Newbie here and a special thanks to local business in Sussex (1 Viewer)

williambeadle123

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Hi all i have recently moved from London down to Bexhill On Sea in East Sussex, and have recently purchased a T5 conversion to take the wife away for the odd weekend keep her happy ! I noticed when passing a few weeks ago a large camping centre in Johns cross, i took a trip there over the weekend to have a look as i was interested in a drive away awning, i liked the look of the momentum cayman and one other they had on display. One of the guys there took me upstairs and i fell in love with the Vango Kela airway its so quick to put up and i was so impressed, the chap who was helping me was so helpful even done a demonstration for me how it goes up and down and was told about weathering it in which i have never been told about before with tents and awnings which help it not to leak, i didn't want to spend that much really but i fell in love and i purchased one ! The chap who served me carried it downstairs and even to the other end of the car park next to Johns cross ! and the whole experience was a pleasure so just wanted to thank them for it and recommend them to anyone thinking of buying camping equipment. I believe they do orders over the phone as well. I cant remember the name of the chap who helped me but i think he said he had only been there a few months himself but the knowledge was impressive telling me about heights and which one i should go for.

I will be going back for lots more accessories in the future !

One question though is anyone familiar with the Vango Kela ? one question i have which i am hoping is simple would i be able to use a 12v air pump for it rather than the hand pump supplied ? it doesnt take long i know but i have a 12v pump and its just sat there but didnt want to over inflate it ?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Can't help with pump
But it is nice when someone gives a dealer praise for getting it right
Rather then slagging of all time for getting it wrong

Nice one Op and john cross

OP
OP
W

williambeadle123

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Can't help with pump
But it is nice when someone gives a dealer praise for getting it right
Rather then slagging of all time for getting it wrong

Nice one Op and john cross

Absolutely i had business's years ago and you would always get told when there was something wrong and i know you cant please everyone ! But never get told when they have done something right which is a shame ! I wasnt rushed or pushed into buying a dearer one it just made sense ! The poles seem such a drag now !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am sure that Peter, who owns John's cross will be very pleased to read your positive review. He is a member of this forum and offers fellow members a good discount on all purchases. bound to be along and post on this thread at some point:thumb:

the discounts for members are just one small benefit of joining and paying the £10 yearly subscription for this excellent forum. The advice however is well beyond monetary value as cumulatively there must be thousands of years of experience between the members

OP
OP
W

williambeadle123

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I am sure that Peter, who owns John's cross will be very pleased to read your positive review. He is a member of this forum and offers fellow members a good discount on all purchases. bound to be along and post on this thread at some point:thumb:

the discounts for members are just one small benefit of joining and paying the £10 yearly subscription for this excellent forum. The advice however is well beyond monetary value as cumulatively there must be thousands of years of experience between the members

Yes definately worth the money well worth getting round to doing ! Sounds like i should have joined here before i purchased my awning !:roflmto:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Yes definately worth the money well worth getting round to doing ! Sounds like i should have joined here before i purchased my awning !:roflmto:

yep, would of saved more than the cost of subs with your first purchase:cry:

you live and learn as they say :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for the compliments, much apreciated, you should be able to use a 12v pump, just switch it off when you feel its the same inflation as a hand pump.:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
W

williambeadle123

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Thanks for the compliments, much apreciated, you should be able to use a 12v pump, just switch it off when you feel its the same inflation as a hand pump.:thumb:

Peter

Thanks Peter it just makes life a bit easier, my ticker isn't what it used to be. :roflmto: Look forward to using you and your company in the future and maybe we'll meet in person next time !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back