??::bigsmile:

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Our last van and this one have continental doors, and when you choose your pitch its your choice, but when on site you sort out how you are going to park with the warden / steward before you pitch, if they don't like it get your money back and go somewhere else.::bigsmile:

When we parked people on the rallies, we always tried to park all doors the same side, unless they of course wanted doors to doors, two reasons the first is if you have children, the person next to you might have a dog that's not over friendly, as in our last dog fine if you kept your distance and ignored her.:Doh:
And the other reason is having your own space, then you can chose to invite them round for the BBQ, rather than them having to be part of it if they wished to site outside on their 'shared' pitch.:whatthe:

We have been at Rutland Water since Thursday very peaceful no marked pitches, on Saturday a tag axle a class motorhome parked really close to us, putting us in the shade, BBQ was On and all the smoke was coming our way, they drank far too much and empty bottles laid everywhere, and we were very happy when they finished at about two o'clock in the morning.:Doh:

We are just glad it was our friends Funsters Gaz ( Gary and Julie ) it was a great weekend. :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob and Jane, Izzy and Amber

As I was reading this post I was cringing thinking "the in-laws have a van like that, I'm sure they said they were going to Rutland" - until I read the last line ::bigsmile:
Hope you all had a good time

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No they didnt. I was serving in the Parachute Regiment whilst they were kids. Bad behaviour got a sharp clip behind the ear.

Left or right, or as a "military" man would it be Left, Left Left, Right, Left....:whatthe:

Read my post again, this time with your specs on??:winky:

I did...... and did I miss something?:Blush:

Read all the posts again, but cant find anyone who thinks kids are 'feral beasts', but sorry, no fun in our house after my dad was killed in Korea.

That is sad..... truly......

I was speaking objectively. Only peeps I ever heard of in France being gassed were a few hundred thousand British Troops in WW1

Broken Link Removed :winky:

That sounds really nice You could write travel books.

Thank you....I shall consider it ..

Sure I must have met you before?? Are you perchance the guy who dosent like adverse opinion about his posts, and so in the end reverts to name calling??::bigsmile:

Really, I don't recall the occasion, in fact in fact "I don't believe it".....:RollEyes:

By the way, which way round do you park your van?
....even with my specs on I could not see your response to the OP.....
.:winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As I was reading this post I was cringing thinking "the in-laws have a van like that, I'm sure they said they were going to Rutland" - until I read the last line ::bigsmile:
Hope you all had a good time

Hi, yes had a great weekend, Gary had a sore head as the vodka got the better of him. :RollEyes: But Jane got her breathalyser out and after more than 12 hours he was OK to drive, she wanted to take a blood test be he was having none of that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He did tell me to wind you up, but I could not do that as well as he would. :whatthe::ROFLMAO:

Good luck with the self build, I will have a look at the blog when we get home.
::bigsmile: Bob and Jane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back