Parc verger (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Having seen you all going on about this place , thought I might give it a go, going France on Saturday , down the east side down to Dijon then across to Bordeaux , so thinking of taking in parc verger for a day or two.
Do you have to book or can you just turn up because we are not sure when we will get there, looked at the webpage and it says about booking, but to be honest don't want to book cause we might go somewhere else altogether :winky:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Booking?

As far as I know you don't need to book, but I'm guessing it would help. Most sites I've stayed at in France this last couple of weeks have not needed booking just turn up!

I'm at Lake Caspe near Zaragosa, Spain at the moment, but tomorrow I'm heading to check out the abandoned village at Belchite, then scuttling back to France via Vielha, which someone recommended the other day. As I head north I'm planning to call at Parc Verger as like you, I've heard it mentioned a lot and it seems like a good place to go! Maybe see you there!

Simon
:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Having seen you all going on about this place , thought I might give it a go, going France on Saturday , down the east side down to Dijon then across to Bordeaux , so thinking of taking in parc verger for a day or two.
Do you have to book or can you just turn up because we are not sure when we will get there, looked at the webpage and it says about booking, but to be honest don't want to book cause we might go somewhere else altogether :winky:

May be worth dropping them a line...

Popular site in a lovely place,,,,, could be busy.. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hope we do meet some funsters as we all seem to be off to France in sept, not met any here yet:Sad:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
No, you do not need to book! There are times when it is wise, especially if you want a specific pitch at a busy period, but we have never failed to provide a space yet! Paid-up Funsters get a discount on our charges, so make sure that you give us your Fun name.

So come and welcome, we'll be delighted to see you. :thumb:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
As far as I know you don't need to book, but I'm guessing it would help. Most sites I've stayed at in France this last couple of weeks have not needed booking just turn up!

I'm at Lake Caspe near Zaragosa, Spain at the moment, but tomorrow I'm heading to check out the abandoned village at Belchite, then scuttling back to France via Vielha, which someone recommended the other day. As I head north I'm planning to call at Parc Verger as like you, I've heard it mentioned a lot and it seems like a good place to go! Maybe see you there!

Simon
:thumb:

Are you on the campsite at Lake Caspe, we were there a couple of weeks ago and the flies and mozzies around the bar were horrendous around dusk. Nice lake though.......

::bigsmile:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We are here at Parcverger now

There are a couple of funster here now. Site not to busy at the moment but it is a popular spot. I would pm Bob and Di - just let them know rough dates of proposed visit. They are very helpful and obliging and I am sure they will make room if the can.
If it helps its been around 30c today, lovely sunny and peaceful. It is a good site and I would recommend it :thumb::thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Exelent site.

Bob & Di are wonderfull.

I missed the place within one hour of leaving.

Mel

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, you do not need to book! There are times when it is wise, especially if you want a specific pitch at a busy period, but we have never failed to provide a space yet! Paid-up Funsters get a discount on our charges, so make sure that you give us your Fun name.

So come and welcome, we'll be delighted to see you. :thumb:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Ok ,thanks, we are in two vans, at the moment the plans are gravelines sat night, market sun morn , Ypres sun , mon, down to Dijon , Charolais tue, Limoges wed Thursday , does that sound about right?

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Ok ,thanks, we are in two vans, at the moment the plans are gravelines sat night, market sun morn , Ypres sun , mon, down to Dijon , Charolais tue, Limoges wed Thursday , does that sound about right?

I would make sure that you have the campsite at Ypres booked. Having just come back from there it was fully booked all nights we were there are there were many people being turned away as there was no space available.

Sonja

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Embry aire

We have used gravelines and we like it but if your over and have time Embry is about 60miles in the right direction to go south and is very nice and quiet.
We would recommend it. Quite a few funsters use it.:thumb:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi. we were there in august, great little site, bob very helpful, great cycle track just down the road, nice little restaurant in the village, give it a go !:thumb::thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years

Sounds reasonable, but don't stick to the schedule if you find somewhere you want to explore further! So take it easy, enjoy the drive, we'll see you when you get here.::bigsmile:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back