Giff Gaff Help For An Idiot Needed... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I plan to be in Blighty for a couple of weeks in August.

If I don't have the means to go online at anytime, day and night, I break out in cold sweats and develop a rash...

I know there are some Giff Gaff bods on here.

Am I right in thinking I can buy a one off £20 "Goody Bag" sim card and have loads of calls and texts AND unlimited data for those two weeks and then that is the end of it?

If this true I would really appreciate help with this matter especially if the "helper" wins some Brownie points by selling it to me...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Am I right to understand you are looking for some kind soul to buy this on your behalf so you can use it in the uK when you visit?

Norman

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Am I right to understand you are looking for some kind soul to buy this on your behalf so you can use it in the uK when you visit?

Norman

Hi Norman... was planning to buy it myself but I thought I saw that a Funster was connected with Giff Gaff...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jj is this for a phone or a tablet or laptop as well ?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If you press "more info on prices" on this link it shows what you describe.

https://giffgaff.com/orders/free-sim-card?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=deals%20giffgaff&utm_content={SI:pubAdID}&utm_campaign=ps-G_PC_Brand_giffgaff+bundles

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Norman... was planning to buy it myself but I thought I saw that a Funster was connected with Giff Gaff...

Good morning
It's jhorsf who has something to do with Giff Gaff, there is a link in his sig. :Smile:
Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

If I don't have the means to go online at anytime, day and night, I break out in cold sweats and develop a rash...

[HI]Am I right in thinking I can buy a one off £20 "Goody Bag" sim card and have loads of calls and texts AND unlimited data for those two weeks and then that is the end of it?
[/HI]
If this true I would really appreciate help with this matter especially if the "helper" wins some Brownie points by selling it to me...

yes, exactly correct JJ .. enjoy your trip :Smile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Am I right in thinking I can buy a one off £20 "Goody Bag" sim card and have loads of calls and texts AND unlimited data for those two weeks and then that is the end of it?

yes but you will only need to put £ 15 on first time
as they give you a fiver for joining

free calls to other giffgaffers included

see me sig for a link

if your comming londinium way to dartford tinnel
i have one at home

:thumb:
edit it runs on 02 network

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Bit confused :Confused:never used giffgaff before, is it only giffgaff to giffgaff calls that are free. See highlighted section. Do you pay for other mobile calls.:whatthe:

giffgaff Prices

Minutes Texts Data Extra benefits
60+free 300 20MB Free extra minutes
Free calls and texts to giffgaff
200 Unlimited 250MB Free calls and texts to giffgaff
500 Unlimited 1GB Free calls and texts to giffgaff
250 Unlimited Unlimited Free calls and texts to giffgaff
400 Unlimited Unlimited Free calls and texts to giffgaff
1200 Unlimited Unlimited Free calls and texts to giffgaff Unlimited texts and internet
We are unlimited for personal mobile use - but not for commercial and automated use.
Free to giffgaff
You need to top-up by top-up voucher, top-up by credit /debit card or buy a goodybag from your credit /debit card at least every 3 months to receive free giffgaff to giffgaff calls. If you don't, other UK rates will apply as above. The free giffgaff to giffgaff calls last for 60 minutes per call, so you need to hang up and re-dial if you want to keep talking for free.

BlackBerry Add-on

For £2.50 extra a month get the BlackBerry Add-on to access BlackBerry Services. If you have a BlackBerry 10 handset then you will not need this add-on in order to access BlackBerry services.
Note: The BlackBerry Add-on is available combined with all goodybags apart from data only gigabags.

[HI]UK prices

Calls, texts, call forwarding and video calls to giffgaff FreeCalls to other UK mobiles, landlines and call forwarding10p per minuteTexts to other UK mobiles and landlines6p per textVoice mail8p per callMobile Internet (up to 20MB)20p a day Free phone numbers (starting 080 & 0500)Free[/HI]

International rates
China 2p
India 2p
Ireland 5p
USA 3p
Poland 4p
Italy 7p

giffgaff Gigabags

Minutes Texts Data Extra benefits
- - 500MB Free calls and texts to giffgaff
- - 1GB Free calls and texts to giffgaff
- - 3GB Free calls and texts to giffgaff
​ ​ giffgaff runs on the O2 network
Copyright © 2013 giffgaff

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Giff gaff runs on O2. What I have been wondering is, if so, with my Samsung S2, which was supplied and is on the O2 network....would it need unlocking (is it locked?) I did look into it and it seemed complicated and expensive to get it done, especially if it is not required. Anyone actually just swapped the sims successfully in this case with the same phone as mine? Many thanks, Jane :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
although giff gaff use the same network won't mean their sim will work on the 02 phone i think the giff gaff is a good deal but the 02 is best for useage abroad as it onlt charges 50p to make the connection then use your own minutes and u can stay on thje phone from say spain to here for 59mins all for 50p but the data sim from giff gaff seems good

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Giff gaff runs on O2. What I have been wondering is, if so, with my Samsung S2, which was supplied and is on the O2 network....would it need unlocking (is it locked?) I did look into it and it seemed complicated and expensive to get it done, especially if it is not required. Anyone actually just swapped the sims successfully in this case with the same phone as mine? Many thanks, Jane :)

Giff Gaff state that their sim WILL work in any O2 phone without having to unlock from O2.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
When I saw the heading of this post, I thought.

"Confession is good for the soul.”

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I confess !!!

But at least I am a happy and content idiot without my knickers in a twist...:ROFLMAO:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Giff gaff runs on O2. What I have been wondering is, if so, with my Samsung S2, which was supplied and is on the O2 network.[HI]...would it need unlocking (is it locked?) I did look into it and it seemed complicated and expensive to get it done, [/HI]especially if it is not required. Anyone actually just swapped the sims successfully in this case with the same phone as mine? Many thanks, Jane :)

Suppliers will unlock phones free of charge after 12 months.

Wyn

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's my experience that the O2 network is next to useless outside of Cities and major towns. I used to carry an Orange, 02, Vodafone and 3 sim card.
As I need guaranteed net access at all times to earn a living.
I dumped vodafone and 02 because they were crap. If I couldn't get a 3 Signal which was exceedingly rare I could always get an Orange signal.
Since Orange and T-Mobile have merged their network it has got even better.

Depending on where you are going JJ and how important the connection is I would look at Orange for reliability and 3 for speed.

On my SGN2 I have a 3 sim and run the skype app with a skype in number.
If I lose 3 connection, I fire up my mifi with an orange sim in so skype still works etc.

Possibly a bit too mess a solution for your visit?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for info Karl...

Planned places so far... subject to changes at the drop of a hat... Oxford, Bath, wastelands of Wales (Dylan's and Our Leader's)), Malvern and the Centre Of The World For The Enlightened Ones... The Etihad Cathedral, Manchester... (not Salford or Stretford.)

and, of course, all points in between.

So no O2 signal at Malvern Showground?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I do tend to agree with Gromett on this one :
I have a Unlocked S2 (was on O2) when the giffgaff signal decides to sod off which it does frequently out in the sticks I revert back to the 3 sim for a much better signal .

In answer to the Q`s will giffgaff work in a O2 fone (not unlocked) yes in my experience it will ,on my S2 (before unlocking) and on Huawei g300 with good success .
Also giffgaff not recommended for tablets and useless when in France :Eeek:

giffgaff to Giffgaff free £12 goodybag unlimited txt and data 250mins to any fone

at the moment £10 goodybag 500 mins unlimited txts and 1gb data

:Smile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Hi JJ we are all on giffgaff . Your 1st sim has to be registered online,this may be a problem to you unless you have an address you can use and uk email,but true you can get 1200 minutes unlimited texts and data for 20 pounds which has to be used within a month.Also if you introduce someone else you get £5 credit put on your sim.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thanks for info Karl...

Planned places so far... subject to changes at the drop of a hat... Oxford, Bath, wastelands of Wales (Dylan's and Our Leader's)), Malvern and the Centre Of The World For The Enlightened Ones... The Etihad Cathedral, Manchester... (not Salford or Stretford.)

and, of course, all points in between.

So no O2 signal at Malvern Showground?

Free wifi outside my cottage for customers (hope its not raining) :Smile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im in my second month with gifgaf and it seemes to work well for me however it did steal my data this month i went to bug jam and had no signal all dfay evidently i used nearly 200mb over night and still had no service next day obviously i had something left running but wasnt bothered as there was no signal
quick note to jj you cant tether with the unlimited data goody bags but you can with the smaller ones depending how you intend using your phone you couuld be better of with a smaller phone bag and an extra data bag

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Anyone using the link to send for a card gets a free £5 credit when they register I buy a goodybag every month for my Iphone £10 gets me 500 mins unlimited texts and 1gig internet at the moment as its a special offer, normally about 250 mins if you do not but a goodybag your calls just come off you payg at 10p per min

oh I forgot to say free calls and text to other giffgaff members

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's my experience that the O2 network is next to useless outside of Cities and major towns. I used to carry an Orange, 02, Vodafone and 3 sim card.
As I need guaranteed net access at all times to earn a living.
I dumped vodafone and 02 because they were crap. If I couldn't get a 3 Signal which was exceedingly rare I could always get an Orange signal.
Since Orange and T-Mobile have merged their network it has got even better.

Depending on where you are going JJ and how important the connection is I would look at Orange for reliability and 3 for speed.

On my SGN2 I have a 3 sim and run the skype app with a skype in number.
If I lose 3 connection, I fire up my mifi with an orange sim in so skype still works etc.

Possibly a bit too mess a solution for your visit?

I find T-Mobile/Orange good too, I understand they are also EE now so fast 4G connection (if you're in the right place.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back