Women drivers (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Wife's just hit the motor home with our car,only scraped the paint off both bumbers but that's not the point,she hits and I pay sound familiar.i am I complaining about her driving or the cost of her driving.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Wife's just hit the motor home with our car,only scraped the paint off both bumbers but that's not the point,she hits and I pay sound familiar.i am I complaining about her driving or the cost of her driving.

Hand on heart... have you never had a little knock/scratch/dent.. when you have been driving... :winky::ROFLMAO:

You can own up... :RollEyes:

I wont tell your misses... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
with the amount of female drivers of motorhomes on here, not very clever especially as anyone could have a little shunt, and seeing its on record according to insurance stats that men have more expensive shunts than female drivers

maggie

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my wife has had more small mishaps than me in our vehicles, but mine have been more spectacular :roflmto:

been put in hospital by a drunk driver. had the side of a previous van ripped open by a female driver that changed lanes without looking. and i trashed the bumper on my 4x4 hitting a very low concrete bollard in a carpark

i cant even start to count all the bumps, dings, scratches etc the wife has put on her cars, my cars and the motorhomes. it seems every time i look theres something new:Doh:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Wrote my car off this morning it had no chance against a stone wall:Sad:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
My best was I was in the garage cleaning the wire wheels on a vintage car we used to own, rolling it backwards and forward to get a better position, only to roll it to far back and let it doll out into Lynn's new Nissan Micra new wing needed oop's. Pete :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
My wife is a very good driver.

She had a new Mercedes two days old I reversed it and hit my own car.opp5

She said I was a silly thing

Well I am deaf but I think thats what she said.:ROFLMAO:

Mel

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Lyn, my wife will drive anything. she shared the driving with me when we drove to the South of France and back a couple of months ago. 32' RV towing a 27' trailer.:Eeek:

Owning a campsite I've seen some bad women drivers, and some atrocious men drivers:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Some women are far better drivers than some mem.

Some men are far better drivers than some women.

Some men and some women are as good as each other at driving.

Fact.

Not just an opinion formed based on one or two personal experiences.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Some women are far better drivers than some mem.

Some men are far better drivers than some women.

Some men and some women are as good as each other at driving.

Fact.

Not just an opinion formed based on one or two personal experiences.

JJ :Cool:

I wonder which sentence is supposed to match with my way of driving....:RollEyes:

Better not know or I might get even iller

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Women can't drive? Hah!

She regularly helps our mates "park" and "reverse" to save them any embarrassment :winky:

Never understood why some think that having testicles makes you a better driver :Doh: Being a good driver is more important I think

Eddie ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Lyn driving.jpg
    Lyn driving.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 544816_10151849171004136_176278467_n.jpg
    544816_10151849171004136_176278467_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 34

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
My other half did that as well a couple of years back (hit our motorhome, not yours :ROFLMAO:). I think this could be a trend starting - watch out everyone :Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Could be that she knows you may criticise her driving so makes her nervous , don't go on at her about it, tell her it can happen to anyone, she will feel bad enough without it been pointed out to her.....:Eeek: oh sorry was it sympathy you were after :Doh:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I did cause an accident in 1969 when I ran into the back of a car in my Ford Anglia. I do 99% of the driving in the motorhome and the car. She has had two accidents, none of which were her fault. I stress, they were not her fault. I have no idea where the two little scratches on the back skirt came from, and I am certainly not going to ask.

She does help me reverse but for the life of me I don't know what the hand signals mean. The word OK can mean... "that's ok, you have reversed far enough". It can also mean "that's ok, keep coming"

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I came to the conclusion Shirl cant drive......

she never says 'Ill drive if you like/if you're tired/if you want a break' and the lack of driving licence is a bit of a giveaway as well. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back