Moncayo Mediterraneo 435 to buy or not! (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
This is my first post, so please forgive me for diving in with a question or two.
We are motorhome virgins, having thought long and hard before taking the plunge.
So we are looking at an A class Moncayo Mediterraneo 435, auto 2.8 diesel, but I can get very little info on the van.
This one is 7 years old, 104000km and one owner from new. All in very nice condition and well equipped.
Do any of the knowledgeable forum members have any thoughts on this model, or manufacturer, and are there any things I should really know about before we leap in and buy.
I have to make a decision on this particular van very quickly, and only saw it for the first time yesterday, it is a private sale.
Many thanks, in advance for the help.
Ainsley

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is my first post, so please forgive me for diving in with a question or two.
We are motorhome virgins, having thought long and hard before taking the plunge.
So we are looking at an A class Moncayo Mediterraneo 435, auto 2.8 diesel, but I can get very little info on the van.
This one is 7 years old, 104000km and one owner from new. All in very nice condition and well equipped.
Do any of the knowledgeable forum members have any thoughts on this model, or manufacturer, and are there any things I should really know about before we leap in and buy.
I have to make a decision on this particular van very quickly, and only saw it for the first time yesterday, it is a private sale.
Many thanks, in advance for the help.
Ainsley

If its everything you want in the living area I wouldn't worry about the running gear as long as its ok ,cause its probably a fiat underneath or if not a merc and just normal mechanics so doesn't matter what make it is

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
dont know anything about the make or model but dont let anyone rush you. There are thousands of vans out there and it is a buyers market. Also check this out.
Broken Link Removed
Good luck.
C

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Alarm bells ring.

Very loudly.

^^^^Wise Words^^^^

If someone is putting you under pressure for a decision, there will be a reason - none of those reasons will be good ones.

If a vehicle is genuine, then the owner won't care if you have it or not....as there will be people queuing around the corner.

If they want a quick decision, then it will be either dodgy, stolen or a scam.:thumb:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi, do you think 104,000 km seems a little high?...there are 7 year old vans out there with much less mileage than this! does it have a full service history? just don't be rushed into buying something you may regret very quickly:Smile:

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you for your thoughts. I am not actually being rushed into a decision, but there are others looking at this van, and it does tick most, if not all my wants on my wish list.
The ex UK dealer was helpful, now being unbiased, and warned of the damp problem. We are in a very dry area of Spain, but I will have it checked. As part of the deal, they will provide A/C, for the dining area, a rear view camera, gas certificate, polish, and possibly tyres.
I am happy that the van is all above board, and it is being sold by the dealer, privately on behalf of an elderly client.
Mileage wise, 104000 kms is high for a M/H, but technically not high if it was a van that it is based on. Under my ownership, it will do a lot less, unless we take to camping like a duck to water!
The vehicle is immaculate, with many extra's, auto (which I want) fixed bed, and despite the mileage, looks unused. It is one owner, full history, and I understand comes mid way in terms of quality, being Spanish built.
Am I convincing myself, or would this be a good entry vehicle into the camping world!
Any other thoughts?
Ainsley

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
What is the price? Is it this?

Link Removed

It is not an A class but a low profile
Mileage is high for year, can you speak to owner if it is being sold via a dealer you should

Is there ANY warranty at all?

As said plenty of Motorhomes around

Get an experienced motorhomer to have a look if you can an an independent damp check

Just my twopeneth worth :thumb:

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
I think you have already made up your mind!:Smile: so just enjoy your new baby and have fun:thumb::thumb::thumb: good luck happy camping

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
What is the price? Is it this?

Link Removed

It is not an A class but a low profile
Mileage is high for year, can you speak to owner if it is being sold via a dealer you should

Is there ANY warranty at all?

As said plenty of Motorhomes around

Get an experienced motorhomer to have a look if you can an an independent damp check

Just my twopeneth worth :thumb:

Thanks Steve, and yes that is the M/H. No there will be no warranty, BUT we know the business, and I feel that they are straight. Should we have any problems, I feel they would help.
Will definitely get the damp check, but sadly there is a lack of motorhomers, known to us, in this area. I will also try and contact the owner.
The biggest problem I have found is ticking all the boxes on the want list. There is a dirth of automatic vans, as the Spanish prefer gears, and in our south east corner of Spain, there are very few vehicles for sale, least of all nice well specified vans.
Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Looking at the bidders, they seem to be connected to the trade. I reckon the value to be around £24000 as it stands, what are your thoughts?
Ainsley

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
The current bid looks about half it's value to me. Is it genuine ?

Brian I agree price is a little low but as to genuine

He quoted "BUT we know the business, and I feel that they are straight. Should we have any problems, I feel they would help."

I would ask do they have a buy it now price if you are that keen and trust the company. The max I would pay with no warranty would be £16000, but I would spooner look elsewhere and get someone to check over for you

Sooner travel to get the right van

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
The current bid looks about half it's value to me. Is it genuine ?

Brian I agree price is a little low but as to genuine

He quoted "BUT we know the business, and I feel that they are straight. Should we have any problems, I feel they would help."

I would ask do they have a buy it now price if you are that keen and trust the company. The max I would pay with no warranty would be £16000, but I would spooner look elsewhere and get someone to check over for you

Sooner travel to get the right van if it was me

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just a latest update. The van has been checked for damp, and is ok. All tyres will be replaced, a new MOT (ITV out here) and all taxes and transfers, reverse camera and full valet included. All in all a fair deal, worth around 2500€
I have spent today touring our area far and wide and haven't found a better condition M/H.
The ebay price didn't reach reserve, which was the asking price. Nearest was a nice Knaus, but that was 10,000€ more, and didn't even have an oven. Apparently the Spanish don't do ovens!!
Many thanks for all your thoughts and help, and hopefully, I will be on this forum again, with whatever van I end up with.
Happy days!
Ainsley

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Worth joining for the useful advice - and lighthearted mickeytaking - that you will see on here.

Enjoy the new van

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back