pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
what is the easiest way to receive tv without having to get anything installed on our mh roof please.reason for this is OH has an ongoing slipped disc prob

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
filmon on the internet all the channels u will need

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
what is the easiest way to receive tv without having to get anything installed on our mh roof please.reason for this is OH has an ongoing slipped disc prob

Get someone else to fit it:winky:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You could always try an indoor booster aerial. Works for us sometimes.

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
thanks for the replies.
how about the sat dish on a stand?can anyone recommend them?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
You could approach the problem from another direction ::bigsmile:
How about a Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion :thumb:

Failing that get someone to install whatever you choose for you. We've looked at sat dishes on stands,and always the storage problem puts us off with our small van.

Mike

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
i think the internet option is a good one as long as we can pick up our signal.
the reason we were avoiding attatching something to the roof was because of the mh's age(1989) and we have recently noticed a couple of bubbles that are hard and so we are assuming they have been seen to?.didnt notice them when we got it but thought best to leave alone??
OH has an ongoing disc problem that will need fusing eventually so was thinking of him not going up there.i suppose i could try.
we would have roon to store a suitcase dish in transit just wondered how reliable they were??

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Get one of these :Link Removed
and attach mast to ladder.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Option 1.. If you dont want anything fixed on the roof and only looking for UK TV while in UK. then you can get a pole (some can be telescopic) and attach a standard TV aerial.. Lots of people do this and mount on their bike racks etc. You will have to manually line up but you can get meters to help with that..

Option 2. Yes you can have a sat dish on a tripod and get the UK TV channels that way... Suitcase systems can be ideal. Alignment can be easy or hard depends on your location and where you pitch..

I note you are in Walsall.. We are based in Cannock and will be home later today ( currently on a ferry heading for Dover). If you want to chat further happy to help. Also, and not the reason I am posting, I have some satellite bits floating about and for sale....
PM me if you want.. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You could try http://www.towsure.com/product/Truvision_Wideband_Caravan_or_Indoor_TV_Aerial?catargetid=1666233605&cadevice={device}&gclid=CKC2hJHIorkCFQKWtAod_HwAvg
or get http://www.johnscross.co.uk/product...antenna.html?gclid=CKS4nKvIorkCFeGWtAod6TkAgA
don't forget funsters discount :winky:
once fitted the latter is adjusted from inside the van :thumb: doddle to do even you could do it :winky:
terry
edit there are others like the Status that are cheaper and work good

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
On my last van there was no aerial for UK use, I bought a £10 one from Wilkinson's clamped it to my brush handle (the telescopic type with the option to turn the top part in the required direction) clamped that to the bike rack or bungied it to a mirror never failed to get TV, free standing dishes ok but fiddly at times. Pete :thumb:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Hi
On my last van there was no aerial for UK use, I bought a £10 one from Wilkinson's clamped it to my brush handle (the telescopic type with the option to turn the top part in the required direction) clamped that to the bike rack or bungied it to a mirror never failed to get TV, free standing dishes ok but fiddly at times. Pete :thumb:
Same here.Bought it a few years back and still use it.Will get around to something else one day.
On the other hand I do have a manual squarial sat dish for freesat but in the uk dont bother.
My work takes me mostly in data centres and I find security always find a way to get a tv picture.If in uk and internet is ok then tvcatchup is the best and costs nothing.The most recent though was on the ground floor of a tower block well inside the building,a perfectly good picture was obtained by using a one for all dvb-t active antenna bought from argos.Just placed on a shelf.It looks like its been superceeded now but plenty others around and plug and play of course.

Attachments

• active antenna.jpg
    active antenna.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
thanks all,some really helpfull tips.
i am researching the net route.
we have an ipad3 so will need the adapter first i think.
is this the hdmi cable which connects to the tv??
Link Removed

sorry to be a pain.:Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
yes thats a hdmi cable should be ok from laptop to tv providing they are both hdmi check em 1st

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
most sites have internet either free or charged i use a wifi booster because some are weak signals so the booster helps some sites have it in designated area's so the booster again allows u to pickup the net in your mh in spain and portugal i have tried satelite and the sites own tv connection but none is as good as filmon on the net good luc hope you find what u need

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We've got an Avtex tv - with an Avtex aerial which we just fix to the roof or to a window with its rubber sucker thingy - perfect... :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back