Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
T5
Exp
A while
Well I'm new to the forum so hello. Having just returned from 3 weeks in France in our T5 home brew (tent on wheels) conversion the wife now has aspirations of something a bit more 'fancy'. So the investigation has started into if it's financially achievable and the practical realities.

I lean towards a PVC but it would have to have bunks in the back for the kids, two belted seats in the front that turn into a bed for us all squeezed into the smallest van I can get. Not fussed about lots of bells and whistles and things that can go wrong, like the simple approach (more than likely looking at a bespoke conversion) so anyone got any constructive advice?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Welcome Copperpot, both my boys are T4 nutters. There are many on here who swear by their PVC's so you'll find many like minded campers on here.

I had many years in VW but have gone for loads of room this time, but unlike the VW days I have to give thought to the width of the streets and the whereabouts of suitable parking spaces these days.

By the way it is a cracking forum, lightly sprinkled with just the right amount of 'Nutters'.
:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Copperpot

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
T5
Exp
A while
Thanks for the response, yep I don't want to worry about size of road or parking etc too much which is one of the reasons for a PVC oh and I would like to be able to fit it on the drive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Welcome to fun, come join in at one of the many meets and rallies we have during the year.

Good luck with your search and keep us updated

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:welcomefunster: to the mad house

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
:welcomefunster: Your spec may be difficult from the normal converters so going bespoke may be the rather expensive answer. have you thought of converting one yourself to give you the van you want. Lots of help on here as you will find out :thumb:

Mike

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Welcome. There are many self build enthusiasts on this site so you will be able to get many tips. Just ask away.
I built my own Transit camper and my joinery skills are zilch. I just worked on the principle that everything comprises a box or several different size boxes and put the interior together that way. Had to put a few holes in for doors etc.:roflmto:

OP
OP
C

Copperpot

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
T5
Exp
A while
Yep considered doing some of it myself, did the rear bed and kitchen pod in the t5 myself (well made a prototype to see how it all works and it's still there 4 years later) I can butcher wood and carpet things but I'd be reluctant to start cutting holes in the van or doing electrics ,gas etc

I may end up doing some myself but it will depend on how much it all costs....still at the is it worth all the money to go bigger or just put some more into the t5 to make it a bit more like a proper conversion.

I think the big thing for us at the moment is the 'faff' of trips packing and un packing things, awning, no loo and no real inside space if it was raining and cold.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well I'm new to the forum so hello. Having just returned from 3 weeks in France in our T5 home brew (tent on wheels) conversion the wife now has aspirations of something a bit more 'fancy'. So the investigation has started into if it's financially achievable and the practical realities.

I lean towards a PVC but it would have to have bunks in the back for the kids, two belted seats in the front that turn into a bed for us all squeezed into the smallest van I can get. Not fussed about lots of bells and whistles and things that can go wrong, like the simple approach (more than likely looking at a bespoke conversion) so anyone got any constructive advice?

TRy a WildAx Solaris see Link Removed - that would seem to be what you are looking for!

Catherine

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun.:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Copperpot

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
T5
Exp
A while
TRy a WildAx Solaris see Link Removed - that would seem to be what you are looking for!

Catherine

Thanks all for the warm welcome

seen the wildax, it's actually been parked next to one in an aire last week that has started this whole thing. Think I prefer the auto-sleepers windrush layout though....anywho when I look at them with all the fancy bells and whistles and lovely furnishings I cant help think I would be paying for (assuming I could ever scrape up enough to buy one) for a lot of things I'm not fussed about...i will explain (by the way I will admit to using you all as a sounding board for my ponderings) if you took the windrush...I dont really want a shower, not fussed about the the oven (I prefer cooking outdoors) so If I reduced the size of the kitchen bit/bathroom bit to what I want, would fit in a smaller van?

could the layout be replicated in a bespoke van with 'asda' fixtures and fittings and just the bells no whistles rather than 'waitrose' fixtures and fittings if you know what i mean and save a load of money

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back