Joe Mobile (French mobile phone network) (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Has anyone used Joe Mobile?

I am thinking of getting one of their sim cards............

20 Euro buys 3GB data (tethering allowed) unlimited calls (landline?) and texts to France and unlimited calls to UK landline for 30 days

Sounds good to me, any thoughts anyone? :Smile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Would like to see the T&Cs in english. It does say per month on the web site are you sure its not a contract? If you could pay just 1 month it looks great.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Would like to see the T&Cs in english. It does say per month on the web site are you sure its not a contract? If you could pay just 1 month it looks great.

Lunarman

It is 'per month' if you enable automatic top up, however if you disable this facility then the card is only active for 30 days at a time :Smile:

The parent company is SFR. Joe Mobile seems to be very similar to GiffGaff in it's style of operation.

I found the details on

which in turn led me to http://agsfo.free.fr/courrier.pdf

I have emailed Alexander and he is very helpful

I might give this a go ::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just mailed the man and got a reply by return,.

SFR launched this October 23 Joe Mobile, a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) using SFR’s network.

Subscribers to Joe Mobile, a SFR subsidiary, will be able to “take control” of their mobile flat-rate packages at any and in real time, through the Internet or a mobile app. The offer is only available online and comprises two packages, at 10 and 20 euros, of which subscribers can adapt the level of their voice and data consumption according to their needs through a supplement if applicable.

Joe Mobile is also a community in which members can share views and information in a news forum, and invite new subscribers to join the service in exchange for a compensation to be deducted from their own expenses.

More information for this service available in France only on www.joemobile.fr (in French).

He is going to send me a free SIM I quote..

"With Joe Mobile, for €20, you have 3GB internet (tethering and VoIP allowed) at up to 42 Mb/s, unlimited calls and texts to French numbers, and unlimited calls to UK landlines available 30 days. If you want to send SMS to UK, it costs €0.30/text. Calls tu UK cell phones cost €0.50/min.
If you want to get a SIM card, please tell me your address and I will send you one for free. At the activation, you will receive €5 bonus credit to thank you for joining Joe."

I am pleased that Joe Mobile is part of SFR..

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Joe Mobile

I have just come back from touring eastern france, and I must say I had a connection everwhere i tried and always was 3g, I had 4gb and when i got home after useing most days still had 3gb left, communication via email by someone with a name of Alexanda was very very good 7 days a week, only problem was when you log on to set it up and choose how much data you want is all in french, you must remember that at some point before you are about to stop useing to log on and turn off auto payment bit otherwise it will charge you credit card for the next month, other wise very good

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Joe

SFR launched this October 23 Joe Mobile, a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) using SFR’s network.

Subscribers to Joe Mobile, a SFR subsidiary, will be able to “take control” of their mobile flat-rate packages at any and in real time, through the Internet or a mobile app. The offer is only available online and comprises two packages, at 10 and 20 euros, of which subscribers can adapt the level of their voice and data consumption according to their needs through a supplement if applicable.

Joe Mobile is also a community in which members can share views and information in a news forum, and invite new subscribers to join the service in exchange for a compensation to be deducted from their own expenses.

More information for this service available in France only on www.joemobile.fr (in French).

"With Joe Mobile, for €20, you have 3GB internet (tethering and VoIP allowed) at up to 42 Mb/s, unlimited calls and texts to French numbers, and unlimited calls to UK landlines available 30 days. If you want to send SMS to UK, it costs €0.30/text. Calls tu UK cell phones cost €0.50/min.
If you want to get a SIM card, please tell me your address and I will send you one for free. At the activation, you will receive €5 bonus credit to thank you for joining Joe."

Really interested in this but I cannot seem to find Alexander, what was the email address you used please?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
:Smile:
Really interested in this but I cannot seem to find Alexander, what was the email address you used please?

joe-mobile@sfr.fr

Tell him Grahame sent you

He is really helpful and sent me two sim cards, one for joe mobile and an extra one for Lycamobile for our spare phone

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Joe

I have just come back from touring eastern france, and I must say I had a connection everwhere i tried and always was 3g, I had 4gb and when i got home after useing most days still had 3gb left, communication via email by someone with a name of Alexanda was very very good 7 days a week, only problem was when you log on to set it up and choose how much data you want is all in french, you must remember that at some point before you are about to stop useing to log on and turn off auto payment bit otherwise it will charge you credit card for the next month, other wise very good

Alexander is ending me a card, but I noticed on one of the web pages he directed me to
http://agsfo.free.fr/help.html that they ask for the address you are staying at in France. Obviously with a motorhome we don't have one so I wondered if you had to give an address or not?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Alexander is ending me a card, but I noticed on one of the web pages he directed me to
http://agsfo.free.fr/help.html that they ask for the address you are staying at in France. Obviously with a motorhome we don't have one so I wondered if you had to give an address or not?

Err, I haven't registered the card yet............send him an email and see what he says :Smile:

(I would email him but he might get fed up with me:Blush:)

Oh, and let us know?

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Joe

I have found the answer re the address, Alexander has said it's not important, we can use his address (presumably the company address) which will be on the envelope the card arrives in.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

Looks good to me and I have asked for a sim, I cannot see how to turn off auto payment though, can you remember how you did it please?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just realised I forgot to update this thread:Blush:

We spent 3 months in France and the Joe mobile card worked perfectly. I rang friends and family in the UK (landline) for no extra cost at all. The data was 3 gigs a month and again worked perfectly.

Also the 2nd month was only €15 because I was given a €5 credit from Alexender :Smile:

I recommend the sim if you want data and be able to call UK when in France:Smile:

Visit their website using the Chrome Browser and you can have the pages automatically translated into English ::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Now I am completely confused, in the other thread on Mobiles , you just said toggle was best:Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you only want a small amount of data, and no phone calls, have a look at this thread giving 100mb broadband for 3 months totally free to use worldwide:

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back