rapido 746f (2009) Truma boiler (1 Viewer)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
we are located on the Croatia Island of KRK not that's got anything to do with my problem, that is we cant get the boiler to work (gas or electric) the actual control (knurdled wheel) LED doesn't light up to show the unit's on..the 10amp fuse is ok and there's water in the boiler and the pump is working and it's not a faulty LED all other electrical items work fine..... anyone had a similar experience ??

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Is it a Truma Combi 4E/6E that you have? If so, the boiler itself will flash a fault code that you can use to diagnose the problem. It's a series of 8 long or short flashes - like Morse code. HTH :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
are you sure that 240v doesnt work? its seperate to the gas controls so could be 2 faults

as for the gas control knob not illuminating its LED, that could be
12v supply
control itself faulty
faulty board on the heater
loose wire

its hard to diagnose without more info and meter readings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Is it a Truma Combi 4E/6E that you have? If so, the boiler itself will flash a fault code that you can use to diagnose the problem. It's a series of 8 long or short flashes - like Morse code. HTH :Smile:

not sure which boiler it is ?? all we know so far that its a combi but to answer your question no nothing has ever come up on the main control panel

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Does the boiler/heating function have to be enabled/disabled on the control panel? I seem to remember falling foul of that on the odd occasion ?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I think the 10 amp fuse is 240v.

There is a controlling pcb on the side of the boiler - you will need to get to the side somehow (my rapido has covers that come off in the cupboards next to the boiler cupboard). This probably has a 12v fuse in it, probably very low amps (less than 2). If this has blown then the whole boiler will be dead.

Only other thought is if no 12v is getting to the boiler at all. Have you checked all the 12v fuses? In my rapido they are in a fuse box in the garage.

As others have said these units do give code flashes to indicate faults but that does not happen if no 12v current is getting to the boiler at all.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
not sure which boiler it is ?? all we know so far that its a combi but to answer your question no nothing has ever come up on the main control panel

The flashing fault code doesn't appear on the main control panel. There is an LED on the boiler itself which flashes a series of 'dots' or 'dashes' if there's a fault. You might need to remove a cover on the boiler to see it, although with mine I can see the LED through a hole in the cover. HTH

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
The flashing fault code doesn't appear on the main control panel. There is an LED on the boiler itself which flashes a series of 'dots' or 'dashes' if there's a fault. You might need to remove a cover on the boiler to see it, although with mine I can see the LED through a hole in the cover. HTH

Agreed but if there is no 12v juice getting to the boiler this will show nothing at all. The lack of a light in the switch, as stated in the first post, suggests no 12v power supply, possibly either a fuse in the boiler itself or elsewhere in the van.

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I think the 10 amp fuse is 240v.

There is a controlling pcb on the side of the boiler - you will need to get to the side somehow (my rapido has covers that come off in the cupboards next to the boiler cupboard). This probably has a 12v fuse in it, probably very low amps (less than 2). If this has blown then the whole boiler will be dead.

Only other thought is if no 12v is getting to the boiler at all. Have you checked all the 12v fuses? In my rapido they are in a fuse box in the garage.

As others have said these units do give code flashes to indicate faults but that does not happen if no 12v current is getting to the boiler at all.
Yes checked fuses in the garage all ok, anyway a LED lights up in the fuse box indicating a fuse failure, ...took out the kitchen draw today exposing the crap workmanship of the Rapido builders, but that's another story found the boilers 12volt panel, took out the glass fuse which is Ok, according to the rapido manual there appears to be another 10amp/23volt fuse lower down the boiler's exterior but that's not a job to be carried out on a foreign camp site especially with no multimeter:Angry:

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Does the boiler/heating function have to be enabled/disabled on the control panel? I seem to remember falling foul of that on the odd occasion ?

I am having a similar problem with a Thulma water heater, will go out and try that possible remedy now!

Didn't work oh well!

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If it's the 4002 or 6002 then the pcb on the side of the boiler in the rectangular box gas two slow burn fuses on it. Furthermore there is a reset button on the other rectangular box on the other side of the boiler.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back