Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
hi I wander does onybody know how to cancel facebook I have had it for a couple of years now and find it is an invasion of my privacy and therefore would like to get rid. would appreciate any advice steve

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If I remember correctly, when I deleted my Facebook account there were two or three stages to get rid of everything completely so follow the procedure carefully. They don't like to lose people and are arrogant enough to assume that you request deletion by mistake in the first place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
email them a small nuclear bomb.

Please mister can I press the trigger ?

[HI]Spawn of the devil[/HI].

Only on a good day.

The irritating thing is that more and more organisations are using Faceache instead of/as well as a proper forum so it's easy to miss stuff. Yes, that bomb seems a good idea :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Only on a good day.

The irritating thing is that more and more organisations are using Faceache instead of/as well as a proper forum

Every night on local BBC TV news a reference is made to Facebas%%%ds and Tw@tter as if these are pillars of the universe.

They are addictive money making scams, nothing more nothing less. They are changing/distorting human society, trivialising it.

Amytotoo posted on Trixxxies wall: "I'm wearing my pink thong today, the one with HOT written you know where".

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
hi I wander does onybody know how to cancel facebook I have had it for a couple of years now and find it is an invasion of my privacy and therefore would like to get rid. would appreciate any advice steve

Considering doing the same thing. I have never used it much and have only 8 facebook friends. It irritated me by mailing them to ask them to help find me more friends!

It also showed me targeted adverts, which were largely for the elderly in dating agencies. They were at times embarrassing. I eventually concluded that it was because I had not bothered to mention being married in my profile.

Its intrusive and extremely insecure.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Every night on local BBC TV news a reference is made to Facebas%%%ds and Tw@tter as if these are pillars of the universe.

They are addictive money making scams, nothing more nothing less. They are changing/distorting human society, trivialising it.

[HI]Amytotoo posted on Trixxxies wall: "I'm wearing my pink thong today, the one with HOT written you know where".[/HI]

Does ShiftZZ know somebody is copying him? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our local ITV News and BBC Radio invite comments via Faceache and Tw@tter as well. The local paper has switched to Faceache from its own comment content. All saves them actually doing some work if people take them up on it I suppose.

Last edited:

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
Overall I like Facebook. However you need your wits about you to keep your privacy at an appropriate level that you are comfortable with.

I have some friends for whom it is an essential part of their communications, it certainly aids keeping up with what our offspring are getting up to in the far flung parts of the world.

I am also in a secret group which acts a bit like a forum some of its members are in Fun, some in Facts, some in both, some in MCC, some in no other forum. Its invitation only and although we are quite different in outlook there is no need for moderation because we keep conversations on there as if we were face to face ... and sober.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
keep conversations on there as if we were face to face ... and sober.

Are you sure some are funsters:ROFLMAO:

Mel

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Real face-to-face conversations aren't stored on a server and available to our security services!:winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well I have to say I signed up to it when Sophie wanted an account and although I don't post very often I do find it a usefull tool. As for getting your info it can only take what you give it well I assume that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Before deleting your account, delete all photographs and attachments. DeFriend or delete all your friends and set all account pages to be accessed only by you.

That way, if they dont delete your account fully, the only person who can access any information will actually be you.

Good luck with it

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Am I being very naïve here-what's wrong with just not signing in again if you don't want to use it ::bigsmile:
I never put anything on there that would affect the security of the free world as we know it any way,and junk mail can be deleted.

mike

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

[HI]Amytotoo posted on Trixxxies wall: "I'm wearing my pink thong today, the one with HOT written you know where".
[/HI]

Could you post a link so I befriend that user

They sound sooo interesting

That I'd love muchley to know more

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I detest the adverts, and as someone already posted, some can be somewhat embarrissing. :Angry:
Someone very kindly put me onto FB Purity, which cuts out all the c##p, including those bl##dy adverts. :thumb:

I'm not into the "full on public" aspect of Facebook, but don't mind the private group aspect, as Frank above highlighted. :Smile:
A large majority of one particular group, met up at Malvern last week. :winky:

To Steve, (the OP), good advice above from Jim and Gayle. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
The problem for those not into facebook is making decisions early on about who you are going to make your friend.

I explained to my Daughter when I first signed her up for an account to make sure she only 'friended' friends! If you have seen some people who make 'anyone' a friend and end up with 5,000 'friends' you will know what I mean.

This way you end up only dealing with people you want to and most of the time their statements are of interest to you. Of course you get the daft messages every now and then.

As to facebook groups they are in my opinion a much simpler way of talking to like minded people. I am also on a couple of 'secret' groups which as Frank explains just means you get there by invite. It was a number of us on a facebook motorhome group who met up at Malvern last week and we are also members of fun. We don't do any moderating as we only have people whom we want to talk with in the group. Oh occasionally there are some bad comments, but that is so in all walks of life. We just get on with it!

All in all, facebook is great if used correctly.

Best regards

Chris

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The problem for those not into facebook is making decisions early on about who you are going to make your friend.
This way you end up only dealing with people you want to and most of the time their statements are of interest to you. Of course you get the daft messages every now and then.

All in all, facebook is great if used correctly.
Best regards
Chris

Just about sums it up for me :thumb:
Now we're off to,guess where? ::bigsmile: Devizes for weekend at friends.

Mike

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Secret Groups, ...Me nor Dell-Boy can ever get into one, always black-balled see::bigsmile:

Del:
Oi, Boycie. Boycie over here, over here. Sit yourself down Boycie. Have the committee come to a decision yet?

Boycie
Yes, it has Derek, and it's bad news, well bad news for you at least. You were black-balled.

Del
Oh no, someone put a black ball in the bag? Who?

Boycie
When they emptied the bag there was more than one black ball.

Del
How many?

Boycie
Well, let's put it like this. Have you ever seen the bottom of a rabbit's hutch? Sorry, Derek, I did my best.:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Facebook rocks.....

It's 06-30 here in Rhode Island,,,

Off to New York in a moment to catch up with "the black geezer" a friend of mine from school I lost contact with over 20 years ago. Thankyou Facebook :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back