ObiVanKenobi

Free Member
May 14, 2013
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Before I construct seat boxes out of wood does anyone know where I can get two seat box's for my captain seats? I have a 2008 Relay conversion although the captain seats (with swivels) are motorhome seats, at which, I have no idea what type?

Thanks in advance

Steve

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I think you will have "issues" at MoT time with that idea.
Seats, seat mountings & seat belts are all part of the MoT test.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You wood excuse pun ::bigsmile:be surprised how little interest there is in seats, seat belts and mountings outside the scope of corrosion:RollEyes:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I used to be a tester & the garage I use now both would fail it.

OP
OP
O

ObiVanKenobi

Free Member
May 14, 2013
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Before I construct seat boxes out of wood does anyone know where I can get two seat box's for my captain seats? I have a 2008 Relay conversion although the captain seats (with swivels) are motorhome seats, at which, I have no idea what type?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sorry I think there may have been some misunderstanding about my question. The seats are already in place, on their metal frame I just want to be able to put my inverter and possibly make some storage under each seat. This is what I meant my making a wooden box that will fit 'around' the metal frame. I am aware though that some seats have the manufactured plastic boxes that sit around the frame hence this is what I meant by seat box :)

Sorry for the bad wording in my initial question. Picture attached of seat already in place....still without box.

Attachments

• P1030087.jpg
    P1030087.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 37
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sorry I think there may have been some misunderstanding about my question. The seats are already in place, on their metal frame I just want to be able to put my inverter and possibly make some storage under each seat. This is what I meant my making a wooden box that will fit 'around' the metal frame. I am aware though that some seats have the manufactured plastic boxes that sit around the frame hence this is what I meant by seat box :)

Sorry for the bad wording in my initial question. Picture attached of seat already in place....still without box.
just pop rivet sume sheet steel to the frame :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i carpeted ply and fixed it around the frame with cable ties on those square self adehsive cable tie mountings screwed into the ply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back