Any thoughts about a ladder guard? (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have recently changed our van and have a ladder at the back, we are concerned about safety, we want to stop people climbing up
to get in roof openings.
We can't make one ourself but we thought of a ladder guard, any thoughts on this or shall we place our Sat dish on it permanently to deter anybody climbing, thoughts on this anyone please?

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I have seen plenty of mohomes with a sheet ally cover/guard so I guess they must be available. Do Fiamma do anything?

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We have recently changed our van and have a ladder at the back, we are concerned about safety, we want to stop people climbing up
to get in roof openings.
We can't make one ourself but we thought of a ladder guard, any thoughts on this or shall we place our Sat dish on it permanently to deter anybody climbing, thoughts on this anyone please?

Hi,
That's an interesting thought as our van has a ladder as well. As I'm a portly gent does anyone use their ladder? is there a weight limit hmhm?
What exactly are they used for? luggage on roof? sunbathing on roof? cleaning roof?

Cheers for any guidance
Steve
:thumb:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Have you been up your ladder?
It may look like this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Airstream-Skydeck-747542.jpg
    Airstream-Skydeck-747542.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 90

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Miss read the title I thought you where on a diet and wanted some one to lock your larder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I looked at 2 Gatcombes at Todds , they have 2 on there, the 2000 model it is still on their web site, it has a ladder guard on it if you want to see what one looks like, I have read a report on the ladders, and it says they can flex with heavy weight and dent the van, I thought they were for cleaning roof, and storage, a box fits up there, I personally wouldn`t like to climb up one. I think the ladder guard is possibly a Fiamma one.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I've never seen anyone use one of these ladders. Not even the owners. As someone else has said, what are they for?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've never seen anyone use one of these ladders. Not even the owners. As someone else has said, what are they for?

I use ours to clean the rear nearside corner of the roof. The van is parked at an angle to a fence and I can get the big stepladders in to do everything but that corner. It saves moving the van just for roof cleaning.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I have always climbed on to the roof to clean it, although I stay near the edge and use a long brush to get the front bits.

Our ladder folds in half upwards when not in use so it is not so much of a problem. I've never felt the need to get any sort of lock for it but I do use a strap to ensure that it won't fold down while on the move :whatthe:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Ladders

I have seen plenty of mohomes with a sheet ally cover/guard so I guess they must be available. Do Fiamma do anything?

Hi Dave, youcanbuy them. Why not get Dave piper to make you one. Just a thought :thumb::thumb:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Dave, youcanbuy them. Why not get Dave piper to make you one. Just a thought :thumb::thumb:
Fair idea Barry, but it wasn't me who was looking......I don't have a ladder on mine:RollEyes: Maybe DP could make the ladder as well::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back