Harleys for cash.com (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Hi all, does anyone know anything about Harleysforcash.com They are buying my bike this Saturday. If anyone knows about them I would be grateful. Can't find any problems online but I may have missed something. They are bringing £8,000 in cash how can I tell it is good?

Thanks

John

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The company looks ok, to check the notes, you may find the following link usefull. Or, ask him to go with you to the bank while you deposit the cash

Link Removed

Allan

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Don't want to worry you unnesecerraly,but be cautious.Its not unheard of for people to be turned over after receiving large amounts of cash!
However this tends to be with dodgy individuals not company's,why not ask for a bank transfer and release the bike when the money is in your account .I tried negotiate a better deal on my last car by offering cash ,only to be told by the garage it was against the law for them to accept payment this way.Something to do with money laundering I think,just because they can't accept it doesn't mean they can't pay it out I suppose.
Good luck and if your unsure you could always borrow Mrs Vlad as backup,she would make any mugger think twice!:ROFLMAO:

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if theyre anything like we buy any car, they will try damn hard to renege on the deal when they get to you. first they will try knocking money off for scratches so small you cants see them then its a possible mechanical fault. and so it goes on trying to knock money off for all sorts. will probably offer you under £5k take it or leave it on the spot.

conmen if you ask me, who suck you in with a high cash offer but only really pay you trade in price or less. dont fall for their psychological tricks, its your bike and you know what its really worth

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
These people basically buy your vehicle and then put it an auction, so how are you going to get proper value for it when they need to make a profit after paying advertising, staff expenses, auction costs and the rest of the overheads.

Your far better off selling it yourself unless you are desparate for the cash or just want to see rid off.

Peter

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
When I sold a car lately I told the buyer he had to bring the cash in time for us both to go to the bank with it. I got him to hand it over and I noticed that the cashier disappeared with it presumably to check that all the notes were kosher. All was ok as it happens but I wasn't going to take a chance on receiving a load of dodgy cash.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
The dealer I bought a vehicle off told me that under money laundering regulations he was not allowed to take more than 8k in cash, I sold a sprinter van 18 months and the guy arrived on a train from cornwall with £11,000:thumb: cash in a bag, he was genuine though !!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The dealer we bought our MH from was telling us they are limited to accepting £15k cash because of money laundering regs.
Many companies can use more than this, but they have to be registered with HMRC as a High Value Dealer.
Allan

Last edited:

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
What Harley are you selling? How does the offer compare to those on e bay?
Vic

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Sold my motorhome last year for £24k cash, guy fetched it round in an Asda carrier bag, I wasn't too concerned because he lived quite local but I must admit I didn't sleep too easy that night until I got it into the local bank branch, they did take it into a back room for a few minutes where I assume they were scanning the notes, all well in the end (except for the large amount of dosh I lost on buying a new vehicle in the first case, never again):Doh:

OP
OP
gasman2008
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
What Harley are you selling? How does the offer compare to those on e bay?
Vic

It's a Heritage 07 about £10500 on ebay but that's off a dealer's forecourt, also I damaged the paint on the tank when I put it on my trailer and cranked the handlebars down onto it. So I'm happy with £8000 and no hassle. If they try to bid me down they will have had a wasted journey.

I will post again after they have called in the morning.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
His website reads ok IF what it says on there is genuine you should have no problems

OP
OP
gasman2008
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
A big thak you to everyone who replied, just to let you know the deal went off OK. The guy arrived and had a vey good look at the bike, then phoned "his boss" and tried to lower the offer. I said "no thanks" and started to put the bike away, he relented and paid the full price. ::bigsmile: I took him to the bank and paid the cash in. Bike is on it's way to Leeds. I had it 6 years and I will miss having it, but latley I did not get to ride it enough. The last 2 MOTs have under 60 miles, so it was time to say goodbye:Sad:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
As others have said.......go to your bank and pay it in with the buyer.
I have done this and it works. Far too much money to take a risk on.

If the buyer says no then be worried.

So many cons around.

barry

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
A big thak you to everyone who replied, just to let you know the deal went off OK. The guy arrived and had a vey good look at the bike, then phoned "his boss" and tried to lower the offer. I said "no thanks" and started to put the bike away, he relented and paid the full price. ::bigsmile: I took him to the bank and paid the cash in. Bike is on it's way to Leeds. I had it 6 years and I will miss having it, but latley I did not get to ride it enough. The last 2 MOTs have under 60 miles, so it was time to say goodbye:Sad:
It's never time to say goodbye i have had a couple of Harley's,but I saw sense and moved from the dark side and now the proud owner of a Yamaha fjr 1300 and guess what when you twist the grip it shifts,unlike the Harley that took 2 days to reach the uk speed limit

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back