Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I'm new. I don't have a camper but been looking for one but with no luck and I'm now fed up with gumtree etc two many conmen on there.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to motorhome fun.

Best thing you can do is join this site £10 per year.
There is so much information from so many thats its a must if you are looking for a motorhome.

There are some nice motorhomes for sale.
You might be beter of at a dealer OK you pay a bit more but can go back with it .

Not all dealers are bad.

Hope you find what you waht .

Dont give up and try to buy the layout you want from the start.

Once again Welcome

Mel

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

The motorhome show at Lincoln is next weekend why not come along xxxxxx

It does get extremely frustrating seeing all the cons out there, but there are some genuine sellers and decent vehicles to be had.

Keep looking and good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Hi & welcome, have a look at Broken Link Removed You can search for motorhomes only & by area & price. There's also fleabay, but beware of scammers on there as well!
Good luck :Smile:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hello and welcome Hudders1 to the site, look forward to your posts and enjoy being a member, also join up for £10 and become a fully subscribed member and it will be the best £10 you will ever spend, as there is a wealth of information on here probably the best in the UK, WHy not come along and visit the Lincoln show next weekend, loads of motorhomes and stuff for sale there to, and you can come and meet some of the crown on here at our site on Lincoln, you will be made very welcome,:thumb: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the welcome. I'm very frustrated at the moment as I have had no luck yet in finding a campervan but will keep looking

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
As you are only in Huddersfield have a drive down to Richard Baldwin Motorhomes in Copley Halifax link here http://www.rbm.co.uk and have a look at their stock no pressure salesmen all stock browsable ..... As others have said welcome to MHF (the best on the web) and Lincoln show next weekend (only an hour and a half from Huddersfield) I think Jim will be there with the MHF stand..call in have a chat THERE ARE SURE TO BE SOME FUNSTERS AT THE SHOW AND BECOME A FULLY PAID UP MEMBER ON HERE IT ALL MAKES SENSE..

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and Welcome to Motorhome Fun , don't get frustrated, take a deep breath list what you want from a camper, work out your budget, and start asking questions on Fun, no telling were it may lead, good luck.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
If you're going to Richard Baldwin, call in on WildAx in Eastgate, Elland on the way - Duncan Wildman converts Citroen Relay/Renault Master/Fiat Ducato panel vans, new (or low mileage ones up to 4 years old), and also sells Motorhomes which have come in part exchange against his conversions (nice looking IH on his web site at present). WildAx will be at the Lincoln Show next weekend...

There is also a smaller van converter in Hudds, Wellhouse, however their vans may be too small - you didn't say what you wanted or how much you want to spend.

You should buy our great leader Jim's book - see http://www.motorhome-buyers-guide.com/

Best of luck

Catherine (ex-Huddersfield)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi thanks for the advice. I'm after 4 Berth as we have two young boys. I don't want to go to mad regarding what I want to spend as its our first camper. Just need to keep looking

Thanks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi thanks for the advice. I'm after 4 Berth as we have two young boys. I don't want to go to mad regarding what I want to spend as its our first camper. Just need to keep looking

Thanks

Hi and welcome Hudders1 --never pay anything on the promise they will deliver :thumb:Only part with your money after checking it ALL out :thumb: Layout is the single most important thing when buying,you need to make sure it suits your needs.Dinettes can be very uncomfortable to sit at/in after you have eaten -for us it's feet up lounging :Smile:
Without being too nosey if you tell us your budget we may well be able to find you a van that won't break the bank and still be worth most of what you paid in a fe yrs time :thumb:Obviosly you would have to check it out but we can advise on what keeps its value well
this is one but I am pretty sure they bought it a couple of weeks ago for around 7k :winky:.
terry
edit heres another .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi my limit is 6k low I know sorry but I just don't want any finance at the moment.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hi and welcome, good luck with your search, I am searching for the next size up from the one I have, not having any luck there, it is very frustrating I know, I do know the model I want, they are just not available at the moment, sell as soon as the dealers get one in, and before I can get to view.

From previous threads as I understand it the best time to buy is about Christmas, when the prices drop, and if lucky you may pick up a good deal, I am going to Lincoln to see what and if anything is there for me. Do a thorough search at the models and layouts that suit you and go from there, your children will think its a great adventure. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi my limit is 6k low I know sorry but I just don't want any finance at the moment.

No probs I will keep an eye open and if I spot anything that sounds/looks good value I will post a link :Smile:
Terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi and welcome, good luck with your search, I am searching for the next size up from the one I have, not having any luck there, it is very frustrating I know, I do know the model I want, they are just not available at the moment, sell as soon as the dealers get one in, and before I can get to view.

From previous threads as I understand it the best time to buy is about Christmas, when the prices drop, and if lucky you may pick up a good deal, I am going to Lincoln to see what and if anything is there for me. Do a thorough search at the models and layouts that suit you and go from there, your children will think its a great adventure. :thumb:

Maybe post up what your looking for.. It can be surprising what others can find on web searches that you never seem to..... There are a few vans liste don my facebook site, I can look there for you..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Listed on my facebook site..
FORD TRANSIT 2.5DI COMPASS DRIFTER 1990 IMMACULATE FOR YEAR EVERYTHING WORKS,HOT COLD RUNNING WATER SHOWER FLUSH TOILET SOUGHT AFTER U SHAPED REAR LOUNGE,WARDROBE LOTS OF CUPBOARD SPACE,FEW DINGS N PINGS AGE RELATED VERY VERY CLEAN FOR YEAR,ALL WATER TANKS ON BOARD LOOKS NEARLY NEW INSIDE £6250 ONO.... 07743005596
Location I think is Skegness.. Not That far from Lincoln...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/610527115641833/

Attachments

• 1116152_385769514878216_1599151816_o.jpg
    1116152_385769514878216_1599151816_o.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks allot everyone I'm so glad I have joined this forum will make getting and owning camper more fun

Mark

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks mate I will have a look at it

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
I like it only thing which sounds daft its along way from us to go and have a look but I could take a risk and buy it and go down collect it.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
re tonga`s reply to this thread,....

I am looking for a VW Autosleeper Clubman / Gatcombe 2.5tdi 102 engine, the one with the 4 ring cooker. preferably with the over cab bed, and the 3rd belted rear seat, but not essential.

Much appreciated if any one knows where I can find one. I do know where there are 2 tatty ones, ( at a dealers ) they are still for sale and it was months ago that I looked at them, so something not quite right there.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I like it only thing which sounds daft its along way from us to go and have a look but I could take a risk and buy it and go down collect it.

If your thinking of buying it you should look first or at least make sure it is described right that way if not as described you can walk--- if using buy it now you pay the asking price but if you go view you can chip away at the price a bit (near 6k is a lot better than 7k :winky:) don't worry lots of vans out there::bigsmile:
How handy are you ? There's a 2005 half decent self build for 4.5k that will do the basic job :thumb: but with a bit of modifying you could run it for a couple of yrs and sell at a profit
Terry

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi the wife likes it so might make an offer and risk it I'm preperad to go down and if its not as advertised I will walk away. I very handy as I'm a fabricator welder. Just nerves about how far away it is but should be ok

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Gutted I was just about to put an offer in the camper and its gone

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
OH, know that feeling well what a shame obvious not meant to be, something better just round the corner.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Ah Well! Welcome anyway.
If it wasnt right something better will come along::bigsmile:

Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile: