Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Here's one for you!
There's currently a bus service running from Glasgow to London where you sleep in your own BUNK. ! :Eeek:
What do think about this and are there implications or comparisons for us motor homers ?
I've often thought it would be more peacefully if I gagged mrs Vlad and threw her up in the over cab. could I now do this legally ? ::bigsmile:

Vlad.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I've done it when I've just come off 12 hour nights and Jay is driving.
I get us out to the M6 & get my head down for a while in the fixed bed.

We used to do recovery jobs (no tacho needed) & one of us would sleep while the other drove, sometimes for days on end in the summer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pre 2007 oct .no seat belts required in the back of a motor caravan . goods vehicle over 3,500kg not required in rear or front till oct 2001.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
pre 2007 oct .no seat belts required in the back of a motor caravan . goods vehicle over 3,500kg not required in rear or front till oct 2001.

But surely "If fitted, must be worn"?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
But surely "If fitted, must be worn"?

thats easy take them out .
actually i miss wrote it .first of march 2001 they have had to be fitted so used .it was oct 1988 that seat beltanchorage points had to be fitted .
i dont like them so removed mine .

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
No, No, No! Vlad!

That would nearly be as bad as using the toilet, cooking, eating, drinking and leaving on the gas whilst on the move!

None of us would ever dream or doing ANYTHING like that!!!!:winky:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Belts in bed sounds kinky to me :whatthe:

I just brake hard to get Yvonne out of bed and then she will land next to me at the driver seat :ROFLMAO:

That happened in an accident last year, but the person in the bed went through windscreen and was found dead in ditch in front of van. Not funny. BUSBY.

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
That happened in an accident last year, but the person in the bed went through windscreen and was found dead in ditch in front of van. Not funny. BUSBY.

Would have thought if the impact was so great as to propel them the length of the van and then out throu the windscreen being sat in the front seat wearing a seatbelt would not have made a great deal of difference to the outcome !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Would have thought if the impact was so great as to propel them the length of the van and then out throu the windscreen being sat in the front seat wearing a seatbelt would not have made a great deal of difference to the outcome !

You also have the danger in a Eurobox of what happens if some one shunts you up the rear, would not like to be in fixed rear bed. Will take my chances in front seat equipped with seat belt. BUSBY

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We came back from Calais in June with 3 people in our bed, mind you we didn't realise until they jumped out the door when we stopped for a break on the M11.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Cathy has slept in the rear island bed of our RV when we were on our way to Paris although we spent a large portion of the time in a queue on the peripherique.

When we were looking for the RV we looked at one that had a large lap belt across the rear bed. I assume for travel purposes :Eeek:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Take a tip from Busby, stand on the brakes send the
extras out the front :Eeek:. :Doh: simples :thumb:

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!

Depends on the size of the van, and the direction of the impact. If you were not restrained, you stand to be seriously injured yourself, and also to injure other people in the van. People have been killed by being hit by other people during car crashes. Not meaning to be morbid about it, but I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Only bus I'd sleep in bunks in while on the move would be the Night Bus from Harry Potter! Although that did seem to make a lot of the passengers sick! :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back