Autotrail apache 700 how to fit UK and Spanish gas bottles (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On my Apache 700 I have a locker thats big enough for 2 large bottles.
As we travel to Spain often i keep a Spanish bottle and have a system where a quick change of the adaptor allows either to be used..

This link should work and show how I have it done. The Spanish "jumbo" adaptor can be bought online here in UK or at many camping shops and large DIY supermarkets in Spain. €13-18. The bottle is "Cepsa" which is the lighter aluminium bottle, easily obtainable on campsite notice boards, from "rastro" which are a sort of second hand shop or boot sale. €10 seems an average for a used bottle.. Refills as of July 2013 are around €18.

http://s447.photobucket.com/user/staffs1959/library/Apache%20700%20mods/Apache%20700%20gas%20locker

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Alternatively, introduce gas through a BBQ outlet point, at low pressure, using a Spanish regulator.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have heard others do that. Is it safe, as the instructions for my Truma BBQ point says you should not use it for that.

I can see a safety issue - you forget to turn off the gas tank, unplug and there's a whole lot of gas all round you, could end in fried tears.

But you can unscrew a regulator with the tap open and that's even worse.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have heard others do that. Is it safe, as the instructions for my Truma BBQ point says you should not use it for that.

Walk around any Spanish campsite and I bet you see loads of motorhomes doing it just like that.. Not heard any horror stories as yet.. Only downside is if you want to use the BBQ point itself. We used to have a seperate regulator and hose to run the BBQ.. Regulators are quite cheap at about €9 in the Chinese shops.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
So all you need to buy is the jumbo adaptor..which you change over when you want to use a Spanish bottle ? Taking the uk adaptor off and putting the Jumbo on ?

Hope I got that right

barry

thanks for the map details

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
So all you need to buy is the jumbo adaptor..which you change over when you want to use a Spanish bottle ? Taking the uk adaptor off and putting the Jumbo on ?

Hope I got that right

barry

thanks for the map details

YES thats right,, Bottles are always around somewhere €8-10
You already have the regulator on the van, the jumbo adaptors are not as easy to get as the spanish regulators but are around. If going to Benidorm there is a camping shop right opposite El Raco where they sell them. Also if you pass a large DIY store on your travels you can have a look in there..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back