pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
hey there,we are pamela,steve n ella from walsall.we have recently brought a 1989 hymer camp 56 on a peugeot chassis.
so far we have replaced the head gasket,then next we moved on to the hab area.we have had a new battery and charger on.
we have got the fridge working on 12 & 240v but not gas.perhaps the ignitor??
the heating is gas only and needed just an ignitor and the vents blow fine.
the water is doing zilch!it is a gas only 10lt trumer boiler.there are no red or green light on the control panel.maybe the pc board??
also i cannot find the yellow open/shut valve that should be near the boiler....is this normal??perhaps due to its age??
the thetford works ok apart from the flush.it only manages to was half the bowl.any ideas??

any help and advice would be very welcome.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Pamella, welcome to motothome fun, looks as if the guys that could maybe able to help are not on line, hope you can get some help.:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hey there,we are pamela,steve n ella from walsall.we have recently brought a 1989 hymer camp 56 on a peugeot chassis.
so far we have replaced the head gasket,then next we moved on to the hab area.we have had a new battery and charger on.
we have got the fridge working on 12 & 240v but not gas.perhaps the ignitor??
[HI]make sure the gas is getting through and clean the jet. whilst its stripped down for the jet, make sure the igniter is firing and not stopped due to rust. clean rusty parts with emery cloth[/HI]
the heating is gas only and needed just an ignitor and the vents blow fine.
the water is doing zilch!it is a gas only 10lt trumer boiler.there are no red or green light on the control panel.maybe the pc board??
[HI]check first its got a 12v supply and the fuse hasnt blown. could easily be the controller, but check basics first[/HI]
also i cannot find the yellow open/shut valve that should be near the boiler....is this normal??perhaps due to its age??
[HI]if theres no drain down hopefully the boiler hasnt been damaged by frost. some early boilers didnt have a frost drain[/HI]
the thetford works ok apart from the flush.it only manages to was half the bowl.any ideas??
[HI]probably a weak flush or blocked pipe. if electric flush the internal pump may be faulty. if manual flush the bellows may have a small split
[/HI]
any help and advice would be very welcome.

would have posted earlier, but been busy this evening

jot down the model numbers for the fridge water heater and toilet and somebody on here will be able give more specific help if needed

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
thnks.
the fridge is rm275,the thetford is c2 and the truma boiler has a round sticker on it in german.there is a number on it.....80233???.it is black,also has 1988 on it.i have translated it all but nothing appears to give its model number.i will try to put some pics on.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the rm275 is a very basic 3 way fridge with little to go wrong. the main issue being rust due to condensation and the vents and degassing. you will need to remove the fridge to service it. disconnect the gas supply pipe to the burner and take out the self tappers from the burner box/draught guard. remove the jet and clean it or replace if corroded. clean up the spark electrode and check thermocouple is not burnt away. really to do this work you need to be gas certified to reinstall. if your not confident get it repaired professionally.

the boiler may well be beyond help as the parts are no longer available. a cheap source of a replacement is a caravan breaker. check on google for one near to you

the c2 cassette toilet comes in a couple of variants, electric or manual flush. advice on this will be different for each type. however try pulling out the loo roll holder and see if theres a pump in the tank underneath and check for any algae or leaves in there. give it a thorough clean out and see if this improves flushing. they never were great though and have improved lots over the years

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
we got everything working or fixed apart from the truma gas water heater which we will see if we can come across the pcboard for between now and next year.
i am now thinking about winter.i have sorted the draining down.next is the fridge winter covers.how necessary is this.they measure 38.0cm x 18.5cm and i cant locate any covers at the moment.so,is there any other way of covering them??
i am thinking they don't cover all the vent??
how do i find the ones needed?

Last edited:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I have used this company in the past. The chap who owns/runs it is Gary and he knows about as much as there is to know about gas systems. If you have problems with a water heater or space heater Gary is your man.
Company is called Arc Systems, phone 07901 544431 or 0115 9213175

Fridge problem I downloaded lots of info from the Dometic website (they took over electrolux)
dometic manual refrigerator diagnostic service manual
is the URL for a diagnostic service manual for older fridges
Manual for RM275:
Link Removed

Toilet flush contact Thetford, they have a brilliant customer service dept 01709 766750

hope this helps

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
I have used this company in the past. The chap who owns/runs it is Gary and he knows about as much as there is to know about gas systems. If you have problems with a water heater or space heater Gary is your man.
Company is called Arc Systems, phone 07901 544431 or 0115 9213175

Fridge problem I downloaded lots of info from the Dometic website (they took over electrolux)
dometic manual refrigerator diagnostic service manual
is the URL for a diagnostic service manual for older fridges
Manual for RM275:
Link Removed

Toilet flush contact Thetford, they have a brilliant customer service dept 01709 766750

hope this helps

thankyou for that info,most helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back