Erm, why won't my kettle work? (1 Viewer)

SWOOD

Free Member
Jun 7, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
One
Evening Funsters. Just back from 2 nights at Napps in Combe Martin (good site, great views, officious management). This morning my kettle stops working on EHU. Everything else works (hairdryer/phone charger), and when I get home, the kettle works fine on mains. Anyone got any ideas about that?

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Evening Funsters. Just back from 2 nights at Napps in Combe Martin (good site, great views, officious management). This morning my kettle stops working on EHU. Everything else works (hairdryer/phone charger), and when I get home, the kettle works fine on mains. Anyone got any ideas about that?

The other items that work, are they tested on the same socket?

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Bad connection in the plug, partially boken cable?? Sounds as though a continuity test is in order

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
try a different kettle lead. if it works, open the plug on the faulty one and check all wires are done up tight. check for damage or kinks in the lead, the wire inside may be damaged. if in doubt replace it, as they only cost £2-£3 and its a safety issue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A new kettle is around £10. Throw the old one away and buy a new one. Its not worth the risks repairing cables and plugs. Obviously something is wrong.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A new kettle is around £10. Throw the old one away and buy a new one. Its not worth the risks repairing cables and plugs. Obviously something is wrong.

agreed Dave.

most travel/low wattage type kettles come with a fixed lead and unless you know what you are doing it aint worth repairing for the same of a few quid.

bin it, buy new, get a 12 month guarantee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back