Jim's Flashing Tyre Pressure Monitors (1 Viewer)

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
When we arrived at Shepton last weekend we were, as usual, made welcome by old friends that we had not seen in ages as well as by new friends that are now old friends.
Our glorious leader, Jim (may his name be praised) came on over to say hello and immediatly spotted one of his flashing tyre pressure monitors working away like billio. Even though it was covered in dust, dirt and god knows what else, there it was, flashing out it,s warning like a light house on the Bass rock.
On checking, after borrowing a very good tyre inflator from a fellow funster (thanks mate) I found the tyre pressure had dropped by 10lb.
Although the tyre did not look any different to the others that were ok,
Thanks to Jims flashy bits I avoided what could have been an unfortunate stop on the motorway home.Cheers Jim:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a soft tyre is a quick route to a blowout, so a tyre pressure indicator can literally be a life saver. i remember many years ago being taught to check tyre pressures and oil levels before any journey. how many do this though? i know that me i check the cider/beer and spirits levels before going away in the van, but rarely get on my knees to check tyre pressures (or blood pressure for that matter)
must get round to ordering a few sets for my vehicles actually:thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When we arrived at Shepton last weekend we were, as usual, made welcome by old friends that we had not seen in ages as well as by new friends that are now old friends.
Our glorious leader, Jim (may his name be praised) came on over to say hello and immediatly spotted one of his flashing tyre pressure monitors working away like billio. Even though it was covered in dust, dirt and god knows what else, there it was, flashing out it,s warning like a light house on the Bass rock.
On checking, after borrowing a very good tyre inflator from a fellow funster (thanks mate) I found the tyre pressure had dropped by 10lb.
Although the tyre did not look any different to the others that were ok,
Thanks to Jims flashy bits I avoided what could have been an unfortunate stop on the motorway home.Cheers Jim:thumb:

Mate! I've had these things since Easter, Mate ! They ain't flashed Once!
I put 'em on in the morning:Sad: they don't flash:Doh:
Take 'em off at night, put 'em on me bedside locker:Sad: Keep waking up at night, they don't flash!:whatthe:
Put 'em on in the morning,:Sad: No flash,
take 'em off when I go to the Supermarket, keep taking 'em out of me pocket, NO FLASH:Sad:
Put 'em on again when I get Home! NO FLASH!
Keep running around the M/H , Mate I'm exhausted, Knackered even!:Blush:

So why are yours flashing?:Doh: an' not mine???:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
JIM....JIM......Rangi's off his medication again and talking about flashing the other members of the forum:ROFLMAO:

put it away you dirty old bludger:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
As we were inspecting the aforesiad tyre, we had the benifit of professional advice from Sheriff AKA John, Champers other half.
With all his vast experiance he came up and without a pause.

Kicked the tyre and pronounced it soft
Thanks John,
what would I have done without you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Mate! I've had these things since Easter, Mate ! They ain't flashed Once!
I put 'em on in the morning:Sad: they don't flash:Doh:
Take 'em off at night, put 'em on me bedside locker:Sad: Keep waking up at night, they don't flash!:whatthe:
Put 'em on in the morning,:Sad: No flash,
take 'em off when I go to the Supermarket, keep taking 'em out of me pocket, NO FLASH:Sad:
Put 'em on again when I get Home! NO FLASH!
Keep running around the M/H , Mate I'm exhausted, Knackered even!:Blush:

So why are yours flashing?:Doh: an' not mine???:Eeek:

Mrs R (Bless her ) Confirms that he has not been taking the meds as often as he should so I suppose we should excuse his outburst.:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Do they work if they are sat on your kitchen table?:Blush:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Jims flashy bits

We too are the fortunate owners of a set of Jims flashy bits. Checked before journey and ok but 2 of them flashing by the time we got to Shepton. Jim spotted it before us. A well trained eye for spotting a flasher! We were also helped out by a fellow funster. Thanks to both Jim and Jolly Roger for saving us from a potential hazard:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Great bit of kit, flashed all the time on my old Espace but stopped since I treated 'em to a new set of tyres, can I have me money back. :thumb:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Jim's flashing tyre things

I bought a set from Jim at Peterborough show. The best bit of kit ever! After 10,000 miles of motoring I have had several flashes! On one occasion found a nail embedded between the tread. They are sensitive and will indicate any slight loss of pressure. The only big error I've made is not listening to Jim's wise words "don't lose the key!"
On a trip from Portugal to Italy I changed key rings and left the key at home. By France's had a flashing rear! Called at several tyre places who could not get the thing off. Fortunately my friend in italy managed too and we found it was only a slight loss of pressure. I think driving in hot countries with consequent radical temperature changes may have an effect.

Any way I'm back in Portugal and am reunited with the key. Thanks Jim!

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
How long do they last and can new batterys be fitted?

Mel

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
One of ours was flashing in Spain last year, the damage was on the inner wall of the tyre, so if you cant see anything in the tyre get it checked out anyway. ::bigsmile:

Great bit of kit, but annoying when they work. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back