Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Hi all,

We arrive in Santander at 5.30pm in October. We need a site that night as we are going up into the Rioja the next morning and its too late to get there that night. Some sites are open but get slated on UK Campsites and trip advisor, any thoughts??

Phil

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
There don't seem to be too many. Does it really matter for one night having to stay in a less than perfect campsite? It wouldn't to me, as I would be en route to such a great spot as Rioja.

Some stunning bodegas architecture to visit there - see Zaha Hadid's in Haro, Frank Gehry's Marques de Crystal hotel, and Calatrava's out in the wilds somewhere. If you want more info I'll look it up for you!

Catherine

OP
OP
philk

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Cheers alan, karen wouldnt do that in northern spain, we need a site

OP
OP
philk

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
There don't seem to be too many. Does it really matter for one night having to stay in a less than perfect campsite? It wouldn't to me, as I would be en route to such a great spot as Rioja.

Some stunning bodegas architecture to visit there - see Zaha Hadid's in Haro, Frank Gehry's Marques de Crystal hotel, and Calatrava's out in the wilds somewhere. If you want more info I'll look it up for you!

Catherine

Catherine, the emphasis has changed slightly, some sites that we thought open are not. We are now looking for open and as you say its one night.
Phil

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the aires up there are always busy .it should be ok .
did you have a good look at that link?
there is away of getting it in english but i cant do it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i thought it was me .
there are a few aires close though .
i cant help with campsites . dont use them . we wild in torrelavaga by the station or at tagle beach near suances . some park near the football field in santander . but these days they exit you from the port almost at the airport. could try the car park in the big shopping center opposite the airport . mind you have to go round and sneak in an exit becvause of height barriers . but might be ok .

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi all,

We arrive in Santander at 5.30pm in October. We need a site that night as we are going up into the Rioja the next morning and its too late to get there that night. Some sites are open but get slated on UK Campsites and trip advisor, any thoughts??

Phil

There is an excellent site at Zarautz, an easy trip on the motorway from Santander to San Sebastian.

Link Removed

Mike

OP
OP
philk

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Satander

Mike, Alan, Catherine,

Thanks for your replies. I rang camping Haro today, they will not only let you check in up to 9pm, but the night watchman will let you into the parking until at least midnight. That suits us completely, but service like that deserves support. I have been before and its position relative to the town is superb.

Phil k

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have stayed a few times at a site in Navarette. Quite basic but fine for overnight.

monty the motorhome

Free Member
Jan 27, 2013
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
august 2012
Mike, Alan, Catherine,

Thanks for your replies. I rang camping Haro today, they will not only let you check in up to 9pm, but the night watchman will let you into the parking until at least midnight. That suits us completely, but service like that deserves support. I have been before and its position relative to the town is superb.

Phil k

Stayed at Camping Haro in April this year on way from Santander to Tarragona - great little site and well sited for the town. Reception speak english better than our spanish. Good deal if you use the ASCI card. Good little bar on site, and toilets etc very cean. If we hadnt have been rushing to get to the coast there are a few bodegas near the entrance that looked enticing.
We stopped further along the E-804 autoroute for supplies at Logrono.
Hopefully you are on the Pont Aven ferry run by Brittany ferries - excellent service. Keep an eye out for dolphins and whales.
Have a good trip.

Regards,

Paul & Monty Motorhome

Monty's Spanish trip

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Santander

When going for the ferry we always stay on a Aires just outside Santander at a place called Cabarceno.
N43Deg 21.486'
W003Deg 49.186'
Nice secluded site by a lake and Elephant enclosure near by.

Malc

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Santander

We are on the ferry to Santander from Portsmouth on the 29th Oct.
Are you on the same ferry.

Malc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back