maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Has anyone used this outlet to fill up their motorhome? If so, how easy do you reckon it would be to get an 8m van up to the pump?

Spoke to a lad there on the phone and he went off with a measuring tape! Fitting in a space in theory and actually manoeuvering in with a large inflexible van can be quite different. So anyone any practical experience of the set up there?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Have a look on google earth - looks ok to me!

I've tried that but couldn't tell if there was any solid obstruction in the shadow of those trees (if what I think is the pump actually is). The guy I spoke to said to ring shortly before I arrived as I would be blocking their yard access while I filled!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
On street view, the road in looks big enough - i would advise backing in as it appears their is a workshop behind the garage front, with what appears to be the pump in the middle.

The corner has an armoured barrier, which you will be better positioned to see reversing in. It appears that lorries go in and out - so should be fine!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Do you have a countrywide account Maz ?

reason i ask is none account holders pay a premium price for gas.

I called at the Malvern depot a couple of years ago and the price at the time was around 63ppl

As a none account holder i would have paid 90ppl...put in just enough (50ltrs) to get me to Oswestry.

since then i have opened an account even though their outlets are on the other side of the country.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On street view, the road in looks big enough - i would advise backing in as it appears their is a workshop behind the garage front, with what appears to be the pump in the middle.

The corner has an armoured barrier, which you will be better positioned to see reversing in. It appears that lorries go in and out - so should be fine!

we must have different google earth to you.

it appears to be a regular pump island to the left of the building and the access and exit is by a circular route going round the main building.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
we must have different google earth to you.

it appears to be a regular pump island to the left of the building and the access and exit is by a circular route going round the main building.

The building in your photo is the Total/Shell garage next door. What I think must be the Countrywide pump is in the top LH corner just past the zebra crossing.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, I've recently opened an account with them. This will be my first attempt at filling up using their key system. :Smile:

wise move :thumb:

the key system is easy...just follow instructions on the pump or on the pump cage/shelter.

wise to carry your information folder with you too as some pumps are caged and locked at night/weekends so you need the supplied combination lock codes for each location.

you will also get updates on price as the wholesale price fluctuates....nobody told me that.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
wise move :thumb:

the key system is easy...just follow instructions on the pump or on the pump cage/shelter.

wise to carry your information folder with you too as some pumps are caged and locked at night/weekends so you need the supplied combination lock codes for each location.

you will also get updates on price as the wholesale price fluctuates....nobody told me that.

If you are using it for heating and cooking/Refrigeration rather than propulsion you can get it at 5%Vat instead of 20%VAT. You need two accounts if you are using both. You need the account marked for domestic use to get the 5% vat rate

Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hired a few, now own, so a semi-newbie :-)
Hi Maz

If you can wait until about 6pm tonight, I will pop in and have a look (I live in Witney)
Had some friends up earlier this year who filled up there. 7mt MH. they never said they had a problem.

Jon

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz

If you can wait until about 6pm tonight, I will pop in and have a look (I live in Witney)
Had some friends up earlier this year who filled up there. 7mt MH. they never said they had a problem.

Jon

Thank you - that's very good of you. :Smile:

The plan is to fill up there as I work my way west towards the Malvern Show, so should be around 12th August.

Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Maz

Well I have had a look, the Countrywide is going to depend on where your fill point is!

Have attached pic's so you can see. The Total garage may be best but you will have to reverse out as its a bit tight going out the normal way, I can manage with mine (6.5mts) it all depends on whats there at the time.
Bottom pic is to scale.

Hope this helps

Jon

URL]

URL]

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Wow, Jon, that's so good of you to go to all that trouble. Thank you. :thumb:

The filler is near the front on the LHS of the van, so I'd have to drive in for the hose to reach. Looks like I'd probably need someone to guide me back out if that's into the flow of traffic round the Total garage. Is there a clear way out clockwise round the back of the Total garage by any chance?

Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Maz

if you reverse out and go round the back of the garage clockwise you will be fine, plenty of room there.
Have sent PM

Jon

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Update

Filled up with LPG at Countrywide Witney today as planned - no problems. Parked with filler alongside the pump cage and was then able to drive into their warehouse yard to turn round instead of having to back out into the garage. :Smile:

Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Maz

That's great. Have fun at the Malvern Show, I can't make due to family commitments :-(

Jon

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well done Maz, what was the cost of the LPG today with the 5% vat price Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Oooh I didn't notice price on the pump, only the number of litres. It took over 36 litres - yes, I was running low! :winky:

Price given on my paperwork when I joined (which was only recently) was 56p per litre ex VAT. My account with them is at 5% so it would be around 59p per litre inc VAT.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We were staying on a ths last night right opposite Countrywide near Chipping Norton so took the opportunity to drop in my account application . However I could not fill up with gas for cash as they only sell it on account.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back