Boxer Aerial Is Doing My Stack (1 Viewer)

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Do you know I thought I resolved my problem but must have just been in a good area,

I put a fairly expensive aerial on the qtr panel of the van, made a copper ground plane so it reflects like good aerials but still no good signal. I cant believe that its down to the shadow of the cab.

Ive run a coax from the status and thats no better however it may be the status is not the newer DAB type.

Some of the Burnster vans have a whip on the pillar

Who knows,,,, does anyone have a solution that works

I feel this may drive me to more drink:beer:

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Boxer radio

We have an Elddis 120 on a Boxer. Every Peugeot we have ever owned has had a rubbish radio, I don't know if it's the radio, aerial or vehicle which is to blame. So we have resigned ourselves to either listening to Radio 2 or no radio at all. AM produces the sort of sound you would expect Voyager to hear on the other side of the universe !
Please let me know if you reach a satisfactory conclusion to the problem, as long as it's not too technical and can be fixed by a light hammer.

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
I will keep you in the loop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I swapped my Peugeot radio for a Kenwood set with Bluetooth and iPod connection, it was about £70, worked well and an easy swap, you lose the steering wheel control for the radio unless you fit a rather expensive adaptor kit, which I didn't find necessary. The main point was the reception was first class:thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Can you fit an aerial on the roof? My Van ( Boxer based) has a small fin type aerial and reception is pretty good. We get Radio 4 in Northern France quite easily.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Can you fit an aerial on the roof? My Van ( Boxer based) has a small fin type aerial and reception is pretty good. We get Radio 4 in Northern France quite easily.
Allan

That's a long way to go to listen to the radio:roflmto:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I swapped my Peugeot radio for a Kenwood set with Bluetooth and iPod connection, it was about £70, worked well and an easy swap, you lose the steering wheel control for the radio unless you fit a rather expensive adaptor kit, which I didn't find necessary. The main point was the reception was first class:thumb:

That's interesting, our Ducato radio keeps losing the signal & we constantly have to retune to another frequency, always thought it was the aerial but now I'm wondering if it's the radio?

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First