maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Having discovered at Malvern that some of us are board game geeks, anyone up for a late autumn/early winter meet? :Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Having discovered at Malvern that some of us are board game geeks, anyone up for a late autumn/early winter meet? :Smile:

I think that would be fabulous, although my brain hasn't had a workout since I left work and that Africa game you were playing looked liked it would take a bit of practice to become proficient at. For those of a simpler ability, Rumikubs is quite fun. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I think that would be fabulous, although my brain hasn't had a workout since I left work and [HI]that Africa game you were playing looked liked it would take a bit of practice to become proficient at[/HI]. For those of a simpler ability, Rumikubs is quite fun. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Not really. The rules are few and simple, but you have to keep your mind open to possibilities and be prepared to adapt according to which tiles become available. :Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Not really. The rules are few and simple, but you have to keep your mind open to possibilities and be prepared to adapt according to which tiles become available. :Smile:

What's this game Maz, and what other board games are you proposing?

Catherine

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
What's this game Maz, and what other board games are you proposing?

Catherine

That game was '10 Days in Africa' - you have to plan a 10-day itinerary around Africa following a few simple rules but be prepared to be adaptable with your route. ::bigsmile: It's an easy game to learn and each game doesn't take long to play.

Other board games would depend on what Funsters have themselves and what they might like to learn to play. I was recently taught to play Rummikub which I enjoy a lot. Other than that I tend towards what are usually known as modern 'Euro-style' or 'German' games, such as 'Ticket To Ride', 'Settlers of Catan'. I have a few games tucked away in my lockers that I haven't even played yet - including a strategy game called 'Through The Desert' that involves masses of plastic camels!

Then there's 'Forbidden Island' which I introduced a couple of Funsters to at Malvern. In that one you have to work as a team to collect treasures and escape from the island before it disappears beneath the waves. ::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I like Ulcers, although ours is a bit battered now. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Maz.

I could be interested depending when and where. :thumb:

Haven't played board games for years as Tim is into them at all :Sad:

How about Mahjong?

Ali

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I know a local Hymer Owner who could beat you
:winky:

And who might that be??

Sounds like this could be an unusual meet. Any idea on a date and location yet?

I know a nice little site near Market Harborough, they have a rally field but not sure how many hook ups. Would folks want hook ups early winter? Traffic free walking and cycling into the town.

Also I know where Teddybard lives so we could all go round there for bacon rolls on Sunday morning!::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
And who might that be??

I know a nice little site near Market Harborough, they have a rally field but not sure how many hook ups. Would folks want hook ups early winter? Traffic free walking and cycling into the town.

Also I know where Teddybard lives so we could all go round there for bacon rolls on Sunday morning!::bigsmile:

You might not know where he lives now!:Eeek:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Trying to avoid clashing with Fun meets already arranged, we'd probably be looking at 18-21 Oct or 15-18 Nov.

Ideally we want either a pub (with room to play games) with a rally field or a campsite with some sort of recreation room/hall (and close to a pub). ::bigsmile:

So far I'm considering the Hampstall Inn at Astley Burf, Stourport-on-Severn. In March the Caravan Club had a rally on the hardstanding of their car park, which is right alongside the River Severn. Rate quoted was £5.75 per night. Good food - and fishing for those who don't play games. :winky:

http://www.herefordshire-centre.co.uk/rallyProgram.html?m=3&y=2013

Broken Link Removed

Any thoughts?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Trying to avoid clashing with Fun meets already arranged, we'd probably be looking at 18-21 Oct or 15-18 Nov.

Ideally we want either a pub (with room to play games) with a rally field or a campsite with some sort of recreation room/hall (and close to a pub). ::bigsmile:

So far I'm considering the Hampstall Inn at Astley Burf, Stourport-on-Severn. In March the Caravan Club had a rally on the hardstanding of their car park, which is right alongside the River Severn. Rate quoted was £5.75 per night. Good food - and fishing for those who don't play games. :winky:

http://www.herefordshire-centre.co.uk/rallyProgram.html?m=3&y=2013

Broken Link Removed

Any thoughts?

Looks like it would cove all requirements. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back