Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thinking of chucking my tent on the bike and going to the Moto GP at Aragon. Been checking the website and it seems there's no camping at Aragon circuit.

So my question has anyone been to Aragon and if so is camping allowed if not does anyone know of camping nearby? as the closest I've found is 30 miles away.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Found It

Found it. There is camping at the circuit here's a link if anyone wants it. Its a fraction of the price of the UK as well.

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I doubt you'll have trouble getting in. From memory hardly anyone can find the place. Not needed in a country that has so many and miles from anywhere on cheap barren land.

But it does have one hell of a dry stone wall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You don't think I need to prebook then ? just take a chance and turn up.

Gonna go because Jan is working until mid November so we cant go to far and she's not into camping so it'll just be me on the GS and a tent.

Just priced up the ferries bloody hell !!!!!
Santander £580.00
Bilbao £500.00
Eurotunnel £68.00

Its still 2 days whichever way so it'll be chunnel for me rather be riding than sat on a ferry.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You don't think I need to prebook then ? just take a chance and turn up.

I can't recall a full bike race this year. We keep saying "look, there's no-one there". Acres of empty stands and, from memory that is one of the least popular. It looks a decent circuit on TV.

But I just might be wrong.

The only one that seems to sell out is the the last one, Valencia. We had a look there in Feb, it was a horrible council owned "cram as much into as little space" circuit, horrible compared to the likes of Brno, Mugello, Jerez. But they did let us in FOC to watch the Moto2 testing.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I was at Silverstone last weekend and it was pretty well packed over 100'000 apparently

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was at Silverstone last weekend and it was pretty well packed over 100'000 apparently

That is good. Trouble with Silverstone, it's damned big, 100K can look empty.

For superbikes ( cheaper :Smile: ) they lock up many of the stands which makes it look bad on TV.

They get a few more into the small Valencia track, now that really looks packed.

Of course I am certainly lumping together WSB and Moto when I talk of numbers, generally both seem to be pretty empty when seen on TV.

One I'd really like to do is Mugello. On TV it looks like there are MH parking places overlooking the track. Proper track built into hillside. A FUNster went this year, I wonder what his experience was.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back