Changes to C1 test vehicle requirments. (1 Viewer)

AndyT8

Free Member
Aug 25, 2013
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Just a couple of days left to give your views on the following consultation:

"Changes to motorcycle, lorry and bus driving licence and driving test vehicle rules"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...riving-licence-and-driving-test-vehicle-rules

where there is a relevant section on Non-Professional C1 licence vehicle requirements which if the UK adopted would mean you could take your C1 test in a vehicle without a tacho. Currently the DSA does not intend to adopt this article as the cost/benefit would they believe not be good enough.

I am no expert but I would think that it would allow one to take the C1 test on ones own motorhome without having to have a tacho. Which would save hiring another vehicle for the test.

Not a subscriber so I can't search to see if this has been asked before (same on other motorhome forums - no subscribe no search) so apols if it has been mentioned earlier.:Eeek:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I can not believe they will let someone who has passed their test in an automatic artic drive a 16 speed splitter :Doh:
Accidents and hold ups here we come :Angry:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I can not believe they will let someone who has passed their test in an automatic artic drive a 16 speed splitter :Doh:
Accidents and hold ups here we come :Angry:

This stems from a EU directive to enable users of Motorhomes to drive vehicles over 3500kg to 7500kg without the need to understand tacho regulations and UK/continental goods vehicle regulations.

"changes to the test for non-professional medium-sized lorry drivers (category C1) as shown on the licence by a new restriction code"

The licence would be marked restricted and the user could not drive such a vehicle commercially.

A lot of manufacturers are artificially lowering the MIRO weight of motorhomes to enable B licence driver to buy them, but they are shockingly short of payload.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back