Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
A big hello from frog hopper. Sat and Sunday 10/11 August I help stage a friends of ferguson vintage harvest. We cut a field of wheat, with vintage tractors, and farm items, we thresh it in a 1904 wooden foden powered by a steam engine, that is brought in on vintage lorries. Bread is baked in a field oven and we sell it with meat from a field BBQ, all proceeds go to Macmillan nurses, lots of other things go on, any one near us, 9 miles south of Salisbury. On a36, 5 miles north of Southampton. Is welcome to stay over night. We would like a donation to Macmillan for this. We have no facilities on site. Flat field. And you can sit outside your Moho and watch. We are in our 15th year, it's fun. It's a bit different, but it's for a good cause, more info ? ? ? Just ask, thanks for reading this, barry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My grandfather owned and worked a couple of thrashing boxes in Cheshire. Damned hard work.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
A big hello from frog hopper. Sat and Sunday 10/11 August I help stage a friends of ferguson vintage harvest. We cut a field of wheat, with vintage tractors, and farm items, we thresh it in a 1904 wooden foden powered by a steam engine, that is brought in on vintage lorries. Bread is baked in a field oven and we sell it with meat from a field BBQ, all proceeds go to Macmillan nurses, lots of other things go on, any one near us, 9 miles south of Salisbury. On a36, 5 miles north of Southampton. Is welcome to stay over night. We would like a donation to Macmillan for this. We have no facilities on site. Flat field. And you can sit outside your Moho and watch. We are in our 15th year, it's fun. It's a bit different, but it's for a good cause, more info ? ? ? Just ask, thanks for reading this, barry
I very much like the idea of that....could you give just a tad more info on the location please, though we are fairly local........Basingstoke.......I know, but everyone gets a short straw sometime in life:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Vintage tractor

Hi, M3' M 27. A 36. Less than half mile to roundabout services on right, macdonalds, carry on A36 about a mile on left. Enter via exhibitors entrance, most likely me on gate. About 30 miles from Basingstoke. Happy to help more info. If you fancy helping out a bit you would be most welcome. Just marshalling or directing, thanks

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, M3' M 27. A 36. Less than half mile to roundabout services on right, macdonalds, carry on A36 about a mile on left. Enter via exhibitors entrance, most likely me on gate. About 30 miles from Basingstoke. Happy to help more info. If you fancy helping out a bit you would be most welcome. Just marshalling or directing, thanks

What time for turning up to assist a bit on Saturday, or would friday evening be ok

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Tractors

Hi, we shall be there setting up most of Friday, my mobile. 07827916227

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
wish I'd seen this earlier
next year perhaps you could post notice well before the event.
good luck
Roger:Smile:::bigsmile:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, we shall be there setting up most of Friday, my mobile. 07827916227
Hi Barry, thanks for that. Hopefully we will be there, should know for definite next weds/thurs. I will call you to confirm, Dave
PS Will there be any loo emptying points avalable

Last edited:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
For all you guys and gals who are interested the vintage harvest was superb, great location, great show and great people and fantastic value...I took just a few photos, and then a few more and then....well actually over 300 but how do I add some on here. All help gratefully received. I'm sure froghopper will update you but it's same time same place next year

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
For all you guys and gals who are interested the vintage harvest was superb, great location, great show and great people and fantastic value...I took just a few photos, and then a few more and then....well actually over 300 but how do I add some on here. All help gratefully received. I'm sure froghopper will update you but it's same time same place next year

So stick it in the calendar for next year, add it as a rally/meet and wait for the list of names to grow :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Tractor rally

Thanks Dave and your very kind lady, and they thought they would sit and watch, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Sylvester was on the trailer giving tractor rides, Dave was dooing all sorts, . Big Dave and myself thank you so very much, and have even more roles for you next year. Did you see the folk group playing in the vintage gypsy caravans,,,,, course you can :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:. We have I've a thousand pounds to give Macmillan nurses, collected while we all had fun, just imagine if we had 20 funsters Friday till Sunday and each gave £20 that's just the normal admission fee, we could put another £400 to that, the pizza and beer inthebig tent started when we closed sat eve, and ended at 2 am, so I was told, jokes, tall tales and as the drinks went down, the tales got even more odd, it is the second week end in August, but will keep you updated, thanks for all your interest, regards, frog hopper, (barry)

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Dave and your very kind lady, and they thought they would sit and watch, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Sylvester was on the trailer giving tractor rides, Dave was dooing all sorts, . Big Dave and myself thank you so very much, and have even more roles for you next year. Did you see the folk group playing in the vintage gypsy caravans,,,,, course you can :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:. We have I've a thousand pounds to give Macmillan nurses, collected while we all had fun, just imagine if we had 20 funsters Friday till Sunday and each gave £20 that's just the normal admission fee, we could put another £400 to that, the pizza and beer inthebig tent started when we closed sat eve, and ended at 2 am, so I was told, jokes, tall tales and as the drinks went down, the tales got even more odd, it is the second week end in August, but will keep you updated, thanks for all your interest, regards, frog hopper, (barry)
We are both delighted that Macmillan nurses are £1K better off, they richly deserve every penny.....and yes Sylv (ester) and I will be there next year.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
There is a campsite on a farm in Cornwall that still operates that way, name escapes me now. I think you would like it though - all done horse drawn etc.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008

With a little luck a photo from the vintage harvest last weekend

Sorry, still can't get it right

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Tractor photos

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!:Blush: :Blush: this bloke Merle. :Eeek::Eeek: much better helping out than printing pictures :cry::cry::Doh::cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back