LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Khyam Motordome Excelsior, without doubt - in my opinion. Easy to put up and take down, once you know how. Light enough for to move around by yourself, very sturdy in the wind. And you can fit a lot of people in for dinner!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Khyam Motordome Excelsior, without doubt - in my opinion. Easy to put up and take down, once you know how. Light enough for to move around by yourself, very sturdy in the wind. And you can fit a lot of people in for dinner!
I'm not so sure - the guy on the left has had to fold himself up to fit :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
THere is a wide variety of driveaways available now, the Kampa inflatable ones are proving very popular although expensive.:cry:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/kampa-awnings.html

Outdoor Revolution have been making them for years
http://www.johnscross.co.uk/motorhome-driveaway-awnings-freestanding-awnings.html

For more advice, just give us a call

Peter

we have this awning, it is easy to put up, but can not be described as drive away as it has no side where MH goes, unless there is a specific MH version and I have bought wrong one, wouldn't be the first time!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
having had all sorts of driveaway awnings over the years, i would also seriously recomend the khyam motordome. its a great size, sturdy, lightweight and excellent quality. the frame is lightweight alloy and remains attached to the material. you simply unfold and clip the fame into place, which really does take 60 seconds plus pegging down, which of course depends on ground conditions. generally i have it up and pegged out, all done whilst the wife makes a coffee in the same time.

ours has stood up to very severe weather, wind and rain without problems:thumb:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
It looks ideal all the pictures I've seen don't show how it buts to the motorhome it's a Fiat DucatoBill

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Here's another photo of it. This was the first time we had used it. If you have an awning rail you get a figure of 8 rail and a strip of kador.

Figure of 8

kador strip

If you have a fiamma awning you will need the 7mm & 4mm, but if you a fixing it straight to the van awning rail like us, we needed the 7mm x 7mm. Hope this makes sense.

Also see here for a clip showing how to put it up single handed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Here's another photo of it. This was the first time we had used it. If you have an awning rail you get a figure of 8 rail and a strip of kador.

Figure of 8

kador strip

If you have a fiamma awning you will need the 7mm & 4mm, but if you a fixing it straight to the van awning rail like us, we needed the 7mm x 7mm. Hope this makes sense.

Also see here for a clip showing how to put it up single handed.
Yes I have Fiamma rail I didn't know that it attached to the Fiamma canopy so it will be 7mm & 4mm Bill

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi - Khyam Motordome Sleeper, absolutely fantastic and mahoosive. Just as simple as the other quick erect (ahem) awnings but just so much bigger - if that's what you need. You can have the two bedrooms in (4 berth) or out and have a huge area - 3m deep and about 5.25m long. Robust, easy to put up, relatively light and very easy to connect/disconnect.
Only problem is getting them - just about everyone advertises them but once your money is paid you get notified they 'may take some time'.

Hope it helps,

Trikeman. :winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes I have Fiamma rail I didn't know that it attached to the Fiamma canopy so it will be 7mm & 4mm Bill

I am almost 99.9% sure that is right but please double check before you buy. As I said, we connect to the awning rail on the van as we don't have a fiamma canopy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back