Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
I have just renewed our Breakdown cover....3rd Year[ Used in Anger Once A1+++OK- AA UK attended/ M/H Puncture en route ]
Things seem to be getting a little more Costly !! IN TELEPHONE Call 'Holding on Times' when through to Germany:Sad:
The Direct dial tele no for Barbra Lorenz that many members will have DOES NOT put you through to her any more. It is just a 'Switch board' - WELCOME ...Service Center !
After 3 calls [My German is not too Good & Never was:Blush:] waiting/Holding/Music etc quoting my membership no; 4 Times....Eventually did get through to a Nice English speaking person. Paid by visa and all OK.......ADAC Plus [My wife & Me + any vehicle] now £75 for another year- slightly UP from last year...About £6 -- BUT THEN ADD ON BT's TAKE for some 19 minutes in Total :Angry::Angry::Angry:

NO doubt some other FUNTERS will add their experiences of Renewing ? +
By next years renewal date we may get to know if they have speeded things up & whether the Excellent - Barbara Lorenz is still around ? or her Direct Dial replacement :Eeek:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hope it was all worth the waiting to get renewed, lets hope you never have to use it, but good to know it is there for you, and thanks for your post,:thumb: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Use skype?

Try using Skype to call them as the prepaid credits bought for being able to use a landline number last for ever! I've used Skype all across the USA, in Spain and Morocco at a fraction of the cost of cellnet charges. Even better on sites with free wifi!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I am not finding fault with any of the above posts.

Have to say that, I have never used them ( and don't want to) but for what they offer, I really would pay a lot, LOT more per year, so I wouldn't worry about a few quid on a phone call.

Just my view, don't want to offend.:Smile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have just renewed our Breakdown cover....3rd Year[ Used in Anger Once A1+++OK- AA UK attended/ M/H Puncture en route ]
Things seem to be getting a little more Costly !! IN TELEPHONE Call 'Holding on Times' when through to Germany:Sad:
The Direct dial tele no for Barbra Lorenz that many members will have DOES NOT put you through to her any more. It is just a 'Switch board' - WELCOME ...Service Center !
After 3 calls [My German is not too Good & Never was:Blush:] waiting/Holding/Music etc quoting my membership no; 4 Times....Eventually did get through to a Nice English speaking person. Paid by visa and all OK.......ADAC Plus [My wife & Me + any vehicle] now £75 for another year- slightly UP from last year...About £6 -- BUT THEN ADD ON BT's TAKE for some 19 minutes in Total :Angry::Angry::Angry:

By next years renewal date we may get to know if they have speeded things up & whether the Excellent - Barbara Lorenz is still around ? or her Direct Dial replacement :Eeek:
Renewed mine last thurs, done in less than five minutes. BUSBY:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I guess it helps having a partner fluent in german having lived there for years:roflmto:

mind you Ive not been a fan of ADAC for some time. having breakdown insurance and still having to pay to be towed then lengthy battle for cash back is too stressful. AA will also treat you as second class if you break down in uk and call them in as adac's partner company. i had heard that the aa are renegotiating the deal as its costing them money now.

youve got to ask why and how they can be a third of the price of the competition. you get what you pay for really

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Nowt wrong with Adac, it's the AA that lets the side down ...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Which other break down offers Repatriation if you are taken ill abroad. They were fantastic with me when i needed an ambulance to the hospital in Benidorm last year. The price is low because they are German and the Germans demand excellent service and value for money.::bigsmile:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
When we lived in Germany I joined ADAC because we had a rather old Mondeo which was exhibiting certain worrying symptoms. We were to drive from Frankfurt to the middle of nowhere in France. I really wasn't sure the car would make it there (it did) and back (it nearly didn't) so joined ADAC for €75/year. No problem, only bonus of being a member was points or discount at Shell petrol stations (I very rarely used them as others were cheaper even including the discount).

When we moved to NL I asked ADAC to cancel. Nicht can do sir, it's in the terms, there's a year cancellation period! So I had to forfeit the €75 and it will end next August.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are just about to take out breakdown cover with ADAC, will let you know how we get on. I hope they take on older vans.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
We are just about to take out breakdown cover with ADAC, will let you know how we get on. I hope they take on older vans.

ADAC have no age limit on any vehicle you drive so excellent value for money, and they don't rip you off with the cost as do many other british breakdown companys Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
When you telephone them just ask if they speak ENGLISH, if they dont they will transfer you straight away to someone who does. They always have staff on duty who are fluent in ENGLISH and there is not an automatic switch board to go through. Excellent to deal with. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
When we lived in Germany I joined ADAC because we had a rather old Mondeo which was exhibiting certain worrying symptoms. We were to drive from Frankfurt to the middle of nowhere in France. I really wasn't sure the car would make it there (it did) and back (it nearly didn't) so joined ADAC for €75/year. No problem, only bonus of being a member was points or discount at Shell petrol stations (I very rarely used them as others were cheaper even including the discount).

When we moved to NL I asked ADAC to cancel. Nicht can do sir, it's in the terms, there's a year cancellation period! So I had to forfeit the €75 and it will end next August.

SO YOU ARE STILL COVERED FOR BREAKDOWN THEN. NO WORRIES.:roflmto:BUSBY.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The required notice for cancellation is 3 months ....

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Adac

Have been a member 6 years, never a problem with them understanding me, as said, ask do you speak english, they will put you on to one. Had to use them this year on m5. Aa, fast pleasant arrived within 40mins, on road in 20. Fuel blockage. Can only speak for me. :thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have just tried to phone Barbara Lorenz, got a german speaker who hung up on me and refused to answer when I redialed. I tried ringing the emergancy breakdown number for Europe, no longer recognised. So Who do I phone now to renew my membership. Anyone have a number that works please.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I have just tried to phone Barbara Lorenz, got a german speaker who hung up on me and refused to answer when I redialed. I tried ringing the emergancy breakdown number for Europe, no longer recognised. So Who do I phone now to renew my membership. Anyone have a number that works please.

Telephone 0049 221 47 27 47 - ask for english speaker, they will put you straight through. Have just renewed ours last week. We always pay (last four years) with a visa debit card - never been a problem. :thumb:

Used them twice in the UK via AA - First for my daughter and on second occasion myself - AA arrive within under 20 minutes.

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Just adding my two'penneth worth onto this thread.............

Just phoned ADAC, wait time 1 min, then immediately transferred to a very helpful English speaker called Manfred who said to email him with the details and he will send me a bill so I can phone him with my card details tomorrow.

Easy peasy! ::bigsmile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just had Miss Angelica Berthold on 0800 3211012 - this was from France though - but last week I rang 0049 941 55673, as usual, with the intention of talking to Barbara. One of her colleagues answered within 4 rings. When I asked if Barbara was free the colleague said B. was busy but could she help (which she did, in perfect English)...

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Renewed mine last week, phoned them on given number, got through first time, lady spoke English, renewed with card, easy peasey:Smile:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

I used 1899.com, look it up, cost me 1p a minute, you don't mind listening to the German multichoice questions at 1 p a minute, and yes, spoke to great English speaking guy, had quite a good laugh and chat, also this was my first application for membership cover, no problem at all, despite some of our poor funsters being informed that they were no longer accepting members from the UK.

:thumb: :drink::drink:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005

There was apost on here last week about ADAC and it stated that ADAC were not taking on any new business with the UK, has this now changed?

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
ADAC renewals

I tried to join and was told that they stopped taking uk members the week before and my daughter speaks fluent German rang them and they confirmed it and apologised did you join recently? I have taken out other cover now but I will ask her to query it again.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
on their website if it helps

Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses.
If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 0800 5 10 11 12 (Mon. - Sat. 8:00 - 20:00 hrs). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Could somebody please quantify what cover we would require if travelling to Morocco. Have just insured with Safeguard after current insurers MHF (Comfort) increased our premium by over £200 due to an accident we had in Lyndas car.

Safeguard covers breakdown and recovery for Europe (requested a green card for Morocco). What other cover do we need? Is it possible to get ADAC cover for x number of months in Morocco or do we need a full year. What is the cost for a larger A class vehicle through ADAC?

Thanks in advance

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Only 12 month cover with Adac.
No difference in price - it's you that's covered, not a specific vehicle.
The Concorde is well within the limits unless it's over 2m20 high. i.e. under 10m long and 7.5t.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back