Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In years to come I fancy doing this but I do have one or two concerns.

Last year someone posted a video of a load of old foggies doing aerobics and t dancing on the beach.

Is it all like that at that time of the year?

If so I think I would prefer the British winter.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+

Last year someone posted a video of a load of old foggies doing aerobics and t dancing on the beach.

Is it all like that at that time of the year?

If so I think I would prefer the British winter.

Doesn't have to be, no.
Just like the UK, there are LAAAAARGE busy sites with all sorts of entertainment
...........and there are also quieter sites where you can just read and chill.
Has to be said tho', you're VERY unlikely to find a CL type site over there as they just dont seem to have them............mores the pity.
WE overwintered on LaMerced at Calpe year before last and whilst there, used the pick up to visit approx 30 sites up and down the Costa Blanca.
For us, LaMerced was just about as qquiet and rustic as it gets...........unless anyone knows better?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi zaskar . next time cross the water to maroc . but dont tell them you will pay 60quid for a mat though . about 25-30 should do it there .
as for wintering in spain .as said some places so busy you book from one year to next .others much quieter . mind lots wild as well.
personally i dont use the sites but do visit then to see folk.
hard to say where the best place is . we just start at the top by barcelona /valencia and keep the sea on your left till you get to santander .
go iff inland to see things and people . but it can be snow inland . better by the sea .
in spring the galecia asturia ,cantarbria are is lovely much nicer than the med . shame it gets windy,chilly and rainy up there else i wouldnt go to the med .
have fun .theres alot to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Just stand & watch its much easier that way & if you go down to the old town beach you will hear brilliant impromptue singing by the Spanish happy travels Rod

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Make that 3 concerns. Weather. Better than UK, but can you be sure it's good enough ? No.

Ask the people of Zahora with damaged awnings. Ask the people of Benidorm who witnessed snow and tornadoes in Benidorm.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Make that 3 concerns. Weather. Better than UK, but can you be sure it's good enough ? No.

Ask the people of Zahora with damaged awnings. Ask the people of Benidorm who witnessed snow and tornadoes in Benidorm.

I`d sooner take my chances down souf..::bigsmile:

At least your more likely to get some hot heat... :thumb:

Last winter was the first time we didn`t go down that away for some years...:Sad:

And what did we get ????

Days and days of snow and rain and wind...:cry:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, just look at a good atlas take measurments off the 40degree line .and you can get a good idea where will be better , there is no doubt if you want best weather it as to be around agadir in maroc . cant think of anywhere else thats easy to drive to thats better .
but benidorm is not the best place in spain by along way. snow very often crosses the main road and hits the town . as done for years but not frequently .
i have seen the algarve flooded more times than dry . been going since the early 60,s as a child . still do go there but only to pass through . at least on the west coast you know its going to be rough .but hopefully big surf .

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
^^^^^^ like wot he sed sno an oranges froz on trees in benidormy in nov dec so ed sth pronto . :Doh: stan

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
There doesn't seem to have been much reassurance that you won't need slippers and a pipe for winters in Spain Chris.
Believe me, you won't
Would you like to play sports, cycle for miles through orange groves in the sunshine, swim outside in a fabulous pool, walk in the mountains in glorious isolation, watch a La Liga game in a fantastic stadium, play golf on unbelievably green grass, experience a rowdy town fiesta (can last a week), visit a woderful medieval market, enjoy breathtaking scenery, but mainly......drink cheap wine???

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There doesn't seem to have been much reassurance that you won't need slippers and a pipe for winters in Spain Chris.
Believe me, you won't
Would you like to play sports, cycle for miles through orange groves in the sunshine, swim outside in a fabulous pool, walk in the mountains in glorious isolation, watch a La Liga game in a fantastic stadium, play golf on unbelievably green grass, experience a rowdy town fiesta (can last a week), visit a woderful medieval market, enjoy breathtaking scenery, but mainly......drink cheap wine???

Thats more like it::bigsmile:

No organised aerobic work outs on the beach then.

Why do some people feel the need to do yoga and stuff when they get to the beach? Why not do it at home where you can look a prat in private?

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
You might not be guaranteed the sun and the warmth you seek but the odds are its going to be a hell of a lot better than the UK. You only need to head down there in the winter and see the thousands of vans down there. They can't all be wrong.
We shall head down there for another two months in december and hopefully we shall once again have a ball.
Certainly the last two years we have had great weather.:thumb:

belboy

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Believe me, you won't

Ok Ed that sure sounds good to me matey....but what area or site if any are you referring too in Spain :thumb:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Ok Ed that sure sounds good to me matey....but what area or site if any are you referring too in Spain :thumb:

Sorry, hadn't realised you'd posted. We usually start the winter near Peurto Mazzaron in the south east and work our way up the Med coast to the Alicante area, to fly home for Chrimble. After that we stay between Alicante and Valencia until it's time for home. Most of the sites we use are in ACSI but, if you stay for a while, some other sites will offer a similar deal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back