Aug 14, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since May 2013 in earnest
Hey Funsters!

Chris & Clare here saying hello to Carol and all the funsters we meet and made us feel so welcome at Stratford apon Avon Motorhome show a few months back! We even gatecrashed thier party!

Well we did it!! We bought our awesome Hymer 3100 Turbo Diesel and are in the process of restoring the interior for a proper trip soon.

Pictures to follow soon....

best wishes to all..

Chris & Claire XX

OP
OP
F

FuglybusII

Free Member
Aug 14, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Fuglybus II Hymer restoration proper job!

Broken Link Removed

We will do our very best to do it justice....

We don;t want to upset any die hard Hymer restoreres out there!!

Chris & Clare

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Chris & Claire, a big welcome I have been wondering how you got on, lots of information as you have already found out, make good use of the site, ask as many questions as you want.

See Brian (Hilldweller) approves so it must be good, we have just had a amazing meet at Malvern, have a look at the thread could give you some idea of what you are in for.

Good luck with your plans. Carol. :Smile:

What on earth does Fuglybus11 stand for lol.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Glad to see that you got a van in the end and joined us on here.
Hope things work out for you with your plans. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

FuglybusII

Free Member
Aug 14, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
What does it mean.....

Hello Carol, Gromet,

And of course anyone else who remembers us from the Stratford upon Avon motorhome show....

So we are now the proud owners of FUGLYBUS II, Fuglybus stands for "fracking ugly"...and the II stands for the fact that this is the second ugly motorhome I have owned. I say ugly but I don't mean ugly. I love ugly.

My first motorhome was a selfbuild custom beast, based on a fiat ducato box van. Now that really was Ugly and big...

I thought you'd be wondering when we'd turn up, so after leaving you guys we had a massive urge to go by the Hymer we were telling you about... they do say don't ever buy the first one you see...I've no idea why as that was the best one we saw. So we boughts it! Ever since then we have been conducting a few minor upgrades to it, so new denim upholstry, new memory foam matress, brand new sheep skin seat covers (just like yours Carol), new bathroom, wc, shower etc, new light wieght tables and kitchen extension, painted the interior, 3.1 turbo diesel total mechanical overhaul, solar panels, the works. We'll add a few pictures soon so you can all see progress.

We are planning our first tripp away init to Middlesbourgh early September, then a few trips around the UK for a full shake down then off mid December to Austria for some winter snowboarding...Woop Woop!

I'm sure I'll be bombarding you all with plenty of questions so brace yourselves...

We're so glad we joined the club now and to be part of a bunch of friendly people who really made us feel so welcome...

A massive thanks to you all and we look forward to catching up with you soon on the road somewhere..!!

Keep an eye out for pictures to follow soon...

Chris & Clare XX

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back