Another one to give us a bad name! (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Stayed at Windermere C & CC at Staveley on Friday night.
Saturday prior to leaving I pulled around to the Motorhome service point, emptied the toilet cassette, and drained my waste tank.

I then left the site at 12 noon, and on approaching the main road to go to Windermere I pulled up behing a Tag Axle Bessacar on a 57 plate, he turned left and I pulled out behind him, over the next few miles i was covered in the spray from his waste tank as the lazy B***ard had opened his waste drain to empty as he drove along, just the thing to give us a bad name. Wish i could remember the full reg number, and i wish i could have stopped him to have a few strong words.
Now home so will give it a good wash tomorrow.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Strangely enough some think its the done thing :Doh:. How many times have you heard the saying "Its only a drop of grey water". Try getting the stuff off the front of your van after its dried on :Angry:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
very common to see in france and spain . they have the facilities but dont use them . think the french are the worse for doing it .

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
My wife commented on the sweet sickly smell as soon as it started to pour out.
It would have be worse following in a car.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
This is insignificant compared to the thousands of tons of salt deliberately spewed into our environment every winter when safer alternatives are available. This is a serious case of sustained & regular environmental destruction.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
When you wash your van and car does the water go on the road?
I do not see the difference other than he should not be emptying it whilst going along what come off tractor wheels site lorries etc is far worse

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This is insignificant compared to the thousands of tons of salt deliberately spewed into our environment every winter when safer alternatives are available. This is a serious case of sustained & regular environmental destruction.

So what? No matter how bad that is what possible excuse is there for adding to it?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I do not see the difference other than he should not be emptying it whilst going along what come off tractor wheels site lorries etc is far worse

It doesn't matter what comes off a tractor. As per previous post, what excuse is there for adding to it? If I wash my car I do so on the drive where it is filtered by gravel - and, anyway, only we are affected nobody else.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Whilst it actually probably does little or no harm it is what its perceived to be that does the damage in the eyes of the public, we therefore should not do it simples. On a hot day the stench of grey waste is not something I want to be breathing in.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
definately lots of french do it . next to aussies they must be the worst dirtiest m,homers . have been for years and they dont get any better .

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
It doesn't matter what comes off a tractor. As per previous post, what excuse is there for adding to it? If I wash my car I do so on the drive where it is filtered by gravel - and, anyway, only we are affected nobody else.

Not quite, the earth is a closed cycle system, your 'magic gravel' is merely hiding the fact your polluted washing water is killing invertebrates and bacteria in the soil where the water ends up. Also your water & it's contents will be leeching into the water table at some point and will be recycled via groundwater into water that may eventually even be drunk......:whatthe:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
shouldnt worry about it i would say nearly every bit of water we drink as passed through at least one body in its life time .
as you say the world is closed so nothing we have now wasnt there before . it was just in a different form .
nothing is added or taken away just changed .

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I simply don't get it...

I do not understand.

If I see a man throwing an empty fag packet out of a Mini do I think all Mini drivers are litter bugs?

Has he "spoilt it" for the rest of the Mini owners or drivers?

Of course not...

Only those with a severe lack of logical reasoning skills would lump all Mini drivers into the same behaviour group based on the actions of one or two of them.

This "there are always some spoiling it for the rest of us" mantra is not part of my thinking.

I have never ever, ever had anyone spoil my motorhoming life based of the behaviour of other vanners.

I am an individual not a number.

So there!

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
grey waste is normally greasy due to the soap and other contaminants, therefore spreading it on the road is dangerous to other road users like motorcyclists etc

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not quite, the earth is a closed cycle system, your 'magic gravel' is merely hiding the fact your polluted washing water is killing invertebrates and bacteria in the soil where the water ends up. Also your water & it's contents will be leeching into the water table at some point and will be recycled via groundwater into water that may eventually even be drunk......:whatthe:

Good job I normally use Onedrywash then isn't it ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I simply don't get it...

I do not understand.

If I see a man throwing an empty fag packet out of a Mini do I think all Mini drivers are litter bugs?

Has he "spoilt it" for the rest of the Mini owners or drivers?

Of course not...

Only those with a severe lack of logical reasoning skills would lump all Mini drivers into the same behaviour group based on the actions of one or two of them.(snip)
Trouble is there are plenty who do. In the case of motorhomes it also gives opponents an argument against provision of facilities (whether based on truth or not).

Actually, just thinking about it as I write. We don't condone general litter bugs, individually or collectively, so why condone those who litter with motorhome waste?

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Not only lazy, inconsiderate to others, Yes I believe it does reflect on other motorhomers , in some folks eyes, why be so selfish, makes my blood boil, the way some behave, chucking litter, barging into you, general couldn`t care attitude we have may come on leaps and bounds in technology etc, but my g....human manners and decency has gone down the pan, excuse the pun, in some cases, it`s a me me society, yes put your reg. no. I will avoid you.:Angry:

If it is a wind up, not amused. Most of this should have been on previous thread, sorry, think you get my meaning on both threads, I despair.

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
french or brits just lazy a...holes.

I am afraid the French are very anti dropping off your grey by leaving the tap open and letting it run out anywhere :Eeek:.and they will very quickly tell you off...But.. I have just returned from the uk where it seem to be a normal practice at some of the places we stopped at :Doh: like CCC holiday sites in a field..

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

It isn't just soap and water though is it? Grease, tea & coffee dregs, other food juices, shaving detritus, and it stinks too. Road dirt and mud is not nearly as offensive...

Catherine

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Trouble is there are plenty who do. In the case of motorhomes it also gives opponents an argument against provision of facilities (whether based on truth or not).

Actually, just thinking about it as I write. We don't condone general litter bugs, individually or collectively, so why condone those who litter with motorhome waste?

I agree Graham ..there is no need for it.... or any excuse for doing it......what a lot of the french do with there grey water... is use it to swill there toilette cassette out with ..then empty it down the toilet point at the Bourne....

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
It isn't just soap and water though is it? Grease, tea & coffee dregs, other food juices, shaving detritus, and it stinks too. Road dirt and mud is not nearly as offensive...

Catherine

Seriously ....that is not true....stuff that gets spilt on the road on a regular basis, anything that is contained within a motor vehicle:
oil, petrol, diesel, various types of grease, brake fluid, anti-freeze etc. Contents of tankers through leakage or accident, farm waste like animal slurry etc- I regularly see farmers up here dumping thousands of gallons of slurry into ditches........I have seen one farmer brazenly run his waste slurry directly across the road into a ditch making a bit of grey waste not such a big deal IMHO ! :Doh:

Last edited:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Our previous van was a Fluerette Grebe and it had a bit of kit fitted that wouldn't let you run off the grey waste while the engine was running.

Personally I think it should be a standard fitting on all vans :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Our previous van was a Fluerette Grebe and it had a bit of kit fitted that wouldn't let you run off the grey waste while the engine was running.

Personally I think it should be a standard fitting on all vans :thumb:

Scattycat......Fluerette.....is a French van...

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Seriously ....that is not true....stuff that gets spilt on the road on a regular basis, anything that is contained within a motor vehicle:
oil, petrol, diesel, various types of grease, brake fluid, anti-freeze etc. Contents of tankers through leakage or accident, farm waste like animal slurry etc- I regularly see farmers up here dumping thousands of gallons of slurry into ditches........I have seen one farmer run his waste slurry directly across the road into a ditch and you think a bit of grey waste is a big deal ! :Doh:

Oh dear - I'm sorry you live where farmers are behaving badly, but when did 2 wrongs ever make a right? Their behaviour doesn't justify motorhomers throwing off stinking water inconsiderately, especially when there are proper places to dispose of it. Oxfordshire farmers are obviously more considerate because apart from the occasional bit of mud or dung on country roads, we don't have that sort of problem. :Smile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
waste

give 3 points on their licence if caught that should deter them:thumb:
brian jo and josh

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Oxfordshire farmers are obviously more considerate because apart from the occasional bit of mud or dung on country roads, we don't have that sort of problem. :Smile:

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back