Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
we are heading down to the Mosel valley next week and thinking of stopping on the way,
we are looking at stopping in Luxembourg at a place called fuussekaul for one night and then going onto bernkastel on the Mosel,
has anyone stayed at these places or can anyone recommend anywhere to stop on the way.
cheers chris

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi . cochem on a sunday . if your lucky it will be bike day . bit like matlock bath but different .
but there are so many nice pullins ans places to stay . can i come ,hee hee i,m only small . dont eat much .ha ha .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

I am crossing over on Tuesday, thinking of staying at Stenay before going on to Koblenz and then heading south on the Mossel. May spot you in the area.:Smile:

Currently at Dunsfold Wings and Wheels.

Mike

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi . cochem on a sunday . if your lucky it will be bike day . bit like matlock bath

Can't remember the day but we were sat in the sunshine enjoying a coffee and chatting to some Brit bikers.

We bike it to Matlock Bath this afternoon. Obligatory fish and chips run.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We bike it to Matlock Bath this afternoon. Obligatory fish and chips run.

Magic place in the sunshine and all the crowds out. Derbyshire's answer to Benidorm. Overflowing with life. And it's got a cable car, don't think Benidorm has.

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
does it take you back to your youth?
cant beat a nice ride out to make you feel young again. been a grand day down here for it .
ride safe .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> does it take you back to your youth?

No way. It starts first push on the button. It stops, fast. It doesn't leak oil.

>> cant beat a nice ride out to make you feel young again.

Younger than young. Immortal. Superhuman.

>> ride safe .

And you.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
wishing I was taking my bike down with me (I've got a xjr1300) we decided that we would not tow the bike the first time over the water in the van, maybe next time ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Rolo

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Leyland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10+
We have stayed at Bernkasel a few times at the Kusner Werth camping ground. Bernkastel is very picturesque with great places to eat and drink. It is also an ideal place to take a boat trip up or down the mosel.
Cochem is another great place to visit with ample parking areas for motorhomes (if you arrive early) near to the town on both sides of the river. As we need to recharge batteries etc... we stayed at the campsite on stadion strassa.. about ÂŁ17.00 anight inc hook up.
However we are hooked on all the stell platz ethos and now give camp sites a wide berth preferring to use the stellplatz instead... Have a great time can't wait till our next trip over to Germany after Christmas.
ps.
If you want to go bike seeing then Cochem is the place to go.. lol

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Me and my wife went Mosel/Luxemburg last year on the bike and loved it:Smile:Broken Link Removed Interested to hear from people who take their bikes with them,
Dave.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to visit germany etc alot on my trike doing bike and vw shows in the 90,s loved the mosel ride . these days i only chuck a chinese dax in the back of the trailer but its still good fun .
here i ride a 1500cc drifter . at 320 kg its too heavy to put in the back . plus i built the trailer with only height for the dax .
i also have a suzuki tu grasstracker ,road bike . thays a bit more like my bsa c15 i had at 16 ,being a 250 single . all good fun .
dont know what life is like without a bike . must be terrible .ha ha .

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We too used to tour Germany in our younger days, mostly on BMW's, loved the Mosel/Rhine area, also Schwartzwald and especially Bavaria, such a pretty area, mostly stayed in Zimmerman Frei, met some very interesting people, always very helpful and accommodating. I still ride a a bike, a bit like the Suzuki TU, mine is an Suzuki ST 400 Tempter, a fairly rare bike in this country. If I don't have a bike in the garage, I feel lost, like my legs have been removed, I'll ride until I'm physically incapable I hope.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We too used to tour Germany in our younger days, mostly on BMW's, loved the Mosel/Rhine area, also Schwartzwald and especially Bavaria, such a pretty area, mostly stayed in Zimmerman Frei, met some very interesting people, always very helpful and accommodating. I still ride a a bike, a bit like the Suzuki TU, mine is an Suzuki ST 400 Tempter, a fairly rare bike in this country. If I don't have a bike in the garage, I feel lost, like my legs have been removed, I'll ride until I'm physically incapable I hope.

hi that looks really nice. want one. my grasstracker is an orange/white .had it several years now .there was only only half a dozen in uk at the time .
have a nice one let the sun shine every day .

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have seen photos of a bike like yours, a firm in London sells them, I like mine because it's light,(160kg), and being a shortie I can reach the ground easily, both feet flat, means a lot.! I think that there are less than 6 in this country, it always draws a crowd when parked at local bee meets or Snetterton. :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I have seen photos of a bike like yours, a firm in London sells them, I like mine because it's light,(160kg), and being a shortie I can reach the ground easily, both feet flat, means a lot.! I think that there are less than 6 in this country, it always draws a crowd when parked at local bee meets or Snetterton. :thumb:

yes there are a few in now . mine came in in 2004 its a 2002 . a local bike shop was bringing
odd things . then packed up .luckily a friend bought all the stock . at the time they had brought in 6 ,2 orange 2 silver and 2 blue versions .
like yours it draws crowds . every one thinks they know what it is ,it looks 70,s . oh well might go for a ride ,sun shining and warm .
http://www.suzukicycles.org/TU-series/Grasstracker.shtml

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back