Motorhome Fun Canoe & Kayaking Club (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ok, so following my vast experience of canoeing and kayaking since......hard to remember really, started way back in early June 2013 - I thought I would see how many other paddlers were on here. You never know this could rival the C&CC boating section.

I have already noticed that some of the Fun meets are very near suitable paddling rivers and canals so who knows, a mass paddle may be in order. Or even a trip to each others play grounds for a paddle.

To start the ball rolling we are Sandra and Colin and currently have an inflatable canoe and a Canadian Canoe ( which is being drive down the M1 on the roof of my friends car as I type this). We are also hoping to get a couple of sea kayaks ready for next year. We did a 2 day flat water skills course last year and really enjoyed it, hoping to do a beginners white water course soon.

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello, we are Alan Jayne and Sebastian and for the last two years we have taken our campervan to Lake Lacanau in France but this year we bought a Seaeagle Fast Track inflatable Kayak. We joined a local kayak club and have participated in organised weekends away.

The Seaeagle is great I wanted a inflatable for storage and portability and was really surprised at how good it was considering we had only ever used the plastic kayaks plus its a two seater we are always looking for new places to go and explore cheers Alan.::bigsmile:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hello Sandra and Colin we are the Kelly family and have an inflatable kayak.Pre marriage and kids I used to be a member of the Rutland canoe club and paddled both kayaks and canoes.If your after some white water experience Holmpierpoint in Nottingham is a great place to learn safely,
Mrs Vlad is not too keen however,my 2 girls like it,their only 6 and 9 so i do most of the paddling !
Not long back from Scotland where we had lots of fun in the sea!

Vlad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Why not pay us a visit either on line or showroom, well stocked with Sevylor inflatables and paddles etc all with Funsters discount:thumb:

Peter

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I can highly recommend canoeing down the Dordogne past all the Chateaus and Medieval Villages, its not exactly white water more a leisurely meander but great fun. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Motorhome Fun Canoe & Kayaking Club

Pretty damned exclusive.

When you get to two members pop the Champagne.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger

Pretty damned exclusive.

As long as they don't come up my neck of the woods the times they have wasted my fishing when crossing my lines ,when you consider that I pay for a permit do they,,,,,,

Bill

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Sandra and Colin we are the Kelly family and have an inflatable kayak.Pre marriage and kids I used to be a member of the Rutland canoe club and paddled both kayaks and canoes.If your after some white water experience Holmpierpoint in Nottingham is a great place to learn safely,
Mrs Vlad is not too keen however,my 2 girls like it,their only 6 and 9 so i do most of the paddling !
Not long back from Scotland where we had lots of fun in the sea!

Vlad.

Hello the Kelly family. I never noticed that you are Rutlanders, only down the road to us. Do you paddle on Rutland water or is it not allowed?

Your photo looks great, I wish we had had a canoe when we went to Scotland last year. We are taking the inflatable to France and hope to do a bit of paddling along the coast. Someone told me the granite coast, Brittany is good for hugging the coastline.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
hi i am a paddler but don't do much now apart from with the cadets level for kayak coach is the level i got to now but still go with fends when i can have a dagger free-fall kayak been paddling from the age of 10 if that any good was adventurous training officer with the army cadets for a while now run my own kyaking for my cadet unit

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
As long as they don't come up my neck of the woods the times they have wasted my fishing when crossing my lines ,when you consider that I pay for a permit do they,,,,,,

Bill
yes but do they have right of navigation do they live fishing line laying around every where the only thing a canoeist levies i a wake behind him and yes we do pay for our sport and have as much right to use the river as you do and i usual find my shelf collecting discarded fishing line and litter left by fisher men this is a kyaking post not a debate on the right to use the river most rivers hav a right of navigation but not a right to fish fishing i a privilege given to you by the land owner so let not get our head up our bums they want to have fun OK so don't go peeing on there bonfire:thumb::thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can highly recommend canoeing down the Dordogne past all the Chateaus and Medieval Villages, its not exactly white water more a leisurely meander but great fun. :thumb:

Oooo, must agree - really lovely that bit of river! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Bill

If a river is navagatable then it is going to be used by boats, canoes and Kayaks. Even fisherman use them when it suits them. ::bigsmile:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
yes but do they have right of navigation do they live fishing line laying around every where the only thing a canoeist levies i a wake behind him and yes we do pay for our sport and have as much right to use the river as you do and i usual find my shelf collecting discarded fishing line and litter left by fisher men this is a kyaking post not a debate on the right to use the river most rivers hav a right of navigation but not a right to fish fishing i a privilege given to you by the land owner so let not get our head up our bums they want to have fun OK so don't go peeing on there bonfire:thumb::thumb:
There's always one that that gets on his high horse and by the way there is no right of navigation on Scottish Rivers. My point is regardless of your view as Fishermen we contribute financially to the rivers and don't tar everyone with the we have left lines and hooks in the river.And the fact is that with the money raised from fishing and tourism keeps our rivers clear also the amount of work we put into the system i have every right to express my point of view

Bill

att

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Brand Spanking Newbie
I live on the confluence of two rivers, it would be silly not to have a Canadian canoe and a boat.
Had a sea kayak too, but the river thing is so much more relaxing:thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Pretty damned exclusive.

Not meant to be exclusive Brian, just in the same vain as the running thread isn't, just as the Rugby chat isn't meant to be exclusive. It's for those that have a particular interest in that pastime, narrowing it down a bit for those that are interested.

Anyway, if there is a bottle of champagne going I'll take it. Took delivery of our new (2nd hand) canoe tonight, plus some petty class looking wooden paddles with hardwood edges, which we weren't expecting. ::bigsmile:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Not meant to be exclusive Brian, just in the same vain as the running thread isn't, just as the Rugby chat isn't meant to be exclusive. It's for those that have a particular interest in that pastime, narrowing it down a bit for those that are interested.

Anyway, if there is a bottle of champagne going I'll take it. Took delivery of our new (2nd hand) canoe tonight, plus some petty class looking wooden paddles with hardwood edges, which we weren't expecting. ::bigsmile:
My case rests

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
can i be one of the first members and i do recommend the spay find horn the Tay the and all the rivers in Scotland as you can get sum of the best canoeing in the UK there but manly in the spring when the snow melts ::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you want some 'excitement' do "Les Gorges de l'Ardèche" from Vallon Pont d'Arc to Saint Martin d'Ardèche, we did it in some hired 'rigid' plastic canoes and I'm glad we did as there are a lot of rapids and rocks! It took about 8.5 hours (yes really!) and was around 30km in length.

One thing for those to think about when buying inflatable canoes is how easy they are to dry and store - some with internal bladders inside an outer nylon type fabric can be an absolute pain to dry as we found when we bought some, so we now have Gumotex kayaks/canoes which are extremely tough and easy to dry. The first we had was a large 2 seater which we took our 3 dogs out in, with various other single ones, and we now have a couple of Gumotex Helios 1 kayaks as per the second picture and our 2 smaller dogs love going out ... one likes to sit on the bow and the other in the main centre section. ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Gumotex Palava resized.JPG
    Gumotex Palava resized.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Gumotex Helios 1.jpg
    Gumotex Helios 1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I live on the confluence of two rivers, it would be silly not to have a Canadian canoe and a boat.
Had a sea kayak too, but the river thing is so much more relaxing:thumb:

I agree, easy river paddling is life in the slow lane, make for a very relaxing day. Which rivers are ou by? We have only been on the Old River Nene and the actual River Nene so far.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hey Mel. Love the pic of you and the dogs on the water. My dog spends all her time hanging over the front, sorry bow. She occasionally jumps in after a stick or something else floating by. At first I though she had fallen in but she has done it too many times now! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
can i be one of the first members and i do recommend the spay find horn the Tay the and all the rivers in Scotland as you can get sum of the best canoeing in the UK there but manly in the spring when the snow melts ::bigsmile:
Where is the spay never herd of it if you are referring to the Spey you have no chance of going up there in any boat

Bill

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
OK so do we have two members of this exclusive club yet::bigsmile:

We sure do Bill, as long as you don't need a postcode for the first meet :winky:

Think we might be more than two though. And Bill from Scotland can keep us all informed of the correct name for the Scottish rivers and where he rested his case! :ROFLMAO:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Where is the spay never herd of it if you are referring to the Spey you have no chance of going up there in any boat

Bill
www.canoescotland.org/AccessEnvironment/RiverSpeyGuide/SpeyAccessPoints.aspx
pleas do read been there many a time
as a member of the SCA and BCU and completed my river proficiency on that river
have kyaked that river wear access is agreed for many years and have a signed canoe log book done my instructor there with the army at the JSMTC kingusse also completed my MLTB winter and summer and single pitch top rope and abseiling same place
the SCA Scottish canoe union have agreed asses to many of the major rivers in Scotland and
and have been using them for many year to the dismay of many a fisherman who think that the water is just for them and the privileged few snobbery still exist this was started as a thread for like minded paddlers not as a debate in to where we can and cant go we do respect all revere user and try to say out of that way but we do find fisher men think they have a good given right to the water and i have had kids with treble hooks cast in to them just because the kid wandered of the route a bit and been injurer by sum stuck up git who think he has a good given right to injure someone it takes no time to real in till we pas
but pleas do read the link i have posted

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Great post Bill. It's unfortunate that so many threads turn into a debate on here. I don't understand the intolerance of some folks. There are a few hobbies and pastimes that I don't approve of but understand that others like them so live and let live and don't need to voice my opinion on everything.

Anyway, I am sure we will have a good chin-wag at the next meet about canoes etc. at the Xams Market meet in Chester. Say hello to Lyn for me and give Jay a hug.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We sure do Bill, as long as you don't need a postcode for the first meet :winky:

Think we might be more than two though. And Bill from Scotland can keep us all informed of the correct name for the Scottish rivers and where he rested his case! :ROFLMAO:
speling police :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
it may be a good idea to join BCU wont cost a lot and can be of grate help with river asses and waterway licence for your boat if you use sum of the canals and reverse in England and Wales and also give advice on all arias of Europe :thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Great post Bill. It's unfortunate that so many threads turn into a debate on here. I don't understand the intolerance of some folks. There are a few hobbies and pastimes that I don't approve of but understand that others like them so live and let live and don't need to voice my opinion on everything.

Anyway, I am sure we will have a good chin-wag at the next meet about canoes etc. at the Xams Market meet in Chester. Say hello to Lyn for me and give Jay a hug.
Link Removed
will do were back in court this week for the residency order but it seem it in our favour
look forward to meting up if i survive Iraq :Eeek:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Iraq?? What the hell? Why are you going there? It's not a good place to go motorhoming :Eeek::whatthe::Eeek: Too much dust. :ROFLMAO:
work mate i go where i am told i can look after my shelf it's just a job i have to do out there a well problem thay wan ma to help on :Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we bought one of the kayaks from Lidl and used it on Lake Bled in the summer and also on one fo the rivers what great fun, although Lorraine isnt to keen on it Sophie and me love it. Also did white water rafting with a comapny over there and what a great day out it was 38 degrees and the water was only 6 and crystal clear.

Also know a few rivers in scotland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back