armychef

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Warminster
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 140
Exp
Hi All, this is my first post having just joined the "club" my question is I bought a gas pressure regulator in Spain early on this year when we toured around for 9 weeks, this fits onto a spanish 13kg propane bottle.I am going back to Spain for the winter and I only carry 2x 6kg bottles so I need to buy gas over there,how do I connect up to the Spanish regulator? Is there a special hose that I need? I have an Elddis Autoquest 140.....................thanks for any suggestions:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You can usually buy a s/hand spanish bottle on campsites ( look on notice boards) or "rastro's" like boot sales or some are second hand shops. Going rate is about €8-12.
Most people place the Spanish bottle outside and connect through their BBQ point. So with this method you need some hose and a BBQ connector.

The other way is buy something called a "Jumbo adaptor" about £15 in Uk and €15 in Spain.. You then simply take off the butane adaptor off your pigtail in your gas locker. screw on the Jumbo adaptor and then you can ( subject to size) fit in a Spanish bottle and feed the gas through your built in regulator...:thumb:

Let me know if this link works, I am on limited wifi connection..
http://s447.photobucket.com/user/st... 700 mods/Apache 700 gas locker?sort=6&page=1

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I use a Jumbo adaptor and a pigtail long enough to reach from the Spanish bottle (which stands on ground.) to a connection in my gas line (I have a fixed LPG tank)
I think the pigtail is 1mtr long.

I decided against the 'through the BBQ point' method as I didn't feel that 'backfeeding' gas into the system was terribly safe ::bigsmile:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

armychef

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Warminster
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 140
Exp
Thanks guys I don't have a bbq point on the van but the jumbo adapter sounds just the ticket::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where do you get a jumbo adapter, does it do French bottles ( dumpy )when in France last year we got one of these, in the old van I just cut the pipe and jubilee clipped it on , but don't want to start cutting this van about yet, its got the left hand thread propane at the moment. Will the gas go through two regulators as this dumpy has one on the bottle and the van has a fixed one, if this makes any sense to anyone I would appreciate your help.
Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Where do you get a jumbo adapter, does it do French bottles ( dumpy )when in France last year we got one of these, in the old van I just cut the pipe and jubilee clipped it on , but don't want to start cutting this van about yet, its got the left hand thread propane at the moment. Will the gas go through two regulators as this dumpy has one on the bottle and the van has a fixed one, if this makes any sense to anyone I would appreciate your help.
Thanks

Chaser. Lots of places sell them in UK. Just do a search... I head home to Cannock tomorrow from Benidorm, could bring one but may not worth the fuel costs to come and collect it ?
You need to buy a Butane pigtail as threads are the samw on the Spanish jumbo one.
Gas will not go through 2 regulators it cuts it right down, my friend found out when they tried it and had to use the BBQ method. The Jumbo adaptor is just that it's not a regulator...

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back