Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi

Specific question.

Does anyone know of a restriction for large vehicles travelling south along the coast road of Lake Garda from Riva Del Garda i.e. on the western side?

I've heard tell that its quite tight & some vehicles cannot pass.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I also wouldn't attempt the west bank route, having done it in a car. Hundreds of motorhomes travel along the east side to the many camp sites south of Garda, around Bordolino.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
I also wouldn't attempt the west bank route, having done it in a car. Hundreds of motorhomes travel along the east side to the many camp sites south of Garda, around Bordolino.

Thanks, but is it POSSIBLE? Its a blooming long drive round the bottom as we are staying at Maderno!

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I did it in a Transit. I know it is small but I didn't have any "oh sh1t" moments or any reason to exercise extra caution. Mind you I my have been oblivious to traffic and blinded by the amazing scenery.
Go on, do it.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
I would say it is possible but (like comments above) I wouldn't do it in our motorhome 7.5m Sundance with roof boxes .

When a bus meets a bus in the other direction on that road at particular points its gridlock and everyone has to reverse. Some parts
Of the road is fine but the more northern part of the west side of the lake is rock tunnels (mentioned above) with some very random rock walls and overhangs.

You could drive up the west side and cross to the east half way up the lake on the car ferry or get the car ferry all the way to riva, it would fit a motorhome but could be pricey.

Hope this helps , cheers

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Thanks, but is it POSSIBLE? Its a blooming long drive round the bottom as we are staying at Maderno!

Hi again, after looking on the map and found Maderno is on the west side but the bad tunnels and roads don't start until Limony area further north up the west side of the lake. If you are travelling from Brescia area you should be fine :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back