Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, we are thinking of stopping at Apps Court Farm for 3 days in September. Has anyone had recent experience of the site and places to visit using bikes.

Thanks
Richard.:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi all, we are thinking of stopping at Apps Court Farm for 3 days in September. Has anyone had recent experience of the site and places to visit using bikes.

Thanks
Richard.:Smile:

Hi
We was going to stop there in June but had a change of plans, Hampton Court nearby , Twickenham, Kingston & Richmond quite local, enjoy your visit. Pete

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi there, well we stayed there when the Barrio festival was on just over a week ago,great location for using the bikes on the Thames tow path with Hampton and Walton with in easy reach.
Only problem was that we were well and truly ripped of as far as price for a pitch in a field with electric went, justified by the owners as due to the fact that they had installed more showers & toilets which to say the least were absolutely inadequate and filthy, I did complain about the fact and notes were taken but when we departed after 6 days the showers were still the same, smelly & filthy.
Access is nothing more than a gravel track to a big big field, if you do decide to go there get confirmation on price and don't get ripped of over the Vat sting like we were and told that it was due to the fact the field had been hired out for the Barrio ( Philippine) festival.
Pity that from my own view and experience the site fell short on basic stuff as the location is ideal for access to that area, but ahoy!!!! you pays your money (£200+ in our case ) and makes your choice.:cry:

Regards Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 2062.jpg
    2062.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 2064.jpg
    2064.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2063.jpg
    2063.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 1954.jpg
    1954.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 52

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
based on the review and photos above, we will be giving that one a wide berth. thankyou:thumb:

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
we stay on C+CC site at Walton - no loos or showers and very reasonably priced. We like it by the river. Easy cycling to Esher Walton Hampton Court etc

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Apps Court Farm, if you put London Visit into search I have put a thread on about it.

We intended staying a week there and stayed a fortnight, I pointed out at the time think of it as wild camping but with Elsan and Electric,

We requested that we parked as near to the Thames Path as possible and was literally 1 minute from our van through the gate and on it.

We found the site owners could not do enough to help us yes the toilets are old but when we were there they were cleaned every day.

If you have a bike and want to get into London it is great just leave your bikes at Hampton Court Station, and into London in 20 mins.

Nice cycle ride to Richmond Park.

If you ask to Park by the River it is peaceful quite with more than enough electric excellent wifi signal for 3 and vodaphone. We will be going back. Good for us it was outside the LEZ zone..

PS. If any one can put a link to my London thread thanks :Smile:

We Paid £18 for London with Leccy /Water and Elsan point , no complaints from me.

Pulled thread up Our London Trip 2013.

Last edited:

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hello Carol,
We had read your posting a while ago and that made us considered Apps court, as i said and couldn't agree with you more it is the ideal site for exploring the area,but it falls well short on the basic facilities which let it down, plus the fact of paying £213 for 6 nights, yep a fool and his money :Blush:

Nigel

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes I agree there is a huge difference between the £18 a night which we paid and the £35 a night you paid I don't think I would like to pay £35 a night over what it because it was a different season of what it because of the amount people in a van I don't know £18 a good value £35 way too much.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just a little bit of info for those out of london looking for a siteclose to london try Deben house in essex although inside the M25 is actually not in the lez provided you watch which route you use to get to it site is nice with toilets and showers near the motorhome field and is in the middle of epping forest theres small shop and cafe
im told theres a bus from outside to Debden station which is on the end of the central line
We stayed there last weekend for £16 a night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back