Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Starting to trawl for best prices for winter.
Plan is leave the UK early December & return mid March.
Always been Eurotunnel in the past (no sea legs!) but due to drastically reduced wages, we're considering a ferry but cant seem to find one which will accept pets?
Any ideas please? (other than leave the cat behind!)

Ta

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I travelled DFDS many times with my cat, but they do charge.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
put some window stickers on the cats feet stick him to the window like a garfield job done :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Why don't you get your neighbours to club in for the cats fare?, I'm sure they would be glad to see the back of it for a while, no more cat crap in their borders:winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why don't you get your neighbours to club in for the cats fare?, I'm sure they would be glad to see the back of it for a while, no more cat crap in their borders:winky:

Oh no the neighbours loved it. As I lived in the country at the time it used to keep the mice population under control. Anyway, unfortunately some moron in a car ran it over and killed it. The sooner they bring in gun law the better... Kill anything belonging to me and I am allowed to kill you.

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+

Thats strange. DFDS was one of the ones I tried this morning. After inputting all our details, right at the end, it flashed up with an error message....." animals are not allowed in this type of vehicle combination".

Might try ringing them instead.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Cats on Ferries

We travel with 2 dogs and a cat and allways use the Dover/ Calais ferries and have used all the companies without any problems and never any refusals.
If you want to save a few bob go out with My Ferry they don'nt charge for pets going out and come back with P and O that way you'l only pay £15 per pet
Alan:thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
dffs only charge one way for pets, its to cover the cost involved in handing you the scanner to scan the animal why they bother i dont know as they cant even see what youve scanned from the chair in the kiosk

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Interesting to read the comments regard animal,s we have used all the ferries out of Dover and every single time we have paid £30 return each or £15 each single one way .Cats and dogs are the same price unless i am missing something . We take our dogs but would love to take the cat as well, but frightened we may loose her as cats do tend have a mind of there own,lol:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back