Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Newbie but 25 Years towing.
Having just bought one of these award winning designs (Fifer L) I can confirm they are beautifully built. The attention to detail is excellent. Not a scrap of chipboard or plastic anywhere.
No flash or gimmicks just everything you need but to the best quality.
Highly recommended.
Peter.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i cant believe there's no plastic and no vans use chipboard as it isnt moisture resistant and very heavy id be interested to hear what yours is built from?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Curtisden

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
East Neuk Fifer L

The internal paneling is all veneered marine ply. Each joint or junction is screwed and glued with a mdf reinforcement to to the rear of all cupboard door apatures. All cables and heating pipes are sheathed in trunking.
Compared with my last swift 2011 cb. Well no comparison on any level.
Peter

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Fifer L

HiWe are just about to order the Fifer L went over last week to look and were certainly impressed.
Can you tell me how you have found the TV aerial? We were not intending having a satellite system but have read poor reviews of the Maxview aerial.
Any other comments now you have lived with your Fifer would be appreciated.
Thanks Jan

OP
OP
Curtisden

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
HiWe are just about to order the Fifer L went over last week to look and were certainly impressed.
Can you tell me how you have found the TV aerial? We were not intending having a satellite system but have read poor reviews of the Maxview aerial.
Any other comments now you have lived with your Fifer would be appreciated.
Thanks Jan

We bought a stock L on a cold call from Davie and Darren in July 2012 and collected it in October. That impressed.
So it came with the standard kit which included the Maxi Antenna.
All but a few days of our use has been overseas and so we have not given it a fair crack but have found it works well enough. But I also have a 65cm satellite dish tripod etc which I had from my Caravan days that I never use but can store under the rear floor should i ever need it. Don't go for a Dome as if you travel in France it lifts your toll charge on some toll goths.
I live in Kent so a 900 round trip for back up but have had so little go wrong I have not had the need.
Whats gone wrong. Not that much.
!. The wiring from the Fan controller to the rear area fans is rather exposed and in putting my hand down to drain down the heater I pulled it out of the spade connector. Darren sent me down 2 and I rerouted it so it was out of the way.
2. The catch for the forward work flap failed and I replaced it from Homebase. Looks like they may now have changed that as well now.
3. Power jetted the Omnistep and it stopped working. Then only came out half way. Took it apart and replaced the grease and it works a treat now.
4. I think one of the front offside disks is rubbing at slow revs on a roundabout on a hill!!! but can never demonstrate it to Citroen, but its slowly going away now.
5. Reversed over one of the rear mud flaps, pulling it off. £120!!!!!!!!! so it stays off with only one now on the back.
6. Coming back from one of my solo trips to the Somme last month late did 85mph most of the way up the Autostrada and lost a hub cap. £40 ouch!!!!!! Now strapped on with cable ties.
What extras did we have fitted. Well not much but then they come with everything you need and nothing you don't.
1. 12 volt plug point next to the fresh water inlet to allow pumped filling from a can or the like when water is difficult. A must as far as i am concerned.
2. Drop down support to the rear work surface as I tend to lean on them and felt the it needed it.
3. I made up a removable coffee shelf that fits across the back door to take?? coffee cups. This also serves as a support to store the back cushions at night as we use the singles bunks and don't make up the double. Understand that they EN are looking into a coffee table themselves.
4. I have a WiFi antenna that I put up through the front roof vent to steal anyones signal i can find. Store the poles in the front cupboard in clips.
5. Made up a slide in box to store the wifi stuff and cables under the front floor.
6. Also made up a permeant tail that runs from the TV area to just inside the back door to allow for the Sat Dish to be connected without cable running everywhere. Never used it so far.
Advice don't go on the roof it dents easily!
About it.
We have been over to france 4 times this year and ar off again soon. Done over 8000 miles and it returns about a true 30mph and growing.
50 and its 32 65 and its 28mph.
Drives well and stable, easy to park and after you get use to it turning tighter than a MH because of the wheels being on the corners its a doodle.
We found that the simple design,top level build quality and attention to detail was what took us. Yes one or two others come near but many don't. I can not see we will now change again as this is near perfect for what we want and do. Touring and comfort yes. Sitting on a site for weeks on end no.
Hope that helps.
Peter :thumb:

Send me your E Mail address if this link does not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f394gk5xkel1hu2/WrdOyK-pha

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Interesting.......a triumph of function over form...

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Many thanks Peter for your detailed response and tips.
We were very impressed with our initial viewing and have decided to order, unfortunately it will not be ready until late October.
So funny your description of the coffee table at the rear as I had already said we could perhaps add one which would also make a boot area from the rear doors.
Heading to Anstruther tomorrow but at only 80 miles not such a journey as you had.
Again many thanks
Jan

OP
OP
Curtisden

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Many thanks Peter for your detailed response and tips.
We were very impressed with our initial viewing and have decided to order, unfortunately it will not be ready until late October.
So funny your description of the coffee table at the rear as I had already said we could perhaps add one which would also make a boot area from the rear doors.
Heading to Anstruther tomorrow but at only 80 miles not such a journey as you had.
Again many thanks
Jan

The coffee is terrible at ENC but the Fish and Chips on the dock by the lifeboat station is some of the best we have ever had. Not to be missed.
Peter

Bridie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Bonnie Dundee
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2013
We became the proud owners of a new Fifer Touring S earlier this month.
One short trip so far, and VERY happy
::bigsmile:

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Peter, I agree re the Fish and Chips, they are on the menu for tomorrow.
Many thanks for the photos.
Bridie so pleased you are enjoying your new Fifer.

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
We have placed an order and hope to have our new Camper in November.
They are now having an outdoor table. This comes from the unit behind the passenger seat and I immediately said good for my Remoska when cooking in good weather, oh we'll add a socket there then!!! What a pleasure to deal with the company.
Oh and the Fish and Chips were fantastic.bx

hymernova1

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
lincoln
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2011
Hi all
This is all music to my ears! We're off to view / order a new "M" next week. Anything I need to look out for or that you'd wished you ordered or changed but didn't?
Unfortunately they only have the "L" and the "S" demos to view but the "M" is a mix of the two. We have an EXLWB PVC at the moment but it's too big to use as an everyday vehicle hopefully the "M" will be more useable.
Any tips would be gratefully received. We have to travel up to Scotland from Lincoln, a six hour trip, that's the only thing I'm dubious about......being so far away if things go wrong.
thanks
John::thumb:

Bridie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Bonnie Dundee
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2013
Was down there yesterday (only a 1/2 hour drive for me!) after our first "trial" run. There weren't any problems, but I had a few things to ask Darren (and an excuse to get some fish 'n' chips!).
As always, VERY helpful. Looks very busy with a host of bare-bones vans waiting to be converted. They said they are expanding with bigger workshop and a planned showroom - but not too big, as Darren's dad said to me "The little fire that warms is better than the big fire that burns".

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
We've just been over to give them a visit and they made us very welcome :Smile: Just dealt with the dad as the son is on holiday, he has been great help and let us go for a test drive, overall comes across as someone we would prefer to buy from :Smile: we where looking at some of their used stock and seen something we like but I'll keep it to myself for the now :winky: All goes well should have our first M/H very soon ::bigsmile:

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
An update.
We received our Fifer L in Feb. this year due to delays at Citroen after the summer holidays in France 2013. The delay meant we could take up recent changes in the Camper,
A gas tank freeing the internal cupboard which to us has been a boon.
An external table which when we saw it said fantastic for Remoska so Darren placed a socket below the table.
Throughout the build Darren was in touch with us and very helpful.
Our first trip was down to Moffat in awful wet weather. Everything worked well and the heating fantastic.
We've only had one problem the noise from the drop down kitchen extension. Not a problem when we called in at Anstruther, Darren organised one of his chaps to make a wooden block and catch to secure the table whilst we headed off for Fish and Chips. No appointment needed just excellent customer service.
We are 100% happy with our Fifer L

OP
OP
Curtisden

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Funny I had the same single rattle. Its the steel folding braces and springs that rattle. I sort of fixed that with door draught seal which I also use on the locker doors.
Would love the gas tank. But of a luxury as after 19 months only on may second bottle of gas in 12000.
Happy Fifering. Off to Northumberland next week.
Peter

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Yes the rattle was from the struts, he'd tried new ones and it was quiet until going down hill the weight seemed to pull it out from the inbuilt catch.
I agree the gas tank is a luxury and we'll never get a return for the outlay in gas prices but the boon to us is the space below the oven.
We are on Mull at present enjoying the comforts of the Fifer on a particularly wet day!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back