At last someone waved back (1 Viewer)

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I know this has been on the forum in the past and was not going to bring it up again but I'm made up, I purchased my first van some 6 months ago and have been waving at every motorhome I see without success. :Sad: Perhaps I though because I have a panel van conversion people think its a works van. Or perhaps people are worried that in this nanny state some spy camera is going to catch them waving and an ‘official’ official will charge them with not having proper control of their vehicle.
But no this weekend just as I was thinking of giving up two vans waved back. :yeah:

Colin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
put a couple of MH FUN stickers on your windscreen then we know you aint just a panel van.....:thumb::ROFLMAO:

another hint.............quick flash of your headlights followed by a wave, works for me...

john

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This thread makes me wonder just how many motor homers do wave back.
Our experience is that other than being on a motorway greater than 90% wave back to us.
Then again it could just be manic laughter and pointing at our motorhome as most are larger than ours :ROFLMAO:
Roger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This thread makes me wonder just how many motor homers do wave back.
Our experience is that other than being on a motorway greater than 90% wave back to us.
Then again it could just be manic laughter and pointing at our motorhome as most are larger than ours :ROFLMAO:
Roger

as the 'experts' tell us blokes.........size aint everything....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Well, we love it! We wave at all MHs , though not necessarily on motorways, and most either respond or get to that stage before we do!

Go for it - keep waving!

Bb and Di

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have no shame!
I wave at everyone!
If they don't wave back thats because they didn't see you and the wife was interupting! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
we always, wave (well when i am not busy nosying at something else) when they dont wave back we call them miserable buggers, and say they can't belong to motorhomefun:ROFLMAO:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
a FUN sticker will get more waves than a copy of 'The Sun' on the dash:Doh:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Oh dear sorry to hear people dont wave back.

Part of the fun for us is that we wave and most wave back, it makes the journey more enjoyable.

Over the last few years, we have started to recognise regulars too.

Anddddddddd if you see a motorhome stopped on the motorway, another motorhome always stops to see if you are ok, or thats always been our finding.

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We generally found that when we had our Kontiki, 9 times out of 10 people would wave bacik.

Now we have an RV and hardly anyone waves back if they are on the motorway, perhaps 9 out of 10 will wave back if we are on a 'A' road and they can hardly miss us waving. The odd one will keep looking straight ahead so it looks like they didn't see us (yeh right). It makes you want to say 'Sod it' but when you do someone goes and waves at you coming the other way and then you think 'I bet they think that just because we have an RV we don't want to wave to them'. You can't win.:ROFLMAO:

I will keep waving though :winky:

Pammy

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
But no this weekend just as I was thinking of giving up two vans waved back

You didnt happen to be near newbury did you? we've just got a new burstner and my hubby was waving at every motorhome he saw :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Those people who buy the Checklist will get more waves than any others, I'm not going to tell you why, you will have to buy the checklists to find out::bigsmile:

oddspots

Free Member
Mar 29, 2008
Funster No
We always wave, quite often at horse boxes that look like MH's from a distance, oh and the odd minibus too. About 50% wave back I'd say.

OP
OP
dencol

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Hi
No not me up by newbury was coming back from Lytham but not sure exactly where I was as I have a habit of seeing a side road that 'looks interesting' and turning off for a look. This time not so much lost as a 'bit misplaced' :whistle:

Colin

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
we hardly ever get waves now - I assume cos we don't look like a campervan even - cos it's a blue van - no heki type on the roof - only the awning is a give away - but that's not that visible - so I'm afraid I've stopped waving - I do wave back tho on the rare occasion that someone waves to us.

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Those people who buy the Checklist will get more waves than any others, I'm not going to tell you why, you will have to buy the checklists to find out::bigsmile:

Ordered one today Jim. Now those white van men will have to wave back to us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We always wave but some don't respond, so we say they can't be funsters but they will learn to join in :roflmto::roflmto:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Before we bought our motorhome we used to look at motorhomes and see that the driver usually had a permanent smile on their face. Now we have a motorhome we do too ::bigsmile: we have been waving at EVERYONE , generally get a wave back too, even from some left hand drive foreign plates too :thumb:

oldenstar

Free Member
Mar 19, 2008
Brixham, Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year latterly, but also 25 years ago
Having moved recently from a Panel Van Conversion (Tribute) to a low profile coachbuilt I can confirm that a majority of van owners now give us a wave, whereas the Tribute got only a minority.
Just proves that the 'white thingy' is much more recognisable as a MH from a distance, so that 'waves' can be prepared. :RollEyes:
Paul

R

revbj

Deleted User
I always wave and try to wave back - its not always possible of course.

I wonder if using our headlights, especially on motorway, can be misleading - it can indicate to someone ahead of us to go on and pull out, or overtake etc etc..

:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back