Frey Bentos to the rescue !!! (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
As I said in a previous post......On my way to Jim's for a quiet few days the front half of my exhaust had had enough torment and decided to part company from the rest of the exhaust system ! It did it's own thing and hung limply from the rest ! ( No lewd comments please !:Blush:) "Sod it" I thought :cry: " look at it later !":Doh:

5 days later, Jim had some wire to hand to re-align it roughly for the homeward journey ! But something was needed for a splint ! :Eeek: Jeannie suggested the lid of the F.B. Pie that we had consumed a few days before, so digging deep into the rubbish, there it was, shining in all it's chicken glory !! A quick manipulation with a pair of pliers and it was soon moulded into shape and fixed on with the aforementioned wire... Job done, and it lasted until we got it into kwik fit in Shrewsbury ! £82-50 later silence reigned !:thumb:

SO, all you F.B. Pie knockers ..Think on !!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've always been a FB fan, now there's even more reason to fill the lockers up with them for our next trip.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We used to use family sized baked bean tins, a couple of jubilee clips and exhaust bandage to bodge ours up (back in the day). Took both ends off the tin and split the the thing.

Held up better than the rest of the exhaust and outlasted it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We used to use family sized baked bean tins, a couple of jubilee clips and exhaust bandage to bodge ours up (back in the day). Took both ends off the tin and split the the thing.

Held up better than the rest of the exhaust and outlasted it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did about 200kms with that kind of thing on a Bedford J 6 Water tanker when we were Drilling Seismic Holes for Shell BP Todd in the back of beyond near Gore:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp

Did that when I was a kid on a chevette - lasted two years that bean can - probably longer than the real exhaust!:ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Gromett, Rangi & Rainbow,

Would the repair have been even better if you had used a Heinz baked bean tin?:winky:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not an expert on this but, I would have thought the corrugations in the sides of a bean can, would increase the sturdiness of the can?

Bit like interlining collars and cuffs in dressmaking .....

:ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just use the contents as exhaust jointing compound. when heat is introduced, they set like stone. might even give them a bit of flavour too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back