LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've seen onesies being worn about several campsites by loads of people - all ages, boys & girls, men & women. Should I get one? Can't really see the advantages. What am I missing?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
onsies may be great for warmth and comfort - so I am told - never had one

but as for a romantic interlude, sod trying to get that off

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It wasn't just the chavs that I've seen wearing them .... they seemed almost intelligent, articulate and well educated people.

Romper suits for adults ... can't see how to keep warm when going for a no. 2 - seems like I'd have to get undressed to do the deed. As I would should I get lucky at night. What is wrong with decent pjs?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It wasn't just the chavs that I've seen wearing them .... they seemed almost intelligent, articulate and well educated people.

Romper suits for adults ... can't see how to keep warm when going for a no. 2 - seems like I'd have to get undressed to do the deed. As I would should I get lucky at night. What is wrong with decent pjs?

simple. :roflmto:

cowboyoutfitters_2270_154347883.jpg

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I remember people wearing these in old cowboy films
They were called Long Johns then and generally had a button out flap at the back as per the image above
They only seemed to come in a grubby cream colour though
Allan

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think they look bloody stupid on a teenager and even more stupid on a woman who should know better than to walk around a campsite in one:Doh: but then I know nothing about fashion at all

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I'm amazed, saw these things appearing as what I though was a joke even as a lounger attire, but recently have seen young women walking round the supermarket wearing them, I suppose there better than some I've seen walking the aisles in dressing gowns and rollers:cry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as you get older and need to pee more often messing around with a onesie would take so long its hardly worth leaving the bathroom

as for getting amorous whilst wearing a one piece fleecy romper suit....well lets just say the moment would soon pass long before the suit is off:ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well my family must be chavs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My daughter Sophie bought me one for Xmas and although i have never been outside with it on i have to say i love wearing it around the house, might wear them at the next meet as Sophie has a Panda one :ROFLMAO:

As for gettting amorous with them on im sure i could get them off quicker that a pair of tight jeans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet all you folk that think they look silly used to wear teddy boy suits and stuff like that and think you looked cool as i mentioned in another post it would be boring if everyone was the same.

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
my daughter and i have onesies for the motorhome.we wear them once its cooler in the evening.ours are the dressing gown material type and couldnt be worn in bed at night...they would be far to warm.hers is a tiger and mine is a giraffe,they are fun,warm and draft free.
OH says we do look a site and that he would rather**** a badger than have one!we dont care as we are warm.:RollEyes:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I know of a teacher who was arrested wearing one, although I think some of his literature choices and viewing material may have played a part!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well my family must be chavs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My daughter Sophie bought me one for Xmas and although [HI]i have never been outside with it on[/HI] i have to say i love wearing it around the house, might wear them at the next meet as Sophie has a Panda one :ROFLMAO:

[HI]As for gettting amorous[/HI] with them on im sure i could get them off quicker that a pair of tight jeans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet all you folk that think they look silly used to wear teddy boy suits and stuff like that and think you looked cool as i mentioned in another post it would be boring if everyone was the same.

I gave you a "like" Gerry and I often do because your posts are very good but a little tooooo much info here.....by the way I was still playing cowboys and Indians when the Teddy-Boy crowd were about.

My considerably older sister-in-law still does a very good Jive though, not in a onsie thank-goodness.

Griff :thumb:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I was waiting at Manchester Airport yesterday (as I do most days as I'm a taxi driver) when a young guy about 21/22 yrs old came through wearing a onesie in a stars & stripes pattern. To say he looked stupid would be an understatement but I suppose the look is no worse than jeans so low that they show half your underpants and walking like John Wayne to keep them from falling. Fashion eh !!!! what do I know I'm too old.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think they look bloody stupid on a teenager and even more stupid on a woman who should know better than to walk around a campsite in one:Doh: but then I know nothing about fashion at all

\Oi!!! Thought you were my friend.:RollEyes: I was caught running to Gromett's van in the early hours at the Stratford Rally and put on the rally thread pictures. They are warm, cosy .......... and safer than a chastity belt.:thumb:

I don't mean that I needed a chastity belt!!!!! I was talking GENERALLY.

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I have a fleecy giraffe onsie & Alan has a fleecy elephant one - wouldn't be seen dead in it outside the house :ROFLMAO: they are flippin' warm though.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I remember people wearing these in old cowboy films
They were called Long Johns then and generally had a button out flap at the back as per the image above
They only seemed to come in a grubby cream colour though
Allan

research suggests the original western/cowboy ones were always bright red 100% cotton.

film makers got it wrong most of the time. :Doh:.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well - speaking as a female at the height of fashion c. 1965 - 1989, my friends and I all wore onesies. I had several, usually worn for clubbing etc with 4in heels sandals.

We called them jumpsuits - though admittedly not as easy as my old mini skirts :ROFLMAO: worn with stockings (they hadn't invented the sheer fashion-tight when I wore em first, only the lisle or fishnet ones that dancers wore) (and fishnets then were murder to walk on)

Seriously, our motorcycle wetsuits are Belstaff one-piece ones* and though I can get into mine solo, I cannot get out of it without assistance, since the armour in me leathers stops being able to shrug it off one shoulder to get it started - which can be very tricky at times! :cry:

* well mine are, Pete's became 2 piece in A&E one day!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun