Sep 3, 2013
spain
Funster No
MH
peugeot windfall
Exp
newbie, starting in Octobet
Hi
We are very new to motorhoming and quite nervous. Have bought an older motorhome to see if we like it or not. Peugeot Windfall which we are picking up early October.
We live in Spain so are flying to UK and driving back. Have had some good advice from a fellow motorhomer but still haven't really got a clue.
Not sure what equipment we need etc.
Wish us luck.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome

:welcome:

Exellent website for motorhomers

Well worth £10

So much expert help without making you look stupid.

Enjoy your motorhome.

Mel & Lieve

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hello Chippygail

Wow.... welcome to the Fun..... joining here is one of the best decisions you have made (you have subscribed haven't you?)

You're braver than me... you first journey being UK to Spain..... so hats off to you for that.

Any specific questions you have, just ask... someone will know the answer. There's no such thing as a stupid question, and depending on the subject, could save you oodles in cash or time.

Hope to see you around ...

Simon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chippygail

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
spain
Funster No
MH
peugeot windfall
Exp
Thank you for the welcome.
We were going to get someone to transport it over for us but we thought why not do it ourselves.
Getting the long ferry back as its our 1st time.
Don't know what is actually in the van until we pick it up, them I'm sure we will have loads of questions.
Looking forward to it but very nervous.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Thank you for the welcome.
We were going to get someone to transport it over for us but we thought why not do it ourselves.
Getting the long ferry back as its our 1st time.
Don't know what is actually in the van until we pick it up, them I'm sure we will have loads of questions.
Looking forward to it but very nervous.

Great idea.

Dont forget all the aires france.

Good book for France

OP
OP
C

chippygail

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
spain
Funster No
MH
peugeot windfall
Exp
Thank you Me or, once we get used to it I'm sure we will.:thumb:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi
We are very new to motorhoming and quite nervous. Have bought an older motorhome to see if we like it or not. Peugeot Windfall which we are picking up early October.
We live in Spain so are flying to UK and driving back. Have had some good advice from a fellow motorhomer but still haven't really got a clue.
Not sure what equipment we need etc.
Wish us luck.

You will love it, we also live in Spain and got ours 2 years ago now and "get away" when we can. Spent last year in Portugal over Dec/Jan and this year will do the same.

Have fun.......

OP
OP
C

chippygail

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
spain
Funster No
MH
peugeot windfall
Exp
Thanks John.
We are hoping to see parts of Spain that we haven't been to before. No more flying now just chilled out touring.
Can't wait, Portugal on the agenda for next year also.
Everybody seems so nice.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks John.
We are hoping to see parts of Spain that we haven't been to before. No more flying now just chilled out touring.
Can't wait, Portugal on the agenda for next year also.
Everybody seems so nice.

Well we got our MH for that reason and have seen loads of little villages ( wide camping ) and of course the larger place like Seville etc in our case the smaller the MH site the better as we stay away from the "all in sites" like Marjal, however each to his own liking.

There are/is some very nice helpful members on this forum, which we found in our first year MH'ing and still use today. If you don't ask you will never know and there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Enjoy

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chippygail

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
spain
Funster No
MH
peugeot windfall
Exp
That sounds great, we love peace and quiet.
Work with people all year so great to get away from it all.
Just hope we don't look like the clampets in our older van!!"

Ken Bag

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi fellow newbies. My wife Lyn and I pick up our very first motorhome tom mow and plan to go to Suffolk for a few days. We are as nervous as hell but oh so very excited. Good luck with your venture. :Smile:

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Hello there chippygail and :welcome: to the forum from a fellow newbie :Smile:

That is some first trip you have planned :Eeek: I though we very adventurous with our first trip from Derbyshire to Cornwall but that was like a drive around the corner compared to what you are undertaking :Smile:

As all ready been said there is loads of knowledge and experience among the funsters and whatever your question there will be someone along who can answer it. Have a great trip ::bigsmile:

dave2222001

Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Hello there chippygail and :welcome: to the forum from a fellow newbie :Smile:

That is some first trip you have planned :Eeek: I though we very adventurous with our first trip from Derbyshire to Cornwall but that was like a drive around the corner compared to what you are undertaking :Smile:

As all ready been said there is loads of knowledge and experience among the funsters and whatever your question there will be someone along who can answer it. Have a great trip ::bigsmile:

Actually driving on the much less congested roads of France and Spain can be a good place to get used to it mostly without the heavy traffic of the UK Our first trip was/is down France and then on to Spain storing the van for a few weeks at a time on route and flying back to it. Cheaper than the fuel and ferries and much less hassle. Found France driving easier than UK (currently stored in South of France south Spain in 3 weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back