Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Hi i have just bought a cheap microwave from Asda. Is there any problem in using this when on ehu. It is a 700 watt unit with a 1200 watt input. My rcd is 16 amp . Thanks for any advice...................Bruce

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi i have just bought a cheap microwave from Asda. Is there any problem in using this when on ehu. It is a 700 watt unit with a 1200 watt input. My rcd is 16 amp . Thanks for any advice...................Bruce

Should be ok in the UK but more difficult in other European countries. We ditched our microwave for ths reason and the weight .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

You should be aware that even though the hook-up may be 16 amps the circuit in the motorhome is probably only 10 amps - but this is still plenty for a 1200 watt (5.2 amps) device.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We binned the microwave after our last run out. After 4 months used it twice!!! waste of space and weight and after you get used to not having one, you will never miss it.

What we use is this: Link Removed

Never tripped out EHU and we used it in UK,France,Germany and here in Spain, great bit of kit.

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
We binned the microwave after our last run out. After 4 months used it twice!!! waste of space and weight and after you get used to not having one, you will never miss it.

What we use is this: Link Removed

Never tripped out EHU and we used it in UK,France,Germany and here in Spain, great bit of kit.

great piece of kit we have the 7ltr and we used it in spain nearly everyday roast pots are great in it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
great piece of kit we have the 7ltr and we used it in spain nearly everyday roast pots are great in it

We use one too . Been through microwave and small oven before but this is by far the best option.

I use it in the house too. Aldi here are selling them this week for €29.99 :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back