Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
have booked 3 night in Sept as the boss want to go to see the palace, anyone stayed here ? how easy is it to get into the centre of London ?
cheers
Ron

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Go out of the gate and turn left. Go down the road about 400 yards and cross over and buy a ticket from the newsagents for the number 3 bus (I think). About an hour into the centre.
At least it was the last time we went.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Easy Peesy!

No 3 bus will take you right to the centre and those proud possessors of a bus pass can travel for free! Lovely jubbly!

tonytange

Free Member
May 19, 2013
Southampton
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 98
We have used this site and found it to be very good for London trips lots of transport links in to town :Smile:
This site is inside the London LEZ zone do make sure your van is OK for this as it is expensive if not

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Also a ten minute walk to the train station with overground link to Jubilee line tube for one. The park itself is good for a walk.

We were held up on every motorway on the way down and had a late arrival. Keeping the wardens aware of our updated time of arrival they managed to put us on the pitch and avoid the late arrivals area (which has electrics anyway) and vey friendly and welcoming with it.

Arriving late and at the weekend we ended up in part of the congestion charge zone but at a time it did not apply, so you will need to be careful with planning your route in if during a weekday.

When in London forget taxis and buses, they know what they are doing. You need to be very careful with scooter riders and cyclists. The latter because not one we saw ever stopped at a red traffic light and they appeared to have no regard or their own safety. They will ride up the inside of you while you are turning left and they are going straight on.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
The dreaded LEZ

We have used this site and found it to be very good for London trips lots of transport links in to town :Smile:
This site is inside the London LEZ zone do make sure your van is OK for this as it is expensive if not

That's a good point Tonytange..... as I started to read the post I was wondering about that.

I've just checked and the daily charge is £100 for up to 3500 tonnes and £200 for over 3500 tonnes.

If you don't pay the daily charge and get caught with a penalty charge, it's £500 (reduced to £250 if paid within 14 days) for up top 3500 tonnes or £1000 (reduced to £500 if paid within 14 days) for over 3500 tonnes.

That means that for me and my 06 reg MH it would cost me an extra £1400 for a week at Crystal Palace...... er, don't think so. I guess my tourist dollars will not be being spent in the capital then. Good job there are so many other interesting places outside of London I want to see.

Simon

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Easy bus route close to site. Nice site but beware ! you need a van with emission zone approval, or you will, like me be heavily fined. They let me off after much argument but we wont be using this site again because of this.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We've just had 10 days at Alderstead Heath CC the only London site outside the LEZ.
£6 (CC club negotiated price) for a taxi from site to Coulsden South inside zone 6 train station, takes you to London Bridge.
Trains are new and on time and fast.
We phoned a taxi at 8 in the morning from the free phone in the Wardens office. Taxi came and got us to the staion before 8:30 for the 8:37 train. In London not much after 9 a.m.

I must add that it is a very nice site with 6 friendly staff.
We will go again for sure! being 4.25 ton gives us no other choice either
Also as CC sites go this is cheap at £21.50 2 adults

Last edited:
OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
thanks for all the reply's have checked out the MH and it says I am compliant

Looks like the bus it is, will tell the boss about the oyster card and she can check it out

cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back