Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all!

Found this advert and I must say it would tick all my boxes ....as far as I can see!

But as you all know better go and see it for good!

Anyone in the area of this motorhome who could go and have a look for me before I bid?

Engine, damp, rust , smells, (I hate all bad smells , they just make me sick... so smoke, oïl, damp ...yuuukkk)

I would go up to 7000euros (about 6000 pounds) for this one if you think it's going to last!

Thanks in anticipation!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Link Removed

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Frankie, I'm sorry but can't help with viewing as we are the opposite side of the country and leaving for France this week.

However the m/h in question looks to be genuine and there is a lot of interest in it with many bids in so far and a couple of days to go so it may well go to the sort of price you mention.

Please be aware it is a European model and probably adapted for the UK so you may have to plan for some further expense having it altered to comply with French regulations.

Regards, Brian

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Fankie

Looks like a nice van, but, "PLEASE NO PAYMENTS THROUGH PAY PAL" does worry me...You have NO protection from EBay if you pay not using PayPal... Other funsters can confirm?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Very sorry but I am over 100 miles away from seller so cannot offer to view.

It looks to be in good condition and the price - to date- is excellent.

Many sellers of items sold for more than hundreds of pounds will not take paypal as their fees are very high, normal method of payment is cash or cleared cheque.

You could, and should, contact seller and arrange that, if your bid wins, the deal is off if the vehicle is not as described - even if someone else views for you.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Very sorry but I am over 100 miles away from seller so cannot offer to view.

It looks to be in good condition and the price - to date- is excellent.

Many sellers of items sold for more than hundreds of pounds will not take paypal as their fees are very high, normal method of payment is cash or cleared cheque.

You could, and should, contact seller and arrange that, if your bid wins, the deal is off if the vehicle is not as described - even if someone else views for you.

I only saw the pics ... did you see any description? I scrowled down to find it , but could not find any, may be I missed a link!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
This Tabbert is almost exactly the same as our Dethleffs but a bit younger... only difference is the 2 settee seats as opposed to our dinette.
Excellent vans, we lived in ours virtually fulltime for a couple of years and so far she's behaved perfectly in all respects.
Annoyingly we have to go over to UK shortly and will be in the Ross-on-Wye area but not till after the auction's ended... :Sad:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
i only saw the pics ... Did you see any description? I scrowled down to find it , but could not find any, may be i missed a link!

tabbert ffb 570 a class motorhome built on a 1994 fiat ducato chassis
german high build quality motorhome
*no reserve*
the ffb motorhome is in very good condition for the year. Providing you with a excellent family layout ,spacious, fully fitted kichen and the advantage of the large end washroom and shower.
the interior of the motorhome is very clean, modern and fresh , over all has been very well looked after.
the exterior of the motorhome is in very good condition as you can see from the photos.
large double bed above the drivers seat,
swivel front captain seats with artmrests,
electric step,
blown air central heating,
2 modern sunroofs fitted and and a few other bits fitted on 2/3/13 at a cost of £1518 invoice present,
bike rack,
pull out awning,
casette toilet,
cd stereo,
2.5 diesel,
5 speed manual,
spare keys,
lots of service history and invoices,
logbook
motd till 20th may 2014,
taxed,
would consider buy it now,

(118.000 kms)

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Oh Waoooo! I am even more interested!

I'll keep bumping the thread all day , in case someone lives in the area and can give it a look!!

Thanks for the description Peter!

Frankie::bigsmile:

So sorry we are not going over to the UK till October but looks a good van. And I am sure re registration for a French person should be a walk in the park !

DRIRE were very helpful here in Brive .

Good luck :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Frankie I too am over 100 mls away :Eeek: I have read all the add and must say I think it will go over your budget. :cry:Very nice looking van and if you can get it for your budget then go for it :thumb:Most will hold off the bidding until the last minute (so should you:winky:) If you end up winning you never pay until you view it to make sure it is as described. :thumb: so don't feel guilty if you win and it is not as described-to be honest it looks a very genuine van and the car he is selling is priced right so I don't think it's a scam:Smile: Scams are usually very cheap :Eeek:Good luck and I hope you get it below budget :thumb::Smile:
Terry

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
Ffb

I have phoned the guy and asked what his buy it now price is and he's looking for around 7 grand . The bed canopy surround is missing as you can see in the photo and it had a cam belt change 10'000 miles ago he also said he's got 3 viewings today. Spoke to 2 ffb owners of this age a91 & a94 in France last week and both were happy with their vans as I am with my ffb. If you do win it if not as described you can walk away .

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Many thanks indeed for your help and for this useful post!!

At least I now know how much he expects for it.

Still I will need someone to see it and be my translator as I have no way to come to the UK now. my 4 bosses won't agree :Sad:

Payment is not a real problem if the description is right with international payment from account to account.

Well .... we'll see what happens...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You could always offer him 7k euros as I said before I think it will make his asking price:winky:
:Smile:
Terry

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
You could always offer him 7k euros as I said before I think it will make his asking price:winky:
:Smile:
Terry

I guess he is talking of 7000 pounds... but made up my mind if the van is Worth this money I'll go up to that amount:thumb:.
I'll just spend a bit of the next one:Blush: LOL !

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I guess he is talking of 7000 pounds... but made up my mind if the van is Worth this money I'll go up to that amount:thumb:.
I'll just spend a bit of the next one:Blush: LOL !

Hi Frankie it does say or near offer so offer him 6k cash on collection :thumb: he may well take the offer :winky:Again under no circumstance pay any monies until you collect-- you could always find out if you can pay by credit card somehow? That way you are protected :thumb:
You may strike it lucky and get it for less but I think it has been on ebay before and 8k rings a bell in my mind---I may well have posted a link before in the one for Frankie thread
Terry

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Not saying anything right now .... in case of bad luck ... but did read you advice and took it into consideration as others I had in private calls. Am having help now ....but you understand I'm not first on the list ... so there, cross your fingers....Que sera sera!

Frankie:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry Frankie wrong timing for me I am afraid as are are tied up here until the 4th then heading to France, I do hope someone closer can help, it look a great buy with a buy it now though I would suspect it will go over 10,000 if left to bidding.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Don't worry Roger! Yes I like this van very much , but being tied up here , I can only rely on help , so.... if this one is meant to be mine then everything will go fine and smoothly with the helping people I have on this item , if not ...... NEXT ONE!::bigsmile: If I was to stamp my feet then better stop working and do the search by myself and buy it myself . But I can't !...so as I said .... Qué sera sera!:winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi all!

Found this advert and I must say it would tick all my boxes ....as far as I can see!

But as you all know better go and see it for good!

Anyone in the area of this motorhome who could go and have a look for me before I bid?

Engine, damp, rust , smells, (I hate all bad smells , they just make me sick... so smoke, oïl, damp ...yuuukkk)

I would go up to 7000euros (about 6000 pounds) for this one if you think it's going to last!

Thanks in anticipation!

Amicalement

Link Removed

That looks nice frankie....:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
That looks nice frankie....:thumb:

Frankie just a shot in the dark ....he says he will ship to the Uk....it may be out of the country ...or it may be a misprint and he realy ment to say he will ship in the uk ...just ring and check or ask a uk member to ring and find out for you

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Have you looked on the funsters map to see who is near ...a shame champers would'nt look for you...as he is a mechanic and close ...wrong time of year as all are going away its close to Malvern

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Stay calm Frankie. If its to be it will be :winky:

Anna

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
Just a thought Frankie, are you absolutely sure you'll be able to get an older UK van French registered?

Reason I'm asking is that I've just recently come across a Brit couple living in France who've been trying to get an older UK van registered here in France and they've discovered that the rules changed in Sept 2012. Apparently, DREAL don't do the inspection now and instead they ask for the COC or an attestation from the manufacturer.

Well, this couples situation is that, as with many of the older UK vans, they obtained the CoC for the chassis cab but not for the habitation part. Presumablly they could possibly obtain an attestation instead from the manufacture but, in their case they had gone out of business. The only option open to them now is to obtain an attestation from a carrossier but inspite of searching, they are finding it impossible to get any to commit to signing it off for them.

We had a long and complicated paper trail when we changed our 1998 Fiat Swift Kontiki to French registration 2 years ago due to Swift not being able to give us a CoC, although they are still in business so perhaps they could have provided an attestation.

So just a word of warning, if you're not aware of these changes, please check that you will be able to get French immatriculation without problems.

Bon courage!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think JJ is involved here somewhere as its an FB:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.