Newbury Show (1 Viewer)

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
Didn't manage to make the Newbury show this weekend and was wondering if anyone could give me the low down of the weekend such as products, dealers, clubs etc.

OP
OP
W

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
I'm amazed that no one has anything to say about the show unless no american owners from here went?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, I was at Newbury, but stuck on the fun trade stand throughout so didn't get to see any of the show. Newbury is one of the smaller shows but we had a good weekend spreading the word about MotorhomeFun. The promised rain held off and I ended up with a burnt head again.:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I'm amazed that no one has anything to say about the show unless no american owners from here went?

I was there ::bigsmile:

RV was parked in the traders area though :RollEyes:

There were a few RV dealers and related traders but it is certainly not one of the better shows - timing is too close to Peterborough and Stratford for my liking
:Sad:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I was there parked on the FUNpitch!

There were quite a few RV's parked on the ARVE pitch I'd say maybe 40ish had a look around the show but nothing spectacular caught my eye met Jim and Linda and had a chat with Dick on the BPG there were quite a few RV's on sale.

Some trader friends on a stall said that they were very busy, but also moaned that all these shows are getting so expensive for traders to attend and they will not be going to Stratford for that very reason.

Got away with buying 3 pairs of reading glasses and a brolly £5 which is a change as we usually get 'that must have item' that is never as good once you get it home!

The weather stayed pretty fine and we spent Saturday afternoon in Newbury which was alittle bit more finacially painful but not too bad.

We left about 1.30 on Sunday

Regards Pat

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Didn't manage to make the Newbury show this weekend and was wondering if anyone could give me the low down of the weekend such as products, dealers, clubs etc.

There was a lot of products, some Motorhome related, some not. Thoroughly enjoyed the cheese and curries in the craft hall and the olives next door to Jim were excellent::bigsmile:. One product I was really impressed with was a towing system for Citroen C1, Toyota and Peugeot clones, bit pricy though. I saw a lot of dealers, some European vehicles some American. Very disappointed with quality of staff on Travelworlds stand. Can't believe sales people stand at the front of the stand smoking! There were a lot of clubs, some well supported, some not. We chatted to folk we knew from Hymer, ARVE, ARV, MHFacts and MHFun.
I didn't answer your question at first as it was just too much. Bit like the darned freedom of Information requests that keep landing on my desk at work:ROFLMAO: Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

Regards
Doug

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
Sorry if I came across a bit to much Doug, just really annoyed that I missed the show. Travelworld staff smoking?? Surely not? What RV's did they have on show? What other dealers were exhibiting? Just really interested in what american vehicles I missed out on.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Yep, one of their younger staff was stood in front of a Cayman smoking. Really surprising. They had a 37' Cayman which I thought rather cramped and I didn't like the internal colour scheme. In fact I thought the 28' Georgie Boy on Itchy Feet's stand was much more impressive. Itchy Feet had the most impressive vehicles but to be honest I didn't see anything really new or exciting. Then again, Newbury is a very small show and doesn't get as many dealers as Peterborough or maybe York, sorry Pickering.

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
W

wbd2000uk

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Funster No
So only Travelword and Itchy Feet in attendence?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I went Saturday and met Jim and his family, Eddie from Van Bitz (actually got a decent choccie drink out of him), Mo and Dicks pitch Guide and not forgetting the gorgeous Lindy who worked out straight away who I was when I said 'whats cooking?'

Had some chinwags with a couple of dealers, missed out on the black suited salesmen from you know who without the 'life time guarantee badges' I noticed, wonder why they are not wearing them any more............. is that a hint of short life again!!

Went on our Fiamma stand, we had an average show, they handed out loads of internet shopping cataloques with Fun fliers in them, so reaping the benefits back at base now.

Peter

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Sorry if I came across a bit to much Doug, just really annoyed that I missed the show. Travelworld staff smoking?? Surely not? What RV's did they have on show? What other dealers were exhibiting? Just really interested in what american vehicles I missed out on.

hi are you going to the americana really good look on the calender and take a look, sure you would enjoy it.:thumb:

ruth

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
I was at the show had a great time sold lots of locks, and was busy fitting them
Lindy-C saved the day as I had a 50mm tow ball on my RV and my car tow dolly as a 2" hitch
Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back