Christmas Markets (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I hate to bring up the "C" word but we are planning another christmas market trip and looking for suggestions, We did Brugges last year so want somewhere else within striking distance of Calais for a weekend trip, maybe 3 hrs driving each way. What you got for me?

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Ypres apparently has a good Christmas market. Not been though. We are off to Munich again.

Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ypres apparently has a good Christmas market. Not been though. We are off to Munich again.

Lin
only thing is that the camp site is not open but there is motorhome parking along the canal side when you go in to iper from the menin road side just before you go through the gate turn left keep going till you get to a small roundabout straight on you cant miss it stayed there lodes of times and nice and safe:thumb:
and not fare to the pub
correction to post the camp sit you can still use it over the closed season but there is no toilet shower block open but there is hook up you pay at the booth shelf service
you can still dump the toilet and there is a water tap if not frozen
the wife reminded me of that fact

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Do you need winter tyres fitted now if your visiting the German Christmas markets?

You only need winter tyres on the drive axle of a motorhome.
+ you will only be fined if you have an accident

This is the offical view posted in the Belgium camping club magazine not my view.

Mel

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You only need winter tyres on the drive axle of a motorhome.
+ you will only be fined if you have an accident

This is the offical view posted in the Belgium camping club magazine not my view.

Mel
i think that would be a yes then
::bigsmile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We've done the Christmas Markets at Valkenburgh in South Holland. There is a good campsite about 5 minutes walk from the town centre, Camping Den Dreitch is the campsite name.

There are a couple of Markets in the caves and around the area. Aachen is about 5 K away. You can get a bus there and back or Mastrich is a short train ride away. They both have Christmas Markets.

Valkenburgh is about 4 hours or so from Dunkerque so a slightly longer journey from Calais, mainly on Dual carriageway with no toll roads.

Great eating out in Valkenburgh and the streets are lined with small illuminated Christmas trees. It snowed one year when we were there, really gave it that special feeling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back